Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 06-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
JoeKickass762

Black Screen During Launch

Just bought the game this morning. When I launch the game the screen is black but I can still hear the game. Don't really know what to do.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
pixelante15

Post your system specs. Until we know that information, I'm going to blame it on the current phase of the moon.
pixelante15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
JoeKickass762

My Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
CPU Speed 2.3 GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
16 GB of Ram
GeForce GTX 675M
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Last edited by JoeKickass762: 06-08-2012 at 07:24 AM.
JoeKickass762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
NOOTT77

black screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After installing sniper elite v2, I started steam and attempted to play the game. All I was able to acheive was a black screen with the game sound running. I read everything the forums said about updating the patch but steam had done that automatically. I knew it was a graphics problem because no problem with sound. Its hard to find the installed game file because its incorporated within the steam folder but found mine in the path: C/program files/steam/steam apps/common/sniper elite v2/bin. If you right click on the application and select properties then choose the 'compatability' tab you will see a choice of options. I selected 'run in 640 x 480 screen resolution' and then 'apply' at the bottom. close of all windows. Double click the steam icon as normal and get steam running. Click on 'play' at the top.The screen will go black straight away. As soon as you hear the game sound start press the 'windows' key on your keyboard.This will return you to the steam window, THEN WAIT a few seconds(up to 30)The game will start in a small window. Press the 'alt' key and the 'enter' or 'return' key together and it will place the game in an expandable window. Once you have this window showing click on the expand button to make the game full screen. I hope this helps some of you experiencing the same problem as me. Enjoy!!
NOOTT77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
JoeKickass762

Okay that got the game running. It's not fullscreen but at least I can play it now. Many thanks.

Last edited by JoeKickass762: 06-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.
JoeKickass762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Narcist

From the sticky at the top

Quote:
===============================
'Signal Out of Range' - Black screen error
===============================
This is where the refresh rate that the game is trying to run at is too high for your monitor. We believe that the problem still exists for some because of a driver issue which will likely be addressed in future driver updates.

Symptoms
On trying to start the game in full screen mode, the screen goes black and 'usually' displays an error message saying 'Signal Out of Range'. You will still hear the game audio through your speakers or headphones.

Solution
First off confirm that you can run the game in windowed mode. When the screen goes black, hold ALT and press Enter to change the game to Windowed mode. Does it appear? If yes, proceed to the next part.
1. In your Steam library, right-click on 'Sniper Elite V2', and click 'Properties...'
2. On the 'General' tab, click on 'Set Launch Options...'
3. Type "-60Hz" in the box that pops up, click on 'Ok'.
4. Close the 'Sniper Elite V2 - Properties' window.
5. Launch the game from Steam as usual.
Narcist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2