Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 06-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
Corpse Factory

Unofficial Wrath of the Lamb bug reporting thread v1.2

Edmund McMillen requested on his formspring that a new bug report thread be created after the 1.2 patch (Source: http://www.formspring.me/EdmundM/q/334208699620937340)

I don't know how many people read his formspring, so I thought I'd create the new thread.

Post any new or remaining glitches in this thread.

Link to previous thread:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2720685

Red - Game breaking / run ending bugs. Need immediate attention. (FIX TI FIX IT FIX IT)
Yellow - Not game breaking, but are still important and should be addressed.
Green - Do not affect gameplay, or only affect it in a very minor way, but are bugs nonetheless.

(Not complete) List of bugs:

Ending 12 and Challenge 10 still do not unlock after defeating the boss of the Cathedral.
Note: Many players who had previously unlocked these two things had them re-locked after the 1.1(?) patch, and defeating the Cathedral does not unlock them again.

Note 2: Jury rig patch for this problem available HERE.

Brimstone has been rendered useless, as it cannot fire.

Various unlocks continue to stay locked after completing their requirements.
Note: They possibly unlock(?), but no message appears.

In the ending credits, enemies with alternate versions introduced in Wrath of the Lamb will quickly switch between their different forms, giving them the appearance of spazzing out (i.e. F. hopper and spider hopper, Scolex and Pin).

Upon killing an enemy that drops a pickup (heart, coin, etc), the drop occasionally appears in the top left corner of the room, instead of where the enemy died. Also applies to poop and fire. Other items have also been seen appearing in the top-left corner, such as explosive barrels.

On the Womb / Utero XL, no item is won for beating the boss that comes directly before Mom's Heart.

Challenges 1, 2, and 3 do not unlock the correct achievements on Steam.

Having multiple familiars may cause conflicts with one another, and may not do what they're supposed to do.

Graphical abnormalities occur with certain items when used together, such as flying + SMB Super Fan. Also, Sampson's hair has a tendency to disappear with most items.

Alternate versions of the Cathedral boss don't unlock, despite bringing the polaroid to it.

Using the book of Revelations on XL floors can cause the wrong splash image and item reward in boss fights (e.g. Splash screen shows Pestilence, yet you fight Peep, and after fighting Peep, you get the Cube of Meat.)

Using the Blood Bank or the Devil Beggar while at one red heart will kill the player even if they have soul hearts left to spend. Only occurs on the Womb / Utero / Sheol / Cathedral.

Using the D6 on the first boss of an XL floor will cause the second boss to drop the Cube of Meat.

The music for Fistula and Teratoma doesn't stop after the boss has been defeated.

Technology 2 does not do damage while used in conjunction with Mom's Knife.

There exists a rare bug that deletes a user's save file after a game crash.

The aiming reticule for Epic Fetus may be affected by items such as Mom's Bra or the Hourglass. It also collides with fire.

Secret rooms on XL maps don't always contain the expected "secret room reward." Sometimes they just contain monsters, or are functionally equivalent to a normal room.

One of the alternate final bosses of the Cathedral has a graphical glitch where his head appears to look like his previous form's head.

Under certain circumstances, Pin can regain all of his health during a fight.

Conquest or the Headless Horseman may appear in place of a regular horsemen. The wrong splash screen is sometimes displayed before the fight, and instead of dropping a Pony, a Cube of Meat is dropped instead.

Last edited by Corpse Factory: 06-16-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
Ravescythe

Challenge 10 still seems locked I'm going to quick beat the game though to see if it unlocks cause I meet all the requirements but due to the buy maybe it just didn't register?
Ravescythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
slushtastic

I'm playing right now. Just found brimstone and is sadly not firing with the items I have on in this screenshot I see the animation of Maggie ready to attack but the Brimstone can't be seen nor monsters are affected when targeted.

Screenshot
slushtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
mandolore

The blue spikes do not disappear when re-entering a room.

Sometimes enemies like dople hugging a wall cant be hit by mega fetus
mandolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Corpse Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by slushtastic View Post
I'm playing right now. Just found brimstone and is sadly not firing with the items I have on in this screenshot I see the animation of Maggie ready to attack but the Brimstone can't be seen nor monsters are affected when targeted.

Screenshot
Is that item next to Brimstone Ipecac? Perhaps Brimstone's charge time has just been increased, and not disabled?

Have you tried holding down the button for a long while?
Corpse Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
rchandra

I just beat the Cathedral with Maggy, no unlock or achievement. Had gotten those for Isaac/Samson pre-1.2.
rchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Corpse Factory

I've found one that I believe is left over from 1.15.

Occasionally, if an enemy / poop / fire has a drop, let's say a penny, it will appear in the upper left hand corner of the room, and not where they were destroyed.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
DblFine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse Factory View Post
Is that item next to Brimstone Ipecac? Perhaps Brimstone's charge time has just been increased, and not disabled?

Have you tried holding down the button for a long while?
thats chemical peel
DblFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #9
ryangbagame

Did v1.2 fix the bug of 88/89?
ryangbagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #10
Garuta

Samson isn't spawning with a soul heart for me. That's noteworthy. Also the Book of Sin won't unlock no matter what I do. I don't know if that's a rare bug or what, but I've seen others with the same issue.
Garuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #11
BlazeFireMaster

There are still a few items (At least) that have the text go off the bottom corner of the screen. Harlequin baby is one.
BlazeFireMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #12
CyZardo

I can confirm that the item "Brimstone" is broken and won't allow you to fire anymore.

And Samson's fire rate seems to be a bit worse now.
CyZardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #13
Corpse Factory

I've just confirmed that beating the game still does not unlock Ending 12 and Challenge 10 for those of us who still had this problem from the previous patch.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #14
Phoenix210

I just bought a Devil Room item for 2 normal hearts while having only soul hearts.
I lost all my soul hearts (4) , leaving 0 health.

(item was the broken Brimstone)
Phoenix210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #15
progger1986

Can confirm brimestorm not working (was playing challange 5 "Lord of the flies", buyed Brimestorm, but it does not fire)
progger1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The