Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
brother red

vintage. shortstop?

EDIT!
I have heard that terabyte/ the director got "robbed" of everything he had, can someone please tell me if this was true, (he know posses everything he once had so the items seems to be back

I have seen alot of people selling so called "full vintage sets" or "full vintage WEAPONS set", the weapon one is more common, but in most cases you will see in the description "not having the 3 overpriced" and what they mean is that they have a full set, execpt the expenisve ones, (fan O' war, concheror and big kill) and so it exists 50 vintage weapons and most full sets have 47, I am fine with this, but I was doing my randoom daily randomness and stumbled upon a vintage shortstop, yes you are seing correct and if you think this is just some tf2items stuff check his steam inventory. Why is this not known! Why doesn't people say except the 4 over priced? cause I don't think they know, but now they will

This fellow also have a vintage: lumbricus lid, companion cube pin, medal, scarp, reclaimed metal, refined metal, alien swarm parasite, gastlieriest gibus, spy- medic- pyro- heavy- sniper- scout- pda2 token, max's head, big kill, lvl 50 community sprakle lugermorph, earbuds, bill's hat, he also have a selfmade key, a backpack expender with 2 uses, and a lvl 100 ebenzer.

DO NOT spam that he cheated before you get your facts straight, he have a very long comment a bit down where he explains how the case is, I can not be 100% sure he is telling the truth but I am a man that wants to believe what people say, so I will, I will believe that he told us the truth. But we can all agree that he has a remarkable
, stunning and simply unbelievable backpack

TL;DR

vintage shortstop

Last edited by brother red: 06-29-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Slipknot3711

He has the only one I know have you checked his full bp. He has vintage everything scrap, max, big kill, buds.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Setlet

Steam Support used to grant you items back if you accidentally deleted them by giving a Vintage version of it. No one knows why and at least I thought they stopped it a long time ago.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
brother red

I know the story, I know why all the "should not be vintage" vintages are vintage (was that hard to understand?) I just thought I could share that this exsicts
Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
GmanSir

Look at all the stuff he has, my guess is he most likely did the "deleting" on purpose.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Hegepenser

..That guy also has selfmade mann co key.

I think thats more shocking than the vintages
Old 06-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Kayohgee

Damn. I'd really like to get my hands on that.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Lythiium

His whole backpack reaks of suspision.
Nevermind the whole steam support being stupid, and returning items in a vintage conodition.

I mean:
A Vintage Service Medal
Vintage tokens
Vintage promos (Buds, Big Kill, Max's, Bill's, Parasite, Companion Cube)
Vintage Gibus
Vintage Luger... With community sparkle
A Self made Mann Co. Key
Backpack expander, with 2 uses
Plus, I find it hard to believe someone has every hat in exsitence, in the highest quality available. (Excluding unusual)
And every strange item, with exactly 10,000 kills. (except bottle onwards)

If this is all just steam support's fault, they really should just change the rules to "You deleted your item? Tough, your own stupid fault". Because, quite frankly, it is.

Last edited by Lythiium: 06-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Pröme

Banned
That guy probably made the first and only item hack of all time, and used it for himself in a clever way.

Also what's with "timed drop" on his vintage metal?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Dave Lopo

I've always wondered who this guy is. He's either extremely wealthy, a professional at exploiting, or both. Could possibly be the personal account of a high-up developer or something of the sort, though I doubt that.

As for items like this which should not exist, I don't give much thought to them. Only those who are extremely wealthy are ever going to get their hands on them, and, as in this case, there's little chance that any of this is leaving this collector's inventory.

Last edited by Dave Lopo: 06-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
dshin923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lopo View Post
I've always wondered who this guy is. He's either extremely wealthy, a professional at exploiting, or both. Could possibly be the personal account of a high-up developer or something of the sort.

As for items like this which should not exist, I don't give much thought to them. Only those who are extremely wealthy are ever going to get their hands on them, and, as in this case, there's little chance that any of this is leaving this collector's inventory.
I know this guy.

If any of you know L.o.c.k.e.r.z. (Why is is censored...?), he was a famous guy on the TalkPrizes forum. He was an intense coder who won tons of stuff on L0ckerz. I mean like, he won a few TV's, and a few thousand bucks with no effort.

Basically long story short: he can code pretty well and he likes exploiting things a lot.

Last edited by dshin923: 06-09-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
TerabyteUK

Hi all,
The Director here.

I'm going to sum this up very quickly, and as you're reading, I'd like you to imagine that Dr. Cox from scrubs is reading this, mostly because that's the voice I had in mind when I was writing it.

I want to tackle 2 main aspects which have been bugging me recently. Personally I could write an essay on community stupidity, selfishness and greed, but I have a plane to catch and would rather iron my hankies than waste my time on a minority of idiots that seem oh so vocal in this forum.

1) The legitimacy of my backpack.
2) The inability of people, especially SPUF members to recognise that long term trading (trading since before many of you so far even had SPUF accounts), gets results, and that talk of "hax" "works for valve" and other stuff is just bull.

Every item in my backpack has been obtained via trading, that trading has occured since the first day trading was implemented; my vintage weapons collection was complete on day 1.

Valve have never granted a single item to me. Period.

2 years is a long time in trading.

I only have 35 items which are unusually vintage.
That's 730 days across 35 items.
That's 24 days, almost a lunar month to obtain these items. And most of them come in 'batches' (sam and max are found as pairs, tokens etc).

Many people try to check the history of these items and find me as the first owner, and presume this implies I created them.
These idiots are the same people who think that item history is some global thing, when in fact the only item histories available are internal ones on tf2items and tf2oupost, they are not authoratative since they require observation of the items, and they are not centrally sourced. Item histories are only as good as the observations made by the site you're querying.

Wants proof?
Take an item in your backpack, now give it to a friend, now have him give it back to you. Check tf2items.com and tf2outpost.com for the item's history making sure you didn't check it during the trade. Do you see it? No, and neither did any of those sites. History is a complete history of what those sites saw. My backpack is regularly hit on these sites, so it's very difficult for something to move without it being seen. But that doesn't mean that every move is visible.

Item origins.
The items themselves are a result of a glitch which can no longer be triggered. That means that all the vintage items that are out there are a fixed quantity, and that number will never increase, and the items in my backpack have always been out there. They've just never been observed (private backpacks etc).
However the original vintage glitch used to be executed in one of the following two ways:
-Valve re-issuing items that have been deleted (They don't undelete items anymore ever, and when they do issue items because their system broke, they do not issue them in vintage).
-The mannco economy turnover glitch (details of which are unknown) that resulted in several items being turned vintage without any interaction (deletion etc) from the user.

How I end up with all of them
One of the most amazing things about climbing up the trading ladder is that the further up you go, the easier it is to find items. People tip you off, people let you know what they've found, people find cool items and then try to sell them back to you at 3-4x the price knowing that they have 'a one of a kind' item and knowing that your collection is only "nearly complete" without it.

Let me say it again, people are the primary source of my items, by definition because they're traded, but the primary form is what you call 'tip offs' "x is trading y on z" "found x in this backpack, might interest you" "how much x would you give for this item i picked up". Every day, over 20 people grace my invites list with their presence, most of them stopping to say "hello, nice backpack", others stop by to tell me that their mate has some cool item and would I be interested in trading for it, and do they get a finder's fee.

People People People.

See not being an to people when trading has its advantages. People start to like you, you make friends, you network. Instead of haggling over the price of keys being 2.4 or 2.4 + 1 crate, why don't you try giving people the prices they want, half of trading is people and if you're a to people they won't deal with you, and if you're nice to people, not only will they deal with you, but they will help you with whatever venture you currently have whether that be "I want to fill my backpack with parasites" or "I want every craft #69 hat ever".

People on my friends list spend more time on forums like this and trade servers than I could ever do. Just having 5 people looking out for my interests means 5x the coverage and scope than I could ever hope to achieve.

And for getting those items that nobody knows about.
Google Google Google.

And I don't mean just putting "vintage shortstop" into google, because, for a start it's "Vintage The Shortstop".

Google is a powerful technology, most people don't appreciate just how far that motherer reaches and what it knows about the TF2 universe.

So there we have it, people and google.

You must be rich
As for my job, I write code for the city, I'm paid like a king and enjoy spending my money on virtual items since they linger for slightly longer than most alchoholic beverages, and cause me to meet far more interesting people than the local slapper bars.

Stop calling valve to complain about my items. Their support resources are stretched enough already without having a bunch of teenagers calling to complain that their 3 weeks of intense trading on mario kart servers has resulted in nothing but scrap banking and a new penchant for masturbation.

In short let me bust some myths.
There have only been a couple of exploits which have been user actionable.
1) Item duplication - which I have never participated in, you can be sure of this because my account has never been trade banned or put on probation.
2) Not-craftable watermark removal - an exploit which allowed store purchased items to lose their "non craftable" watermark by trading normally over steam during a 10 hour window period shortly after the halloween update
3) The level 0 bat exploit - i've no idea how this is done, and it's too ing stupid and for me to care.

My point is, and you just might want to jot this down and tell all your friends who follow, I've never taken advantage of any exploit, none of the items in my backpack are the result of any exploit, every single vintage in my backpack has been in existance for the last 2 years, and none of them are freshly created. I have built a reputation for good prices (at my own expense), honesty, transparency, and being an all round nice guy to do business with. It's a shame that people who've racked up less than 200 hours trade time on mario kart servers, don't understand how trading works feel the need to shoot their mouths off armchair trader style without even having spoken to me about my items.

And now for some fun (this is where I stop being nice and start being blunt):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythiium View Post
His whole backpack reaks of suspision.
Nevermind the whole steam support being stupid, and returning items in a vintage conodition.

I mean:
A Vintage Service Medal
Vintage tokens
Vintage promos (Buds, Big Kill, Max's, Bill's, Parasite, Companion Cube)
Vintage Gibus
Vintage Luger... With community sparkle
A Self made Mann Co. Key
Backpack expander, with 2 uses
Plus, I find it hard to believe someone has every hat in exsitence, in the highest quality available. (Excluding unusual)
Yes and I expect you believe in UFO's/"jews did 911"/jesus too, because the scientific alternative is hard to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegepenser View Post
..That guy also has selfmade mann co key.

I think thats more shocking than the vintages
The self made key belongs to hammond, he didn't want it anymore, so I'm looking after it. I think 'shocking' is the wrong adjective, I believe honor is a better word, It's an honour to be looking after the key belonging to the maker of the spycycle, but shocking? never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setlet View Post
Steam Support used to grant you items back if you accidentally deleted them by giving a Vintage version of it. No one knows why and at least I thought they stopped it a long time ago.
Yes they did, the exploit was patched, and further to that valve no longer issue items if you accidentally delete yours. As I say, none of the vintage items in my backpack are anything new. They have been around about 24 hours longer than I have been trading (2 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanSir View Post
Look at all the stuff he has, my guess is he most likely did the "deleting" on purpose.
And my guess, Sir, is that you are most likely an idiot.

Last edited by TerabyteUK: 06-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
ThePootisCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerabyteUK View Post
Hi all,
The Director here.

I'm going to sum this up very quickly, and I want to tackle 2 main aspects which have been bugging me recently. Personally I could write an essay on community stupidity, selfishness and greed, but I have a plane to catch and would rather iron my hankies than waste my time on a minority of idiots that seem oh so vocal in this forum.

1) The legitimacy of my backpack.
2) The inability of people, especially SPUF members to recognise that long term trading (trading since before many of you so far even had SPUF accounts), gets results, and that talk of "hax" "works for valve" and other stuff is just bull.

Every item in my backpack has been obtained via trading, that trading has occured since the first day trading was implemented; my vintage weapons collection was complete on day 1.

Valve have never granted a single item to me. Period.

2 years is a long time in trading.

I only have 35 items which are unusually vintage.
That's 730 days across 35 items.
That's 24 days, almost a lunar month to obtain these items. And most of them come in 'batches' (sam and max are found as pairs, tokens etc).

Many people try to check the history of these items and find me as the first owner, and presume this implies I created them.
These idiots are the same people who think that item history is some global thing, when in fact the only item histories available are internal ones on tf2items and tf2oupost, they are not authoratative since they require observation of the items, and they are not centrally sourced. Item histories are only as good as the observations made by the site you're querying.

Wants proof?
Take an item in your backpack, now give it to a friend, now have him give it back to you. Check tf2items.com and tf2outpost.com for the item's history making sure you didn't check it during the trade. Do you see it? No, and neither did any of those sites. History is a complete history of what those sites saw. My backpack is regularly hit on these sites, so it's very difficult for something to move without it being seen. But that doesn't mean that every move is visible.

Item origins.
The items themselves are a result of a glitch which can no longer be triggered. That means that all the vintage items that are out there are a fixed quantity, and that number will never increase, and the items in my backpack have always been out there. They've just never been observed (private backpacks etc).
However the original vintage glitch used to be executed in one of the following two ways:
-Valve re-issuing items that have been deleted (They don't undelete items anymore ever, and when they do issue items because their system broke, they do not issue them in vintage).
-The mannco economy turnover glitch (details of which are unknown) that resulted in several items being turned vintage without any interaction (deletion etc) from the user.

How I end up with all of them
One of the most amazing things about climbing up the trading ladder is that the further up you go, the easier it is to find items. People tip you off, people let you know what they've found, people find cool items and then try to sell them back to you at 3-4x the price knowing that they have 'a one of a kind' item and knowing that your collection is only "nearly complete" without it.

Let me say it again, people are the primary source of my items, by definition because they're traded, but the primary form is what you call 'tip offs' "x is trading y on z" "found x in this backpack, might interest you" "how much x would you give for this item i picked up". Every day, over 20 people grace my invites list with their presence, most of them stopping to say "hello, nice backpack", others stop by to tell me that their mate has some cool item and would I be interested in trading for it, and do they get a finder's fee.

People People People.

See not being an to people when trading has its advantages. People start to like you, you make friends, you network. Instead of haggling over the price of keys being 2.4 or 2.4 + 1 crate, why don't you try giving people the prices they want, half of trading is people and if you're a to people they won't deal with you, and if you're nice to people, not only will they deal with you, but they will help you with whatever venture you currently have whether that be "I want to fill my backpack with parasites" or "I want every craft #69 hat ever".

People on my friends list spend more time on forums like this and trade servers than I could ever do. Just having 5 people looking out for my interests means 5x the coverage and scope than I could ever hope to achieve.

And for getting those items that nobody knows about.
Google Google Google.

And I don't mean just putting "vintage shortstop" into google, because, for a start it's "Vintage The Shortstop".

Google is a powerful technology, most people don't appreciate just how far that motherer reaches and what it knows about the TF2 universe.

So there we have it, people and google.

You must be rich
As for my job, I write code for the city, I'm paid like a king and enjoy spending my money on virtual items since they linger for slightly longer than most alchoholic beverages, and cause me to meet far more interesting people than the local slapper bars.

Stop calling valve to complain about my items. Their support resources are stretched enough already without having a bunch of teenagers calling to complain that their 3 weeks of intense trading on mario kart servers has resulted in nothing but scrap banking and a new penchant for masturbation.

In short let me bust some myths.
There have only been a couple of exploits which have been user actionable.
1) Item duplication - which I have never participated in, you can be sure of this because my account has never been trade banned or put on probation.
2) Not-craftable watermark removal - an exploit which allowed store purchased items to lose their "non craftable" watermark by trading normally over steam during a 10 hour window period shortly after the halloween update
3) The level 0 bat exploit - i've no idea how this is done, and it's too ing stupid and for me to care.

My point is, and you just might want to jot this down and tell all your friends who follow, I've never taken advantage of any exploit, none of the items in my backpack are the result of any exploit, every single vintage in my backpack has been in existance for the last 2 years, and none of them are freshly created. I have built a reputation for good prices (at my own expense), honesty, transparency, and being an all round nice guy to do business with. It's a shame that people who've racked up less than 200 hours trade time on mario kart servers, don't understand how trading works feel the need to shoot their mouths off armchair trader style without even having spoken to me about my items.

And now for some fun:

Yes and I expect you believe in UFO's/"jews did 911"/jesus too, because the scientific alternative is hard to believe.

The self made key belongs to hammond, he didn't want it anymore, so I'm looking after it. It's an honour to be looking after the key belonging to the maker of the spycycle, however it is not shocking.

Yes they did, the exploit was patched, and further to that valve no longer issue items if you accidentally delete yours. As I say, none of the vintage items in my backpack are anything new. They have been around about 24 hours longer than I have been trading (2 years)
Whoa, you actually seem quite nice now that I've read your side of the story! It's been nagging at me for a while, but now I know what happened with the items... Thanks for clarifying kind sir! Hopefully more people read this and realize what they have speculated is totally wrong.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
SarcasmThird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerabyteUK View Post
snip
I was expecting him to say he crafted the items when the crafting blueprints were expensive.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
TerabyteUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasmThird View Post
I was expecting him to say he crafted the items when the crafting blueprints were expensive.
I've always been a skin flint when it comes to crafting weapons.
For the shogun update, I had the theory "why craft weapons, when they're going to drop for me over the next week anyway?"

That turned out to be rather an expensive philosphy when I ended up paying 4 buds (back when they were $20) for a vintage conchero, and 2 buds for a fan of war.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2