Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
steelblade5858

Ragdolls & Bleedout What happened?

Alright so, this has been brought up a few times before (once by me again) and I feel the need to bring it up again. What happened to the Ragdolls and bleedout? I mean for what reason did they disable these things? I have thought about this for awhile and could only think of a few reasons why they would disable these things, some of them silly.

1. To test something in particular. (Most likely... Hopefully)
What do they need to test that requires ragdolls and bleedout to be turned off completely? To make more heat maps? That can't be it because if I recall correctly, the first heat map of train that I saw was when ragdoll and bleedout was turned on.

2. To please the 1.6 crowd.
Really? That certainly cannot be the reason, and if it is that is just so incredibly silly it makes me lose all faith in Valve and HPE.

3. To make the game not feel like L4D CS.
I remember seeing this same bleedout effect in L4D2 when one of the survivors died. I don't see how this is a problem though, even if it is the exact same animation effect in L4D I see no reason to disable it when they could just rework the effect all together to have a more randomized bleedout effect. But then again this is just the bleedout and not the ragdoll.

I really cannot think of any other reasons to why they disabled these awesome features. If they did just remove them temporary and this post is all for not, than good. But if they intend to keep these features out of the game I hope someone from Valve reads this and realizes what they did and re-enables them, tells us why they temporary disabled them, or at least gives a justification on why they disabled these things.

--------------------------------------------------------

A couple Good Reasons to re-enable Bleedout and Ragdoll.

1. Bleedout adds more to the game.
When I first got into the CS:GO beta this was the most unique thing I found about it. The bleedout actually added some 'tacticalness' to the game, a fresh body that was recently killed bled out, informing everyone who could visually see the body that this person was recently killed. And after awhile, the pool of blood around the body disappeared indicating that it was no longer a recently deceased body. I thought this was the coolest thing, I dont know about you guys... but I loved watching the blood flow from my enemy's body as he laid on the ground, drawing his last breathe..

2. Ragdolls Are FUN and add Realism
I think we all have ran up to a body in CSS and littered it with bullets just to watch it jerk around on the floor, this alone adds gameplay . When someone dies, they ragdoll completely(unless of course they get death twitches but that's another story that the Zeus takes care of this pretty well) leaving their body limp. Also most modern games have ragdolls, this is not anything new. Its been around for along time now, and a new game like CS:GO should definitely have them.

3. Bleedout+Ragdolls= Fun, 'Tacticalness', and Realism.
Nuff Said.
----------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? Can you think of any other reason in particular why Valve disabled these things? Do you think they will re-enable them? And if they are testing something in particular what could it be?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote to Bring it Back Bleedout!!! http://64bitvps.com/csgo/ticket/blee...d-be-re-added/

Vote to Bring Back Post-Death Ragdolls!!!
http://64bitvps.com/csgo/ticket/brin...eath-ragdolls/

Last edited by steelblade5858: 09-18-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Warboss Choppa

I love the bleedout, it helped to see on the Source engine if you hit someone rather than looking for blood decals.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Roessler89

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited by Roessler89: 06-09-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: All good :)
Roessler89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
steelblade5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss Choppa View Post
I love the bleedout, it helped to see on the Source engine if you hit someone rather than looking for blood decals.
I think your thinking about the literal blood spewing from your person when you get hit, which is awesome don't get me wrong. But I am talking about about the pool of blood that would form around the body after you killed someone.
steelblade5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
En Ex

I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing and both will be reenabled soon.
En Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
steelblade5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roessler89 View Post
Mate, I really hope you're not talking about the herbal incense. I am currently having massive troubles with this, please do not use this substance. It is much, MUCH worse for you than the real stuff.

Sorry to be off topic, but I saw that and thought I really needed to say something.
LOL No... lol
I was referring to the fact after you kill someone with the Zeus(tazer) ingame their body twitches slightly.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblade5858 View Post
I think your thinking about the literal blood spewing from your person when you get hit, which is awesome don't get me wrong. But I am talking about about the pool of blood that would form around the body after you killed someone.
Oh that, eh I don't care. Honestly as soon as possible I'll be running a Casey's Config for GO which will remove any bodies.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
Roessler89

Quote:
LOL No... lol
I was referring to the fact after you kill someone with the Zeus(tazer) ingame their body twitches slightly.
Oh good. I'm going to edit my other post, I don't really want to advertise my troubles
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
steelblade5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by En Ex View Post
I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing and both will be reenabled soon.
Same here, but I really can stop wondering why they would disable it to begin with.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
lakshay1995

Banned
Red face

Quote:
Alright so, this has been brought up a few times before (once by me again) and I feel the need to bring it up again. What happened to the Ragdolls and bleedout? I mean for what reason did they disable these things? I have thought about this for awhile and could only think of a few reasons why they would disable these things, some of them silly.

1. To test something in particular. (Most likely... Hopefully)
What do they need to test that requires ragdolls and bleedout to be turned off completely? To make more heat maps? That can't be it because if I recall correctly, the first heat map of train that I saw was when ragdoll and bleedout was turned on.

2. To please the 1.6 crowd.
Really? That certainly cannot be the reason, and if it is that is just so incredibly silly it makes me lose all faith in Valve and HPE.

3. To make the game not feel like L4D CS.
I remember seeing this same bleedout effect in L4D2 when one of the survivors died. I don't see how this is a problem though, even if it is the exact same animation effect in L4D I see no reason to disable it when they could just rework the effect all together to have a more randomized bleedout effect. But then again this is just the bleedout and not the ragdoll.

I really cannot think of any other reasons to why they disabled these awesome features. If they did just remove them temporary and this post is all for not, than good. But if they intend to keep these features out of the game I hope someone from Valve reads this and realizes what they did and re-enables them, tells us why they temporary disabled them, or at least gives a justification on why they disabled these things.

--------------------------------------------------------

A couple Good Reasons to re-enable Bleedout and Ragdoll.

When I first got into the CS:GO beta this was the most unique thing I found about it. The bleedout actually added some 'tacticalness' to the game, a fresh body that was recently killed bled out, informing everyone who could visually see the body that this person was recently killed. And after awhile, the pool of blood around the body disappeared indicating that it was no longer a recently deceased body. I thought this was the coolest thing, I dont know about you guys... but I loved watching the blood flow from my enemy's body as he laid on the ground, drawing his last breathe..

2. Ragdolls Are FUN and add Realism
I think we all have ran up to a body in CSS and littered it with bullets just to watch it jerk around on the floor, this alone adds gameplay . When someone dies, they ragdoll completely(unless of course they get death twitches but that's another story that the Zeus takes care of this pretty well) leaving their body limp. Also most modern games have ragdolls, this is not anything new. Its been around for along time now, and a new game like CS:GO should definitely have them.

3. Bleedout+Ragdolls= Fun, 'Tacticalness', and Realism.
Nuff Said.
----------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? Can you think of any other reason in particular why Valve disabled these things? Do you think they will re-enable them? And if they are testing something in particular what could it be?
This!
lakshay1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
jamesdooney

Banned
Quote:
When I first got into the CS:GO beta this was the most unique thing I found about it. The bleedout actually added some 'tacticalness' to the game, a fresh body that was recently killed bled out, informing everyone who could visually see the body that this person was recently killed. And after awhile, the pool of blood around the body disappeared indicating that it was no longer a recently deceased body. I thought this was the coolest thing, I dont know about you guys... but I loved watching the blood flow from my enemy's body as he laid on the ground, drawing his last breathe.
I don't really care if they add this to the casual game but it isn't really required in competitive play as you always know where your team is, hence you're going to know where they die and when.
jamesdooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
JimmyMcNulty

Chet said they were experimenting with a host of things atm, these can be added to the list.
JimmyMcNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #13
steelblade5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
Chet said they were experimenting with a host of things atm, these can be added to the list.
I hope so, I just wish they would inform us abit more about what exactly they're experimenting with.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
Wonderglue

I want this back. It seriously was one of those nice little things CS:GO had when i got the beta.
The bleedout effect should be longer tho, and it may have some problems with gungame/arsenal mode where people respawn quickly. But they could just make a trigger after 3 seconds or something.

Same goes for ragdolls. If nothing else, make this PC only if consoles have a problem with physics.
Wonderglue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #15
Roessler89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderglue View Post
I want this back. It seriously was one of those nice little things CS:GO had when i got the beta.
The bleedout effect should be longer tho, and it may have some problems with gungame/arsenal mode where people respawn quickly. But they could just make a trigger after 3 seconds or something.

Same goes for ragdolls. If nothing else, make this PC only if consoles have a problem with physics.
Fair point, probably shouldn't be added to Arsenal as the bodies would pile up. And there really isn't a purpose to it in Arsenal. In casual and competitive however it makes a lot more sense, as the scenario the OP described is quite accurate (see a dead body bleeding, you know someone is around). In competitive it probably wouldn't be as useful as you SHOULD be comming with your teammates, however in casual most people just play as individuals.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive