Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Krater

Old 06-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
MasterCrumble

Releasing a beta?

Howdy folks! I got the game a few days ago, and I had great fun with the preorder build. I'm in love with the style and the humor. I love the swedish-ness of it, with me being danish. It's all too familiar (also cheesy in a good way) !

I'm just wondering why the game is being released now, when all evidence points to it still being in beta? I would naturally prefer to play the most bug-free game as possible, and as the developers envisioned it.

The best of luck to the devs!

PS: I wish for an in-game Krater pet.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
raupi

You are free to wait for the release of Krater in two days and skip on the beta we are playing now, but i enjoy playing around for a bit in it

It's a nice gesture to let everyone who preordered play the beta and we get something in our hands while we await the release of a game that is shear awesomeness even in beta state.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
HugePinball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCrumble View Post
I'm just wondering why the game is being released now, when all evidence points to it still being in beta? I would naturally prefer to play the most bug-free game as possible, and as the developers envisioned it.
That's not uncommon for a self-published indie title. They may not have the budget to get the game fully polished before official release, but they have much more freedom and flexibility to continue active development, releasing patches, bug fixes, and content updates.

The game is already planned in three parts: the main release, and two following DLC episodes (paid), plus various free content throughout, so they've already committed to continuing support and development. By buying early, you're directly helping to support that process.

Here's one developer post touching on this: http://forums.fatshark.se/showthread...22666#pid22666

I'd suggest checking out the game site and official forums as well:
http://www.kratergame.com/
http://forums.fatshark.se/forumdisplay.php?fid=46
HugePinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
fatshark_mwd

Fatshark AB
The release will be a stable build. We want to add more content and campaigns over time. the game at launch will have between 30-50h ( a rough estimate ) of play time if you do the side quests.
fatshark_mwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Krater