Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Riztikhein

Banned
Red face Gmod crashes when joining servers

Hey guys!

I have a problem joining Gmod servers. It happens with roleplay only. I'm sure a lot of people have this bug and are as angry as me. I want to know if the problem is because Garry or Valve or whoever hasn't fixed a bug or it is because I must do something to fix this. I've tried verify integrity of game cache, defragment cache files, re-installing Gmod, restarting Steam - No Freekin' thing has changed, still crashes.

Well, the good thing is that sometimes I can play roleplay. But I don't know why. It usually happens when I've been playing on singleplayer and on my friend's multiplayer server (non-roleplay).

The worst thing about this thing is that I don't exactly know what is the bug and how to fix this. If you have the same problem and know a fix then please write about it here. It seems like Garry or Valve or whoever (I don't know whose problem it is) is working on it, I checked Gmod homepage.

So yeah, I hope there will be a fix. I really need one, and I'm sure over 9000 people need it too.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Zekiran

You're only one person, I don't see 9000 others joining in this chorus.

Have you checked your router and wireless settings? Have you got everything that the server needs? Were you able to play with that rig, on that server, before now? What has changed since then on your side? I know every time Gmod updates, it DOES break something, so this might just be a temporary issue that will be resolved soon enough. I'd suggest patience, ask around with the people who also play that server if they are having issues. Ask the server admin if they're fully updated or if there's a broken item causing a problem.

Don't assume others have the problem, and if they do, encourage them to hit facepunch with their queries... we really don't get much official action here, so it's kind of bare. :/
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Explosive_Lemon

Uninstall G-Mod from Steam, then go in your /SteamApps folder, /*username* and delete garry's mod. Then, reinstall G-Mod. Make a backup of your "SAVE" folder in "garry's mod".
Explosive_Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Riztikhein

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosive_Lemon View Post
Uninstall G-Mod from Steam, then go in your /SteamApps folder, /*username* and delete garry's mod. Then, reinstall G-Mod. Make a backup of your "SAVE" folder in "garry's mod".
Will it help?
Riztikhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
Explosive_Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riztikhein View Post
Will it help?
It's basically a clean reinstall of the game : it will delete mods and downloads but you'll get to redownload RP clean-ly
Explosive_Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod