Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Old 06-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
BlackMambo

I need Suggestions about Purchasing LoG

Hi all,
like the title says i'm stuck between buying LoG right now or wait an upcoming sale...on the official forum i've read about the releasing of the editor so i thought that maybe the game will go on sale, but since may, there were no more info related to the editor...also the summer sale is incoming...
What should i do? buy the game now because the extra money worth the unknown wait or wait the next (god knows when) sale?
TNX
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Chewy1.2

Depends if you like the stye of game. For $15 Id say go for it now, but I one that LOVES this stye of game.

If you like dungeon crawlers where you have to think then you will like LOG. Can't say more than that seeing how I know almost nothing about what games you like or play.
Chewy1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
BlackMambo

tnx for reply,
since i bought dungeons of dredmor and binding of isaac i've fallen in love with rogue-lke and dungeons themed/loot fest games...so when i asked if buy LoG now or wait, already knew that the game would blown my mind...my doubts were for buying somenthing that i'll see at 50% or 75% off within few weeks...but i'll take the risk since i've bought it few minutes ago (hope to not regret it)...now can't wait for the editor and the user made contents (in this case what i've paid today will be an investment for tomorrow)...

PS:hope i've write everything correctly and understandable...
BlackMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambo View Post
Hi all,
like the title says i'm stuck between buying LoG right now or wait an upcoming sale...on the official forum i've read about the releasing of the editor so i thought that maybe the game will go on sale, but since may, there were no more info related to the editor...also the summer sale is incoming...
What should i do? buy the game now because the extra money worth the unknown wait or wait the next (god knows when) sale?
TNX
Just buy it and be done with the indecision. Its a good game that's worth every penny.
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
BlackMambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nomad View Post
Just buy it and be done with the indecision. Its a good game that's worth every penny.
tnx 4 the reply man,
but my concerns were not related to the game's quality (and the more i play the more i think that this game has plenty of it) but instead were for pay 11 euros today and see the game at 50% tomorow...but you know what? i don't mind, i feel like a stealer also for paying the full price...this game is superb! and i've never played neither Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder...it's just great! the atmosphere, the secrets, the combat, everything...can't wait for the editor...

PS: as a side note, are there any "modern" games like this?
BlackMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Chewy1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambo View Post
tnx 4 the reply man,
but my concerns were not related to the game's quality (and the more i play the more i think that this game has plenty of it) but instead were for pay 11 euros today and see the game at 50% tomorow...but you know what? i don't mind, i feel like a stealer also for paying the full price...this game is superb! and i've never played neither Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder...it's just great! the atmosphere, the secrets, the combat, everything...can't wait for the editor...

PS: as a side note, are there any "modern" games like this?
The only game I can think of is King's Field. And that was on the PS1. Dungeon Crawlers have died out since the 90s as far as I know of. Back when they where on floppy disks.
Chewy1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
MrFreeman

This is a "modern" game like this really. A modern take on an old format.

Get it, I loved it and am just waiting for more content to sink some time in to it again. That being said with the summer sale not too far away could be a chance to go on sale.
MrFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock