Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings Online, The

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
emperorjulian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 73
Server Population for each realm

Hello i thought id make a list and give some stats for each server and its population.

Great Britain

Germany

France

America

But remember EU EN-RP Laurelin is the one to join ;P
emperorjulian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Comstrike
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorjulian View Post
Hello i thought id make a list and give some stats for each server and its population.

Great Britain

Germany

France

America

But remember EU EN-RP Laurelin is the one to join ;P
lol, or Landroval! That said, I suggest visiting and joining the real LOTRO forums. Some folks, like myself, are coming over here since we happened to have Steam, and already play LOTRO. The real expertise and insights are at Turbine's site. You'll get some good advice here, surely, but not as much as you will there.

Also, you can find a lot of solid guild (Kinships as they are known in LOTRO,) at the official forums, which I'm learning isn't allowed in the Steam "community."
Comstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
insaneshadow
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 57
So I should join Laurelin? I'm in the U.S though and I'm not big on role playing ._.

There was...this one time it went wrong. My legs will never be the same again!
insaneshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Comstrike
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneshadow View Post
So I should join Laurelin? I'm in the U.S though and I'm not big on role playing ._.

There was...this one time it went wrong. My legs will never be the same again!
Well Laurelin remains a mainly UK server in the Eurozone, and a fine one. It has the RP tag since Codemasters handled things at launch and such tags were not used for the US based servers.

However all servers are now hosted in the U.S. Landroval does not have the "extra" designation as an RP server, rather it is called "Role Play Encouraged." Likewise, although RP is both common and highly welcomed, it is a more wide-open server in spirit and activity. You'll find raiding there, as much or more than most servers.

I looked at the charts, and though I respect the work, I don't know that I'd agree with the exact breakdown of populations. Most would tell folks that Brandywine is the largest, and arguably the "anti-RP" server, in terms of folks being focused on raiding/instances, etc. Landroval and "Big E" come in at second and third.
Comstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
leezeebub
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 84
Posts: 510
I'm on windfola and live in the UK, windfola wasn't on the chart though... >_< Did you just do the ones with highest pop?
leezeebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #6
emperorjulian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezeebub View Post
I'm on windfola and live in the UK, windfola wasn't on the chart though... >_< Did you just do the ones with highest pop?
Sorry to say but it is... you're playing on an american timezone server lol check the american chart, 9% pop.
emperorjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
leezeebub
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 84
Posts: 510
Oh yeah lol, Damn it why was Windfola reccomended when I started the game?!

Think it's worth scrapping my two characters and coming over to a Brit server? Have a level 13 elf guardian and level 8 woman hunter.
leezeebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
emperorjulian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezeebub View Post
Oh yeah lol, Damn it why was Windfola reccomended when I started the game?!

Think it's worth scrapping my two characters and coming over to a Brit server? Have a level 13 elf guardian and level 8 woman hunter.
Well it takes only a few hours to get to lv 10 so i would say yes or in the future you will be very disapointed. a few hours is worth it compaired to an endgame with 10 players online.

If you are looking for an roleplaying server with fun events and a friendly community where there are no silly names and people who love the lotr lore join Laurelin.

If you just want a normal server join snowbourn.

They are both the 2 biggest pop servers, laurelin has quite a few americans though due to the rp aspect therefore giving it more population across the board at all times not just EU time. in late nights there are more people online, good for if you play late and still want to do things

Last edited by emperorjulian: 06-13-2012 at 06:02 AM.
emperorjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #9
leezeebub
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 84
Posts: 510
That sounds fun but exactly how strict is the role playing aspect, will I have to be typing in Ye Olde English and stuff?

Hmm now I have the tough decision of wether or not to roll the same classes or start completely afresh lol..... Really enjoying my hunter though '~'
leezeebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #10
emperorjulian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezeebub View Post
That sounds fun but exactly how strict is the role playing aspect, will I have to be typing in Ye Olde English and stuff?

Hmm now I have the tough decision of wether or not to roll the same classes or start completely afresh lol..... Really enjoying my hunter though '~'
Basically it means you have to have a proper rp name so not ballsdeep lol something like Boromir or Legolas style oc not them they are main names heh but a rp name, and if you're in a city with roleplayers around ( their names will be white with /rp on ) then dont type in /say rl things. there ar enone rp kins or light rp kins and you ar enot forced to basically just in local /say chat rp other chat like global you dont have to rp. a lot of player son rp servers dont rp they come here for a more mature better community.
emperorjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
leezeebub
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 84
Posts: 510
Sweet I already play like that anyway so sounds even better now

I will be on there late tonight, or tomorrow evening, so look out for a female elf hunter called Leezania :P
leezeebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
Darth Bane
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 43
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezeebub View Post
Sweet I already play like that anyway so sounds even better now

I will be on there late tonight, or tomorrow evening, so look out for a female elf hunter called Leezania :P
Unfortunately, that is not an Elf name and it will be force-changed if you play on a RP server.
Darth Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #13
emperorjulian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bane View Post
Unfortunately, that is not an Elf name and it will be force-changed if you play on a RP server.
No it wont, im roleplaying a rohirim but my name is a female woman gondorian name ( i made it by mistake ) and i explained this to a gm and it sounds rp and it not breaking rules so they will not change it for free. so no his name will be fine they wont change it, go make an elf with a rohirim name and they wont change it.
emperorjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
Darth Bane
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 43
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorjulian View Post
No it wont, im roleplaying a rohirim but my name is a female woman gondorian name ( i made it by mistake ) and i explained this to a gm and it sounds rp and it not breaking rules so they will not change it for free. so no his name will be fine they wont change it, go make an elf with a rohirim name and they wont change it.
Then I fail to see the usefulness of naming policy on the RP server. If they enforce a strict naming policy, it should be 100% strict, not just partially.
Darth Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
emperorjulian
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bane View Post
Then I fail to see the usefulness of naming policy on the RP server.
Nothing says an elven mother and human farther could not name a child a different name, an rp name is an rp name. bigballs, cheesefest, moneysausage, rainbowlive... fail to see this ? really you fail to see this ? An RP name is a name that none nob sacks dont pick like the stated above names, an RP name is a name that sound somewhat normal or realistic to the world.

Leezania may not be a true elven name but its not breaking immersion like poonurface does, could be a haradrim name or something from an ancient bloodline when the elves met with them who knows.

Last edited by emperorjulian: 06-13-2012 at 08:52 AM.
emperorjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings Online, The


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.