Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Blind_Sniper_

Delphine doesn't allow to continue quest

In before someone says there's a thread on this. There are a couple, and they both lead to dead ends.

*SPOILER ALERT FOR EARLY MAIN QUEST*

I got to where you get the note to get the "attic room." However, she doesn't give me the option to continue the main quest like I've done many times before.

I've even advanced the quest with the console, gave myself the horn, and 3rd Unrelenting force shout. However, the next quest won't start, even trying to force it with the console, so Delphine will YET AGAIN not talk to me. Resetting the quest doesn't seem to work, either.

So is my time wasted or is there some other method of getting the main quest to un-break?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Sajuukkhar

Tell me do you have the unofficial skyrim patch?

Skyrim's 1.6 patch introduced a new thing were any mod that alters vanilla dialog caused the dialog to break.

If you are using the unofficial skyrim patch it may be the dialog is broken.
Sajuukkhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Blind_Sniper_

Thanks for the advice, though I don't have the unofficial patch.

I have somewhere between 30 and 40 mods, though none of them advertise a change in dialogue to my knowledge.
Blind_Sniper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
bobczes

getstage MQ105Ustengrav

getstage MQ106

Try entering both of these separately in the console. Tell me what you come up with and maybe I can help you move this along.
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Blind_Sniper_

Thank you bob.

It's 20 and 0 respectively. In an experiment that I didn't save, I pushed it from 30 through 60, which ends the questline. Each push also involved broken interactions.

At that point I couldn't even start mq106 with startquest mq106 or setstage mq106(10) or any variation, and Delphine still thought of me as a stranger.

Last edited by Blind_Sniper_: 06-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
bobczes

I'm going to say check out this page. You wrote that you gave yourself the Horn and perhaps there are some triggers you missed along the way. Specifically there is a note you should have retrieved.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_...gen_Windcaller
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Blind_Sniper_

Yup, I've checked the site, that's how I knew what to put in the console.

I got that note by doing the quest. Though when I went to the Inn, she didn't respond. It was at that point that I started experimenting with the console.

I should have noted that mq105 20 is my saved state, and that pushing through to the end of it was just in an experiment that I didn't save.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
bobczes

Did you actually read the note?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Nakia

I have to ask this. When you went to the inn and asked for the attic room did she tell there was no attic room but you could have the one on the left?
If she did did you take the room and then go inside it?
Nakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Blind_Sniper_

I did, I'm not sure you can pick it up without reading it.

After discovering the bug, I even made sure I had it on me while I talked to her.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
bobczes

You must actually open it and read it.

If that doesn't trigger something try sleeping in the room for an hour or so.

"The note sends you to the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood. Talk to Delphine (who you may have met for the first time in Farengar's quarters in Dragonsreach) and ask for the attic room. She will tell you that they don't have an attic room, but to take the room on the left. Go into the room. If Delphine does not immediately enter the room, sleep for a few hours. Delphine will then be there waiting to talk to you."
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Blind_Sniper_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakia View Post
I have to ask this. When you went to the inn and asked for the attic room did she tell there was no attic room but you could have the one on the left?
If she did did you take the room and then go inside it?
Nope, this time there's only 1 option where I can rent a normal room, where she doesn't follow me.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Blind_Sniper_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobczes View Post
You must actually open it and read it.

If that doesn't trigger something try sleeping in the room for an hour or so.

"The note sends you to the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood. Talk to Delphine (who you may have met for the first time in Farengar's quarters in Dragonsreach) and ask for the attic room. She will tell you that they don't have an attic room, but to take the room on the left. Go into the room. If Delphine does not immediately enter the room, sleep for a few hours. Delphine will then be there waiting to talk to you."
I also opened it and read it a few times just in case. I slept in the room for a few days and tried seeing if things would clear up. I also attacked her and did a few other things to see if she'd "reset".
Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
bobczes

If you still have the horn, I would use the console and get rid of it.

Then maybe try just this.

If the Dragonborn skips entering the attic room and talks to Delphine outside, the Dragonborn will not receive the The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and eventually will not be able to continue on with the rest of the main storyline.

PC users may fix this by using the console and entering this command: setstage MQ105Ustengrav 60. Doing so will instantly complete the quest.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Blind_Sniper_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobczes View Post
If you still have the horn, I would use the console and get rid of it.

Then maybe try just this.

If the Dragonborn skips entering the attic room and talks to Delphine outside, the Dragonborn will not receive the The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and eventually will not be able to continue on with the rest of the main storyline.

PC users may fix this by using the console and entering this command: setstage MQ105Ustengrav 60. Doing so will instantly complete the quest.
No horn, as that was only when I was experimenting. As far as completing the quest, I have tried that, but my problem is the next quest never starts, even when trying to do it through the console, because it involved Delphine again, who is still broken.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V