Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
DodgeRainPop
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 127
Posts: 875
GTA IV Crash on startup!!!!!!!!!

I cant play this game at all now...It crashes once i see the first black screen, and says GTA IV has stopped working


any fixes?

Last edited by DodgeRainPop: 06-14-2012 at 12:28 AM.
DodgeRainPop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
Bob360
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 159
Posts: 1,776
Can you give us your computer specs, including video card, and where you got the game from? This will help us to help you. All too often, we hear these complaints without any info about what kind of computer, and where purchased.
Bob360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
DragonRise1
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 18
Posts: 49
Did you happen to just get Patch 7? On GTAs official forums, there have been many complaints about the game crashing on integrated cards after Patch 7.
DragonRise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
DodgeRainPop
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 127
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob360 View Post
Can you give us your computer specs, including video card, and where you got the game from? This will help us to help you. All too often, we hear these complaints without any info about what kind of computer, and where purchased.
alright,
GTX 460 768MB
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHZ
4GB Ram
Widnows 7 32 but


I deleted all files and i'm redling it now.
DodgeRainPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
DragonRise1
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 18
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRainPop View Post
alright,
GTX 460 768MB
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHZ
4GB Ram
Widnows 7 32 but


I deleted all files and i'm redling it now.
Has the game ever run before?
Also, does it give any errors on the crash?

Your PC should run it, unless the 32 bit influences it. I can't get my GTA IV to run either, but I would say that verifying the integrity of the game might help.
DragonRise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
DodgeRainPop
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 127
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRise1 View Post
Has the game ever run before?
Also, does it give any errors on the crash?

Your PC should run it, unless the 32 bit influences it. I can't get my GTA IV to run either, but I would say that verifying the integrity of the game might help.
It ran last year for 30 hours. I deleted it after a while, and reinstalled it, and couldnt run

I tried verifying, didnt work. My guess is an old mod corrupted the files? So i deleted everything this time, and am reinstalling now.

Last edited by DodgeRainPop: 06-14-2012 at 09:08 AM.
DodgeRainPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
DragonRise1
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 18
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRainPop View Post
It ran last year for 30 hours. I deleted it after a while, and reinstalled it, and couldnt run

I tried verifying, didnt work. My guess is an old mod corrupted the files? So i deleted everything this time, and am reinstalling now.
Let us know if it works.
DragonRise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
DodgeRainPop
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 127
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRise1 View Post
Let us know if it works.
Alright it works now. I guess its the mod that was left over that gave it problems.

If anyones wondering about my performance that i get with my rig, the benchmark is at an average 50fps, settings are at high.


During normal gameplay, its more 30-40+fps


Its runs great now compared to my old dual core.
DodgeRainPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
DragonRise1
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 18
Posts: 49
Problem solved. Good to know it was a simple problem like that.
DragonRise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.