Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
mellowpomp

Failed to Contact Key Server

Hi,

Just bought ARMA2: OA. But keep getting the error

Failed to Contact Key Server

When i want to play. I dont have any connection issues on my side.

Anyone know how this can be fixed, i read somewhere that Steam might be out of serials to distribute?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
SpiderOfDeath

Got the same problem. Hope they will fix it today. Clearly a fault from Valve, not getting enough keys while they even wrote news about the huge sale of the game...
SpiderOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
duckkillerxxx

I have the same issue as well
duckkillerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Ramsus

Same problem here. Great, All I wanted to do on my day off today was finally play DayZ
Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
rhaba

Just got done downloading, and I'm getting the same issue. I've tried verifying game cache, running as admin, and restarting. None of the above works for me.
rhaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
MadMarine

same issue, hopefully steam role out some cd keys soon.
MadMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Riella

its because steam are a bunch of money grabbing a@@bandits, seriously you wouldnt stand for it if you went into a shop and bought a dvd/game and then went home opened the box to find no disc inside.. oh yeah i have the same problem -.-
Riella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
RyanBrutis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riella View Post
its because steam are a bunch of money grabbing a@@bandits, seriously you wouldnt stand for it if you went into a shop and bought a dvd/game and then went home opened the box to find no disc inside.. oh yeah i have the same problem -.-
That's a gross overstatement. Its more like Bohemia Interactive didn't need to produce so many keys because there was slow business and suddenly everyone was buying them so rapidly they couldn't keep up so they're sending out "IOU"s. I'm not informed on anything but that's how I see it.

Anyways, I've done all that fancy smancy jazz and spent three-hours after work before my next shift trying to fix it and failed each time. I've validated the files (and it keeps saying -1- file isn't right), ran it as admin, reset steam, reset the computer, no dice. Need some relief- I want to get my Daisy on.

Edit 1: Reinstalling the game entirely (Operation Arrowhead that is). Leaving it to reinstall while I go on my next shift. Will report any results at 8:30pm Est Coast (US) time.

Last edited by RyanBrutis: 06-15-2012 at 12:39 PM.
RyanBrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
Riella

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBrutis View Post
That's a gross overstatement. Its more like Bohemia Interactive didn't need to produce so many keys because there was slow business and suddenly everyone was buying them so rapidly they couldn't keep up so they're sending out "IOU"s. I'm not informed on anything but that's how I see it.

Anyways, I've done all that fancy smancy jazz and spent three-hours after work before my next shift trying to fix it and failed each time. I've validated the files (and it keeps saying -1- file isn't right), ran it as admin, reset steam, reset the computer, no dice. Need some relief- I want to get my Daisy on.

Edit 1: Reinstalling the game entirely (Operation Arrowhead that is). Leaving it to reinstall while I go on my next shift. Will report and results at 8:30pm Est Coast (US) time.
well if there are no more keys at the moment steam shouldnt be selling the game. reinstalling the game will get you nowhere closer to a key
Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
kpsnnf

getting the same problem here, bought it today after a friend showed me some dayz vids/info... cant play it without arrowhead zzz
kpsnnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Souz

Same for me... such a waste of my friday night !
Souz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
pongli

Same problem here as well, just bought the game today, after downloading it, double click on the name it says Steam Error: Fail to contact key server. WTF
pongli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Riella

waiting for a reply from steam support so im guessing ill get a reply in about a week...
Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
rhaba

I just put in a ticket as well.
rhaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
pongli

Hopefully they'll reply soon
pongli is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead