Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 06-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
NerdGuru

Question Steam Support Won't Respond

I recently lost my account password, and my email adress has expired because my email provider kinda dropped off the face of the Earth.... but that is not the issue. I called steam suport, butI have received no response from a representative, and I need my account back. any help? They responded once, I gave them the neccesary information, now they haven't responded. . Please, no "bumping" this thread, even if it is because you want the same answer, I would just like seirious asnwers, thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Smile286

Want a serious answer? Okay, here it is: just wait.
Smile286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
NerdGuru

I would prefer helpful and unsarcastic posts, but smartass sarcasm works too .
NerdGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
NerdGuru

Not to suggest that you really helped me, I still need it
NerdGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
BurtonJ

Valve
It does not appear that you have submitted a support ticket. Please follow these instructions to contact Steam Support.
BurtonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
lsagers

Why hello, BurtonJ. I hate to do exactly what you said you didn't want to be done, but I do not have the ability to post, and my situation is a little more urgent. You see, BurtonJ of Valve corporation, I HAVE submitted 3 tickets of my issue, and not one of them has been responded to ONCE. They regard my account being hacked, and how I had roughly $500 worth of games on my account. So, I hope you can help me as soon as you are done helping Mr. Guru, Nerd.

I will also leave all three ticket numbers below, in order of their respective posting. You will see that they are from two different accounts because one of my accounts was compromised by the same person who stole my Steam account.

1) 2416-PSZV-5840
2) 6386-EUIN-6527
3) 3221-TJLV-8407

Also, I apologize for any of the rough language I may have used in any of these tickets, it's just at the time I was quite distraught of being robbed of 2 years of games that a loyal Steam user accumulated, which again totaled around $500.

Last edited by lsagers: 06-26-2012 at 06:23 PM.
lsagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Satoru

If your support account was compromised by the hijacker then they probably closed the tickets which is why the reponse isn't coming. The hijacker simply closed them off with the emails that were already compromised.

In that scenario you'll have to assume your entire computer is compromised. Either format the computer or use a known good 'clean' computer instead. Assume your current computer is effectively unusable.

You should read over the Account Security Recommendations in order to avoid this in the future.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1266-OAFV-8478

I highly recommend you use a NEW email address. If you have a phone use gmail and combine this with the SMS secondary authentication with gmail. This ensures that its even more difficult for the hijacker to obtain your email credentials. This way your Support email won't simply be hijacked into oblivion and you can use it to safely resolve your issue. However I still recommend formatting your computer.

While it may be frustrating to wait, you should really take the time to examine your computer and your account security. The way in which you describe the compromise indicates the hijacker has pretty thorough access to your computer. Without understanding how this happened you'll simply lose the account again once you get it back.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsagers View Post
Why hello, BurtonJ. I hate to do exactly what you said you didn't want to be done, but I do not have the ability to post, and my situation is a little more urgent. You see, BurtonJ of Valve corporation, I HAVE submitted 3 tickets of my issue, and not one of them has been responded to ONCE. They regard my account being hacked, and how I had roughly $500 worth of games on my account. So, I hope you can help me as soon as you are done helping Mr. Guru, Nerd.

I will also leave all three ticket numbers below, in order of their respective posting. You will see that they are from two different accounts because one of my accounts was compromised by the same person who stole my Steam account.

1) 2416-PSZV-5840
2) 6386-EUIN-6527
3) 3221-TJLV-8407

Also, I apologize for any of the rough language I may have used in any of these tickets, it's just at the time I was quite distraught of being robbed of 2 years of games that a loyal Steam user accumulated, which again totaled around $500.
Ok so one or any or all of these.

A. You have a key logger and have to reformat
B. Used a public pc with a keylogger (bad luck)
C. Your Email password and Steam password where the same and easy to crack or seen by someone
D. You signed into a phishing site offering Steam games free, you gave them your username and password for Steam and your email.

Now if it was D. Think about it, nobody in the world, no organisation at all except for you and your email provider administrators should have access to your email password and your provider will never ask you for your password except to log into your account at their site.

You should never ever tell your email password to anyone at all ever, unless it doesn't work!!! Then you contact your provider and use it as part of the proof to get your account back after it was highjacked.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
lsagers

No, it's not my whole computer. The hacker had my password from some weird instance where she claimed I gave it to her through some scam on a minecraft server, but I haven't played minecraft in months... Anyway, I know it's not my entire computer because I had been using the same password for a lot of different things and she started getting into my different accounts, but I was able to change my password for those other accounts and now they are safe and un-tampered with. I did create a new email with gmail with a completely different password and everything, and I started a new steam support account so that way she couldn't screw with my tickets, but they still are not responding. I didn't have a CD-Key or whatever, I just marked *STEAM* as my software that I was needing help with under the 'account hijacked' category.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
bloodrite2

Unhappy

Same issue, Steam won't connect so I can't launch any of my games. happned 2 days ago now no responce exept the canned auto responce...

ticken nr. 8462-WEYH-8326
bloodrite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
ChrisW

NerdGuru and lsagers: are you the same person?
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
JacobU

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsagers View Post

1) 2416-PSZV-5840
2) 6386-EUIN-6527
3) 3221-TJLV-8407

Your tickets are in the queue, please do not submit any more. I have merged them. Also, do not create multiple Steam Support accounts unless one is hijacked. This can slow down the process even more for regaining your account. Please be patient and we will respond to your oldest ticket in the order it was received.
JacobU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
lsagers

I apologize, JacobU. I only had created one new Steam Support account because the other had gotten hijacked. I do apologize, sincerely, about any of the harsh language that I used, and if I came off as insulting (which I'm sure I did...) it was merely because of how miffed I was at the fact my account had gotten hijacked. Misplaced aggression, I apologize.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
JacobU

Valve
Which account is hijacked?
JacobU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #15
lsagers

jackbauerox1 HAD been hijacked, but I was able to recover it and change the password. It is no longer compromised.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips