Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Gaugler323
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 89
Posts: 432
Is "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier" worth buying in its current state?

From what I read the PC controls are terrible... "Bad PC Port" is the current consensus.

I often don't mind ports that are received poorly... Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Darksiders, etc. But for shooters, its gotta be mouse and keyboard... and if the games not playable, its not playable.

I guess I feel if they aren't going to put the time into the port, they don't deserve my money... but all I have to go on is a few opinions. I see over 1,600 players playing now.
Gaugler323 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
0xiDIzE
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 582
Posts: 1,476
No "modern" shooter is worth paying its launch price. In my mind, they aren't worth paying for at all. But at least wait for a sale if you're going to throw your money away on a game you've already experienced eighty times before.
0xiDIzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Gaugler323
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 89
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
No "modern" shooter is worth paying its launch price. In my mind, they aren't worth paying for at all. But at least wait for a sale if you're going to throw your money away on a game you've already experienced eighty times before.
Question doesn't really apply to you then.

I'm asking, is the game "too buggy to play" ...some of us really like "'modern' shooters." And in doing so find subtle differences between each one that makes them each enjoyable.
Gaugler323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
kray28
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 30
Posts: 100
Controls seem fine to me...there's always going to be a contingent for anything. With all the settings turned up and DX11 turned on, the game looks really good. The HDR effect is too much in places though...if you are indoors and looking outside, you'll be blinded too much to see bad guys outside.

There are some odd quirks here and there. In the firing range mode, you will sometimes get kicked back to the weapon mod screen with no warning. The game CtD once on me as well. Still, that was after a pretty long playthrough.

Last edited by kray28: 06-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.
kray28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Renoxzor
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 27
Posts: 391
Get an xbox controller and suck it up.
Renoxzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
0xiDIzE
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 582
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renoxzor View Post
Get an xbox controller and suck it up.
That's like telling people to get a keyboard and mouse for Street Fighter 4.
0xiDIzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
teereks
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 15
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
That's like telling people to get a keyboard and mouse for Street Fighter 4.
i play SF with keyboard, your argument is invalid.
teereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
0xiDIzE
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 582
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by teereks View Post
i play SF with keyboard, your argument is invalid.
That doesn't make my argument invalid at all. Just because there might be some individual out there who prefers drinking gasoline over drinking soda does not mean that he's the sane one.
0xiDIzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
teereks
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 15
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
That doesn't make my argument invalid at all. Just because there might be some individual out there who prefers drinking gasoline over drinking soda does not mean that he's the sane one.
theres some individual out there who prefers play with x360 controllers.
your argument still invalid.
teereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
0xiDIzE
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 582
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by teereks View Post
theres some individual out there who prefers play with x360 controllers.
your argument still invalid.
Still not. Your logic and reasoning skills need some work.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../nickcage.jpeg
0xiDIzE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
teereks
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 15
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
Still not. Your logic needs some work.
okay.
teereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.