Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Menphues

Watch Dogs coming to Steam?

Hello,

I've got a little quick question for Steam.

I am wondering the game to be released like next year is going to be on Steam?

Just wondering because the game is being made by Ubisoft, and it's coming for PC first as that is what it was being played on, and I want this game so bad.

I will preorder as soon as it comes to Steam to buy. If I do not see it go to Steam and I see a price and preorder for PC on something else, play.com, D2D etc then I will throw my money at them.

I know it's a little early to ask, but you could do really early preorders you know, I'm down with that. Sleeping Dogs been in my account for a few months now.

I just want to know because that game I want big time and alot of friends do and want to know the same thing, so I thought I'd post.

Hopefully GTA Five comes to Steam on release aswell, because I've got all the other ones in my list, only right to add that one.

Thank you!

Menphuess
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Corpekata

Magic Eight Ball says: Signs Point to Yes.
Corpekata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
OmegaRed60

Great looking game, but nobody here can tell you any more than you already know.
OmegaRed60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
DaDillsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menphues View Post
Hello,

I've got a little quick question for Steam.

I am wondering the game to be released like next year is going to be on Steam?

Just wondering because the game is being made by Ubisoft, and it's coming for PC first as that is what it was being played on, and I want this game so bad.

I will preorder as soon as it comes to Steam to buy. If I do not see it go to Steam and I see a price and preorder for PC on something else, play.com, D2D etc then I will throw my money at them.

I know it's a little early to ask, but you could do really early preorders you know, I'm down with that. Sleeping Dogs been in my account for a few months now.

I just want to know because that game I want big time and alot of friends do and want to know the same thing, so I thought I'd post.

Hopefully GTA Five comes to Steam on release aswell, because I've got all the other ones in my list, only right to add that one.

Thank you!

Menphuess
-I'm an idiot-

Last edited by DaDillsta: 06-27-2012 at 12:47 AM.
DaDillsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
Lepinkäinen

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDillsta View Post
It's ON Steam for preorder.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202170/
Wrong game.(Stating the obvious since 2011!)
Lepinkäinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
DaDillsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepinkäinen View Post
Wrong game.(Stating the obvious since 2011!)
Oh sorry it's 2:45 I read Watch Dogs as Sleeping. But yeah, Ubisoft I would assume so.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
aplayer

Thing is I don't like how Ubisoft is treating PC games.
aplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
DaDillsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplayer View Post
Thing is I don't like how Ubisoft is treating PC games.
I hate their DRM but the game is running on PC hardware in recent previews and looks amazing.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
Menphues

Quote:
It's ON Steam for preorder.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202170/
I do not mean to be rude but I said if you read, that I already own that game.

I am on about WATCH DOGS.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Ever since my friends shown me that game, I've been infatuated with it. To me it looks pure amazing and I cannot wait for it.

Multiplayer too, I've been keeping tabs on the game and watching as much videos as I can and what I've heard and seen what you can do, and go on in the game.... I'm blown away.

Steam just do a preorder please, so I can throw my money at you, just eat it I want that game in my list brought and paid for.

I'm happy to preorder games in yearly advance lol. Guild Wars 2 been on preorder now for like 4 months, maybe more lol.
Menphues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #10
teereks

Banned
Quote:
I hate their DRM but the game is running on PC hardware in recent previews and looks amazing.
mind to give reason why hate on ubi drm?
teereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
DaDillsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by teereks View Post
mind to give reason why hate on ubi drm?
Why would you insist on always online DRM in a game like Assassins Creed? It's worthless, not to mention games like From Dust (which I enjoyed) were not ported with real quality in mind but are certainly playable. We get the short end of the stick with delays and scattered releases and still have to deal with their DRM schemes that won't hurt anyone but the customer in the long run. I don't mind it, because I have decent Internet but I know people who would swear against it for obvious reasons. I liked the way they did Driver: San Francisco so they seem to be getting better with their DRM ideas, or maybe it was just a hit or miss.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
Menphues

Quote:
Why would you insist on always online DRM in a game like Assassins Creed? It's worthless, not to mention games like From Dust (which I enjoyed) were not ported with real quality in mind but are certainly playable. We get the short end of the stick with delays and scattered releases and still have to deal with their DRM schemes that won't hurt anyone but the customer in the long run. I don't mind it, because I have decent Internet but I know people who would swear against it for obvious reasons. I liked the way they did Driver: San Francisco so they seem to be getting better with their DRM ideas, or maybe it was just a hit or miss.
Driver SF online is now dead if I remember correctly.

I go online and can never really find any games. Used to find alot of games but I was on a few weeks ago and was dead and found 0 players.
Menphues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #13
aplayer

Quote:
Which is a reason why Ghost Recon : Future Soldier released on Steam today a month after it's console counterpart shipped to stores. I remember during the development of GR:FS when Ubisoft was getting so jaratey about pirating, so I believe there was a rumor that GR:FS was not coming to the PC and decided to make Ghost Recon : Online a F2P FPS With ty micro-transactions for the PC players.
aplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
teereks

Banned
Quote:
im glad you point that out.
teereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #15
Cedge

Ask Ubisoft. Steam can't offer their game for pre-purchase without explicit directive from them.

Frankly, that game is bare minimum 18 months away, so it's actually really unlikely that either party is prepared to offer something like pre-purchase options at this point.
Cedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion