Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tribes: Ascend

Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Raoul1337

Tribes Ascend is waiting for download

I downloaded the game and opened it. Now I'm on the launcher and it says "Tribes Ascend is waiting for download". Clicking on the play button doesn't do anything...
Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Sinyk

I haven't installed the game through steam as I was playing it before steam took it on, but maybe it is trying to patch itself?
Sinyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
ArmorArmadillo

I'm getting this too, i tried redownloading the entire thing from steam and no luck.
ArmorArmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Chizu

I've got this, I had the game installed previously, I uninstalled my previous tribes install and downloaded the steam one. Now when I start it, it just says waiting for download.

Also the icon for the patcher in my startbar is now using the Smite icon for some reason.
Chizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
RamenChimera

Exactly the same thing here. Wonder how many people are getting this problem, and how to fix it...
RamenChimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
HiRezRemy

Wielder of the banhammer
Typically this means that your patcher is waiting on a download from another game client(Global Agenda or Smite). To be sure, please provide us with your log files from the patcher. You can generate a .zip file with these logs by launching the game through Steam,so that you are on our patcher, selecting the options menu in the top right corner(the small gear) and clicking the Troubleshooting and diagnostics button. Once that new window loads click the button that says 'Create Support Case'. This will open a new window where you will need to provide your username and email so that we can contact you back, along with a brief description of the issue and the general type of problem.

Please note: This process can take a few minutes to complete, please do not close the Diagnostics and Support window, it will close on it's own when it finishes.
HiRezRemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
melomano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRezRemy View Post
Typically this means that your patcher is waiting on a download from another game client(Global Agenda or Smite). To be sure, please provide us with your log files from the patcher. You can generate a .zip file with these logs by launching the game through Steam,so that you are on our patcher, selecting the options menu in the top right corner(the small gear) and clicking the Troubleshooting and diagnostics button. Once that new window loads click the button that says 'Create Support Case'. This will open a new window where you will need to provide your username and email so that we can contact you back, along with a brief description of the issue and the general type of problem.

Please note: This process can take a few minutes to complete, please do not close the Diagnostics and Support window, it will close on it's own when it finishes.
I have the same problem, I did this, hope this bug can be fixed D;
melomano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Tensei

same here
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
hellraz0r

Have this problem too. Can't click play, just says "waiting for download".
hellraz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
DestinedCruz

Check your disk space. For me, it needed to download a 3 gig patch and I only had 2 gigs remaining on my Steam drive.
DestinedCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
mundox86

I found a solution. When I went to the options menu and clicked the Troubleshooting and diagnostics button it was showing that the game Default Game Directory was "E:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios" (I don't have steam on my main hdd) so I went ahead and changed it to "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\tribes" (where steam installed the game in the first place) and voilà! patch started downloading after pressing change and then check for updates.

It would have been nice to keep everything on the steamapps folders and not create a new folder without asking me hi-rez ¬_¬ I didn't even have a "Program Files (x86)" on that drive.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by mundox86: 06-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.
mundox86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #12
Mythia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundox86 View Post
I found a solution. When I went to the options menu and clicked the Troubleshooting and diagnostics button it was showing that the game Default Game Directory was "E:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios" (I don't have steam on my main hdd) so I went ahead and changed it to "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\tribes" (where steam installed the game in the first place) and voilà! patch started downloading after pressing change and then check for updates.

It would have been nice to keep everything on the steamapps folders and not create a new folder without asking me hi-rez ¬_¬ I didn't even have a "Program Files (x86)" on that drive.

I hope this helps.
It worked! Thanks.
Mythia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
Nextra

I was hoping the steam version ditches the launcher but sadly it still uses the HiRez stuff

Thanks for the fix though.
Nextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
Zelos

I just really hate the HiRez software not the company, literally the software. T:A is great just everything in between, the Installer, the Updater, the quasi-diagnositc/unistaller etc.

After fighting with it for two hours last night before Meet the Pyro was release I finally got it to download the 3.x GB and PLAY.

This morning ..... right back to "waiting for download"

Edit:
.......and finally after a few more hours of fighting, it downloaded AGAIN then some fighting, then some unpacking and updating ...... then some launching

*BING!* "The steam version is not being run, there is an existing HiRez Installation"

Contrary to what it seems to think .... no no there is not. Unless Smite is somehow tribes..... Now I get to spend hours of fun trying to get rid of the *BING!* every time it launches ..................

Last edited by Zelos: 06-28-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Zelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Sekh765

Same issue here. Tried the above fix and still nothing. Just sitting and staring at "waiting for download". Any official fix yet?
Sekh765 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tribes: Ascend