Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Veldurak

Daily Deal - worth it?

I've been looking at this for awhile but I'm not sure if it'd be better to get it now or wait for a lower price during the Summer Sale.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Alup.Igus

Click
Alup.Igus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
UnspunReality

Thisthisthis
UnspunReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Alup.Igus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnspunReality View Post
Thisthisthis
Click 2
Alup.Igus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
phkuxato

Stop asking stupid questions that you can answer yourself in 10 seconds with a simple web search.
phkuxato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
chrischameleon

So Alup.Igus, phkuxato: the game isn't worth buying?
chrischameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
UnspunReality

A web search would show us if the game may go on a better sale then its current sale? I wouldnt even know how to search for that.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
UnspunReality

I know Ima buy the game. I just dunno if this is the lowest it'll go or if I could wait for a possible 2.50$ sale.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
clam_Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by phkuxato View Post
Stop asking stupid questions that you can answer yourself in 10 seconds with a simple web search.
It's threads like this that turn up in search results. Or do you think they just magically appear out of thin air? :P
clam_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
KnownUnknown

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkoth View Post
Why the hate?
No hate. Analogue is a game made by a weeaboo for weeaboos. I'm simply stating that it is not a casual game that most people would find appealing.

Unless you're referring to my usage of the term "weeaboo", which is funny all of the weeaboos I know wear that term as a badge of honor.
KnownUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
KarmaSlave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clam_Up View Post
It's threads like this that turn up in search results. Or do you think they just magically appear out of thin air? :P
This. So much this.
KarmaSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
BenWah

It's not enough of a game to buy as a game,

it's not enough of a novel to buy as a novel.

Don't call it a visual novel, because there are almost no illustrations, and there isn't enough to the story to call it a novel.
It's more of a short story, a retrospective diary of two families.

The game aspect is almost non-existant, 99% consists of reading something and clicking to read more. For what little "game" there is, they tell you exactly what to do, and you can't do anything else.

If either aspect (game or story) had been more developed and expanded I could recommend it, but as it is I can't. I wrote a more involved description here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2674668

Last edited by BenWah: 06-28-2012 at 11:23 AM.
BenWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
KnownUnknown

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkChaplain View Post
I've only ever met a handful of people who see the term 'weeaboo' as positive in any way. They're mostly these naruto/onepiece/bleach-kiddies who just found out about death note and watched it - dubbed.
Every other anime-fan I've met has been trying to distance him/herself from that description quite strongly. Usually those people have seen more than the few overseas shows and are a bit older, though...

And I don't think "real weeaboos" would get off on korean VNs - wrong chingchongcountry, they can get quite mad about such oversights
Good points. I live in a small college town, and the people I meet and hang out with at the local games store that refer to themselves as "weeaboos" are really just Asian culture-obsessed white folk who make no differentiation between Korea, Japan, or China. You're pretty much spot on with your description.

I don't think I've actually met a true weeaboo, although I'm not sure I want to. I have a fixation on Japanese culture, but it's aimed more towards their society and sexual politics -- I just view the East a bit differently from someone who's focus is more akin to memorizing random bits of information about obscure Japanese TV anime.
KnownUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
Ryot Control

Well I bought it a yesterday, less than 6 hours than when it went on sale. Kinda irked that it happened, but I would say it was worth the 10 bucks that I spent on it. I picked up the soundtrack as well.

The story is pretty engrossing for the 4-5 hours you put into the first play-through.

The demo is a pretty good indicator of wither you'll like it or hate it. I purchased it at full price because the demo got me interested to take a chance with it.

It was a pretty good story, and I enjoyed it for what it was. But your results will definitely vary.

Also, if it's important to you, the achievements in the game are currently disabled until it gets fixed later on.

UPDATE: It seems there is a patch that enables achievements now too.

Last edited by Ryot Control: 06-28-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Ryot Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
Booke

Quote:
Originally Posted by phkuxato View Post
You heard it from phkuxato himself. The phkuxato. Stop creating data for search engines to mine and start searching for data that may or may not exist yet.

This is mandate.
Booke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story