Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Art & Sound Design

Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
xKameronx

.MDL plugin for blender?

Hi, I have sent countless days trying to get Studiomdl and mdlcompiler to work, each giving me tons of errors that have no solution.

I decided to call it quits and searched through the internet to try and find a .mdl plugin for blender 2.6. So far I found one for blender 2.4 but nothing else. Do you guys and gals have leads or places where I can find a plugin?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
TauVee

There's no bypassing StudioMDL completely, but the Blender SMD Tools (aside from exporting to .SMD), will let you load a .QC and compile directly from Blender if you wish.
TauVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
ProZak

What problems are you having with StudioMDL and MDLDecompiler? Remember to untick the "Use Steam filesystem" thing, that'll crash the tools.
ProZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
xKameronx

@TauVee: I am using the SMD plugin. I could use a .QC If I knew how to use it, or knew what it was. Are you able to help me out there?

@ProZak: It might be crashing because I'm using tf2 models. It said that the new stuff would crash it. Other than that the programs have never worked with me before, even when I had them set up correctly.

EDIT: SOLVED
I got mdldecompiler working. I just had the model hexed incorrectly.

Last edited by xKameronx: 07-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.
xKameronx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Art & Sound Design