Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Cold Stream

Old 06-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Konstantinos88

NEW ACHIENEMENTS?

Does anyone know which new achievements we will get with the DLC?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
JayceM

No. They've either:
  • Decided what they are already, haven't told us and they'll release them on the 24th July;
  • Would like the community to create some (unlikely since that would probably need to be done by next week); or
  • Are going to give the 360 guys the two we had to unlock Blood Harvest and Dead Air.
JayceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceM View Post
No. They've either:
  • Decided what they are already, haven't told us and they'll release them on the 24th July;
  • Would like the community to create some (unlikely since that would probably need to be done by next week); or
  • Are going to give the 360 guys the two we had to unlock Blood Harvest and Dead Air.
If they'd just put L4d1 achievs for L4D2 that wouldnt be quite bad.
GazStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Broski270

They can only add 250GS worth of achievements, I hope they are good achievements such as some of the original L4D ones. Looking forward to all my 1750GS, I currently have all the available 1500.
Broski270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broski270 View Post
They can only add 250GS worth of achievements, I hope they are good achievements such as some of the original L4D ones. Looking forward to all my 1750GS, I currently have all the available 1500.
Whenever someone brags about having all achievs.

You can tell they either, hacked (modded xbox) or..
Need to get outside a bit.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
Broski270

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazStudios View Post

Took me a long time to get them. I do go outside a lot and hang out with my friends a lot. I play lots of Left 4 Dead 2 on my free time. Besides, the achievements aren't too difficult (except for some of the versus ones...*COUGH*wedding crasher*COUGH*).
Old 06-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
Took me a long time to get them. I do go outside a lot and hang out with my friends a lot. I play lots of Left 4 Dead 2 on my free time. Besides, the achievements aren't too difficult (except for some of the versus ones...*COUGH*wedding crasher*COUGH*).
Lazy Mans way:

Use your friends. Make them think you'll help them when you've got all your achievs.
Then leave em. LOL.

I did that on Red Dead Redemption.

Told some guy i'd help him get gold gun. Got my gold gun, I log off for a few days,
Come back claiming my internet was broke.

He said insults, and just stopped talking to me.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
Broski270

Quote:
Lazy Mans way:

Use your friends. Make them think you'll help them when you've got all your achievs.
Then leave em. LOL.

I did that on Red Dead Redemption.

Told some guy i'd help him get gold gun. Got my gold gun, I log off for a few days,
Come back claiming my internet was broke.

He said insults, and just stopped talking to me.
Nah, I help my friends. I just helped one of my friends with expert The Parish the other day. I like helping people, but if a bunch ask for help, I pull lazy crap.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
Nah, I help my friends. I just helped one of my friends with expert The Parish the other day. I like helping people, but if a bunch ask for help, I pull lazy crap.
I mainly want to get the Expert achiev for L4D2

I have it for L4D1
Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
Broski270

Quote:
I mainly want to get the Expert achiev for L4D2

I have it for L4D1
Yea, you need to find some good players to get it. The bots are too dumb now to do it. However, I did recently do Hard Rain on expert non-realism (about 4 months ago) with bots. That one is possible alone. It took me about 7 hours to do. The rest of the campaigns, you need a team. You won't find many good people playing anymore, since most went on to PC gaming or gave up on L4D2. I'll see if I can help you sometime, I'm gonna be giving this game to a friend until the DLC comes out and I also have to get hold of the team and see if they are willing to do it. If you want some tips, just ask me. Best if you start practicing asap. Expert is a completely different ball game from advanced and normal.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
Yea, you need to find some good players to get it. The bots are too dumb now to do it. However, I did recently do Hard Rain on expert non-realism (about 4 months ago) with bots. That one is possible alone. It took me about 7 hours to do. The rest of the campaigns, you need a team. You won't find many good people playing anymore, since most went on to PC gaming or gave up on L4D2. I'll see if I can help you sometime, I'm gonna be giving this game to a friend until the DLC comes out and I also have to get hold of the team and see if they are willing to do it. If you want some tips, just ask me. Best if you start practicing asap. Expert is a completely different ball game from advanced and normal.
True.

I Tried with 3, ewho have the achievement.
They wasn't able to help.. it was far too hard for them to retry.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
Broski270

Quote:
True.

I Tried with 3, ewho have the achievement.
They wasn't able to help.. it was far too hard for them to retry.
The game is really bogus nowadays. Every ending saferoom has a boomer and charger waiting for me and my friends. If we are in bad shape or one person rushes, we're ed. But we still do tons of Expert Realism campaigns.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
The game is really bogus nowadays. Every ending saferoom has a boomer and charger waiting for me and my friends. If we are in bad shape or one person rushes, we're ed. But we still do tons of Expert Realism campaigns.
neato. Sounds fun.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Sarena89

Quote:

You jealous? i have a gamerscore of 112,940 and i have 96 completed games under my belt and counting. including both left 4 deads.

nobody is bragging, we are just proud of what we have accomplished. for me that took 6 years. im a female, i doubt there are any of us that would lower ourselves to the hacking and modding crap unskilled people result to.

jealousy makes people say the dumbest .

anyways those of us awesome people with over 100,000 gamerscore have been gaming for a long time obviously. and it's becoming more and more common seeing people with those scores. also since im a completionist i hate leaving games unfinished. i also like my gamercard to be neat and tidy. might be the OCD.

Quote:
It's gonna be weird having left dead 2 be at 1750(assuming valve is going to give us any at all) and left 4 dead 1 stay at 1500. oh well... Alan Wake will keep it company.

there has been a trend that some lazy developers have been doing that is annoying the hell outta me. like having their dlc achievements lower than 250gs. so that leaves our completed games with strange totals. for example the Assassins creed series. AC1 had no DLC so it stayed at 1000, the same for AC2, ACB had a total of 1250 which is good. but ACR looking at that 1490 will forever jarate me off lol. would it have killed them to add an extra 10 gs?. it looks incomplete. they better not pull that mess with AC3.

Last edited by Sarena89: 07-10-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Sarena89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #15
GazStudios

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena89 View Post
You jealous? i have a gamerscore of 112,940 and i have 96 completed games under my belt and counting. including both left 4 deads.

nobody is bragging, we are just proud of what we have accomplished. for me that took 6 years. im a female, i doubt there are any of us that would lower ourselves to the hacking and modding crap unskilled people result to.

jealousy makes people say the dumbest .

anyways those of us awesome people with over 100,000 gamerscore have been gaming for a long time obviously. and it's becoming more and more common seeing people with those scores. also since im a completionist i hate leaving games unfinished. i also like my gamercard to be neat and tidy. might be the OCD.

It's gonna be weird having left dead 2 be at 1750(assuming valve is going to give us any at all) and left 4 dead 1 stay at 1500. oh well... Alan Wake will keep it company.

there has been a trend that some lazy developers have been doing that is annoying the hell outta me. like having their dlc achievements lower than 250gs. so that leaves our completed games with strange totals. for example the Assassins creed series. AC1 had no DLC so it stayed at 1000, the same for AC2, ACB had a total of 1250 which is good. but ACR looking at that 1490 will forever jarate me off lol. would it have killed them to add an extra 10 gs?. it looks incomplete. they better not pull that mess with AC3.
You need to get outside.
Seriously.

You REALLY. REALLY. Need to take time off a console. For A LOOOONG time.

And implying I'm jealous? k. I'm not.

But, regarding AC3, They better have better achievements. AC2 was too easy to achieve, Brotherhood is proving a decent challenge.
ACR.. IMPOSSIBRU.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Cold Stream