Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Bigguns 93

Exclamation Summer sale and event July 12th

Steam Summer sale / Valve Summer sale. There were rumors the Steam sale would be pushed back to mid July.

From Reddit
Quote:
There is mounting evidence that the Steam Summer Sale 2012 will run from Thursday, July 12th through Sunday, July 22nd (technically Monday, July 23rd at 10am PDT):

...On Steam's Forums, a developer at Three Sprokets (makers of Cubemen, available on Steam) gave these dates for the sale, but later claimed he was just guessing.

...On reddit, a developer at Misfits Attic (makers of A Virus Named TOM, coming soon on Steam) lamented that their game wouldn't be launching until a week after the sale. The Steam store release date for the game changed from June to August.

...The release date for the game Endless Space was moved up from mid-July to July 4th.

....New items were released with the Pyromania update of the game Team Fortress 2 from Valve. These items (scorched keys, scorched crates, and piles of ash) expire July 11th. Team Fortress 2 events has been closely associated with past Steam sales.

Last two years the sale and events started on the last Thursday in June. That would have been the 28th. Seems likely that the 12th will be the actual date. Here is a link to FAQ about the sale gathered from different sources

Hints about the when the sale will start
Official post from Valve about Summer Sale THIS LINK
Steam Support giving information on Summer Sale AT THIS LINK
Tripwire's Yoshiro telling us when the Summer Event will happen AT THIS LINK
Crazy tin foil hate conspiracy theory about sale AT THIS LINK

There are also Steam Sale trackers of which here are just two
http://www.steamgamesales.com/
http://steamalerts.com/

Articles or News items
"Bethesda package teases first details of 2012 Summer Steam Sale" link
"When Exactly is the Steam Summer Sale 2012?" link
"Gamers starting to get irritated by a lack of Steam Sale announcement" link
"Working theory: are the new TF2 items related to the 2012 Steam summer sale?" link
"Valve Still Confirming Steam Summer Sales" at this link
"Steam Summer Sale 2012 dates still unknown, but it is happening" at this link
"Local Nerds Resort To Kidnapping for Valve Summer Sale 2012" at this link
"Put wallet in freezer: These may be Steam summer sale's indie bundles" at this link

Links for tracking and checking on Killing Floor

Tripwire Official Forums link

2011 Killing Floor Summer event link

Killing Floor official announcement and news page link

Tripwire Facebook page link

Yoshiro - Tripwires Killing Floor community manager - Twitter page

Tripwire Forum discussion page on the Killing Floor summer event link

As there are updates and clues, I'll update the thread. Try to stick to information and not just people giving their best guess.

Killing Floor Items for the SaleLink
Killing Floor - Urban Nightmare Character Pack
]Killing Floor - Harold Lott Character Pack

Quote:
FYI here is the link to the Steam General forum Mega thread on the Summer Sale. Its 753 PAGES long with 1.1 million views and almost 12,ooo posts.

Last edited by Bigguns 93: 07-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Bigguns 93

First update

Quote:
Bethesda package teases first details of 2012 Summer Steam Sale
here is the link

Quote:
Yes, we’re getting annoyed by the lack of news about a Steam sale too. We’ve been saving our pennies for the last six months, like snow-addled carol singers, they’re wearing holes in our pockets with their insistent jingling. Jingle, jingle, jingle. Fear not! Our moles in Valve have pointed to new entries in Steam’s back-end which MAY show some of the games that will be on-sale.

If you take a good hard look at this site, you’ll see that Steam has updated a big bunch of Bethesda’s games a new bundle package.
Quote:
We wondered if the recent, and still unexplained, Team Fortress 2 item drops were related to the forthcoming sale.

Last edited by Bigguns 93: 07-03-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Bigguns 93

We also have this clue on the Summer Event for Killing Floor which usually coincides with the sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiro View Post
The summer zeds are almost as impatient as you lot! But they know you will be visiting them soon....
Also from Yoshiro

Quote:
The summer zeds are just as demanding of us to invite you back! But they are also waiting on something else before the gates to the Abusment Park open again...

link

Links for tracking and checking on Killing Floor

Tripwire Official Forums link

2011 Killing Floor Summer event link

Killing Floor official announcement and news page link

Tripwire Facebook page link

Yoshiro - Tripwires Killing Floor community manager - Twitter page

Tripwire Forum discussion page on the Killing Floor summer event link

Last edited by Bigguns 93: 07-03-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
the1stwasted

Everyone strap in and get ready for an influx of new level 0 players joining Sui and HoE.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
kingzero

if its not till july 12- july 23 11 days? thats a rip thats only a week and a half thats it i'm just gonna spend my time playing mario kart for the ds
Old 07-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Bigguns 93

Sale ends before the Killing Floor Summer Event ends. I would say the Summer event would run till mid August or perhaps the end of August.

THAT is speculation. I have to research more info before posting it in the OP
Old 07-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
kingzero

>.> i'm on the edge of my seat, tripwire and steam continues to taunt and tempt us, i honestly cant take it anymore
Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Bigguns 93

Also from Yoshiro

Quote:
The summer zeds are just as demanding of us to invite you back! But they are also waiting on something else before the gates to the Abusment Park open again...

link

I'll add that above to try to keep actual information in one place.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Initiate of War

Lovely job Bigguns!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Bigguns 93

UPDATE

Article about the Summer Sale titled "When Exactly is the Steam Summer Sale 2012?" . Here is a quip

Quote:

This year, with the sale now weeks overdue, Gabe Newell, managing director of Valve, has yet to say anything concerning the sale. Fans are getting restless and tons of rumors are sweeping through the Internet regarding when the sale will be.

The incredible sale normally begins on one of the last Thursdays in June. Not to add to the speculation and rumors, but it would make sense for the sale to begin on July 5th or more likely the 12th. Supposedly a developer leaked that it would begin on the 12th. In any event I’ll try not to spread too many rumors.

So what is going on here? Gabe Newell is famous not only for his insanely low prices and sales, but also for his ability to troll his fans. He’s dropped subtle hints about Half Life 3 and often holds back information about upcoming games. It seems he’s at it again. I can’t blame him though. Every time he pulls one of his famous stunts the fans go mad with anticipation. Luckily for Gabe he always delivers what the fans want… eventually.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
kingzero

speaking of which its 2:00 pdt or whatever it is, it appears we have been tricked
Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Bigguns 93

Another article. "Gamers starting to get irritated by a lack of Steam Sale announcement"

quip:

Quote:
The Steam Summer Sale has been going on for a few years now, and gamers have come to expect that around this time, is when they scrounge up all their savings, and splurge on triple A titles such as Skyrim being discounted to absurd prices like $14.99.

The internet has been in an uproar so far since there has no official announcement made. In fact, if you go on the Gaming subreddit, you'll notice that 80% of those posts are about the Steam Summer Sale. So what gives? Will it happen later today? Will it happen at all? Has Gabe Newell given up on us?! Is this the end of the world as we know it?! No one knows for sure, but in the meantime, enjoy some of these obviously trolling images.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
kingzero

this isn't valhalla men WE'VE BEEN TRICKED!!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
Bigguns 93

This one is for you Kingzero. Read and think

2012 Summer STEAM Camp is now in its final week

Quote:
2012 Summer STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Camp sponsored by Scholarship Central Access Program, Zane State College and the Muskingum Family Y. About 50 middle school students participated in science learning activities, opportunities to express themselves in various art forms and to prepare for high school and college through fun group activities.
Something to do while you wait for the event and sale. STEAM = Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.

While I am wasting time tracking down the information about Killng Floor and the summer sale people are actually doing things. Alright, time to work on something else till a little latter. But, updates will follow because this is addicting.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
kingzero

i've been busy i've been helping my folks around the place off and on all day, its just irritating
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor