Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
MetalPanda360

Steam not answering the support ticket. Bank is willing to do charge back. WTF DoIdo?

Well anyway its been like 32 hours and my steam has no answer. I mean holy , what ty support service.

Anybody I got charged twice while adding wallet funds. Didn't notice it until I checked my bank statement. The bank notified me for 2 similar payments back to back regarding valve software. I only received funds for 1 payment added to my wallet.

I submitted a ticket but so far no response and the bank wants to know whether I want back charge(?) valve. I have proof(pics) of where valve messed up and what not.

If I backcharge(?) what will happen to my steam account. Will they ban me because some companies tend to do that?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
TeKraken

Wait for support, if you do a charge back your account gets limited.
Support usually take 2-4 days.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
The support response time varies according to the number of open support tickets submitted before yours and the quality of information in your ticket.

If you have more to add, add to the open ticket rather than submitting a new one as that only slows the process but it does NOT put you back to the end on the line as some people suggest.

As has been stated, you will have bigger issues if you don't wait for support and do charge-back.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
MetalPanda360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Vampire View Post
The support response time varies according to the number of open support tickets submitted before yours and the quality of information in your ticket.

If you have more to add, add to the open ticket rather than submitting a new one as that only slows the process but it does NOT put you back to the end on the line as some people suggest.

As has been stated, you will have bigger issues if you don't wait for support and do charge-back.
i GAVE WAY MORE THEN enough info in the ticket. I even included 2 pics and even included as to where valve messed up. What more info do you need. The pics had the bank statement or valve payments and store transaction where it shows that valve says it failed but it still went through without adding the funds.
MetalPanda360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Only Support can clear this up. Nobody on these forums can help with these issues.

How long ago did you do the double purchase and when did you submit the support ticket?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:53 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
BurtonJ

Valve
Do not file a chargeback, it is not in the best interest of either party and will only serve to make everything more complicated.

Please be patient, someone will be with you as soon as possible.
BurtonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Nrvnqsr Chaos

And just to be clear, by "not in the best interest of either party" what he's saying is that just because you have every right to take back the money they stole, doesn't mean you have the power to stop them smashing all your games with the ban-baseball bat.
Nrvnqsr Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
TeKraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvnqsr Chaos View Post
And just to be clear, by "not in the best interest of either party" what he's saying is that just because you have every right to take back the money they stole, doesn't mean you have the power to stop them smashing all your games with the ban-baseball bat.
They're not so mean these days, you just get reduced services until it's sorted out.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips