Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies

Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Wurzel_Pummage

I, Zombie Endless.

Any tips for getting the 10 streak achievement? The plant placement appears to be completely random which in itself wouldn't be so bad, but the sunflowers are also random. This appears to throw any potential strategy aside in favour of being a jammy git. The game seems to like giving me 1 sunflower to every 24 threepeaterswhich making it painfully difficult to get anywhere.

Makes me wonder where so many developers these days got the idea that gamers no longer enjoy fun and much prefer being irritated by dumb luck

Anyways, thanks in advance for any help that may spring up here
Old 07-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
SugarNRainbows

This might help you out.

I just kept at it, got a good feeling for all the zombie types, and got a nice series of layouts.

You really can't afford to waste any sun, so take your time and choose wisely.
SugarNRainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
pokrishka

This gametype is probably the most strategic of all, I don't know how you call it dumb luck. However, I seem to get less and less sunflowers every level. I got to 8th where I only had 2 sunflowers. How come?
pokrishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Wurzel_Pummage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrishka View Post
This gametype is probably the most strategic of all, I don't know how you call it dumb luck. However, I seem to get less and less sunflowers every level. I got to 8th where I only had 2 sunflowers. How come?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzel_Pummage View Post
Dumb luck

I managed to get to wave 9 once as I had a scaredy-shroom wave and a load of sunflowers further on but then that wave destroyed me with mines and chompers galore.
Wurzel_Pummage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
A Guy

I remember a thread somewhere in here that gave really good tips and helped me finish it.

Well, always be aware of the plants like the magnet, star, triple shooter, and umbrella. I typically take those first three out as soon as possible, but the order in which to take them out can be hard to decide.

Also, I learned that sending 2 coneheads in a row, one right after the other is a very effective strategy. The slowing effect of the butter or frost only affects the one in front, while the other catches up.

I also didn't know the ladder prevented freezing. And I don't think I've ever sent down the dancers without regretting it seconds later, so be very careful with those.
A Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #6
Wurzel_Pummage

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
I remember a thread somewhere in here that gave really good tips and helped me finish it.

Well, always be aware of the plants like the magnet, star, triple shooter, and umbrella. I typically take those first three out as soon as possible, but the order in which to take them out can be hard to decide.

Also, I learned that sending 2 coneheads in a row, one right after the other is a very effective strategy. The slowing effect of the butter or frost only affects the one in front, while the other catches up.

I also didn't know the ladder prevented freezing. And I don't think I've ever sent down the dancers without regretting it seconds later, so be very careful with those.
Thanks for the tips. I still haven't managed it yet though haha.

Just got to wave 9 but all my sun dried up after 4 levels of fume shrooms, chompers, squashes and mines with a couple of sunflowers. The return those two flowers give is far, far less than the cost of sacrifice you have to make on that stage, so getting it four times in a row made me want to punch a baby
Wurzel_Pummage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
Zlexpro

This game looks so epic :P I gotta try it ! ;P
Zlexpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies