Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Divine Divinity

Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
dave_

Amazing Game - Reccommended!!

I see that the link from the Steam page takes us to the official forum.

A bit odd when they have put a forum for it in their own site. I mean, one or the other, I can understand, but both?

Anyway, I played this game when it first came out, and wow, it was so awsome. I don't hesitate to recommend this to anyone who likes this genre, and is happy to put up with a bit of old-school graphics and quest-fetching.

I recall the sound as being very good quality for the game, and had a CD of music.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
held

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_ View Post
I recall the sound as being very good quality for the game, and had a CD of music.
The game-soundtrack was written by Kirill Pokrovsky. Here is the Main Theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
RPG Vault gave Divine Divinity the award for Outstanding Achievement in Music. They said, "It very proficiently supports the changing moods and locations in the game, never becoming either overwhelming or repetitive."
held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
dave_

Aye, I recall standing in an ogre/scorpion/enemy pit getting pummelled just to hear the weird music that was playing in there.

Can't wait to play this again. Roll on tommorow...
dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Artki

It's a very good action RPG.

Cons: Bad interface for buying/selling with merchangts.
Last 1/3rd of the game is sub-par. Obviously rushed to get out the door - not as interesting as the first 2/3rds. HOWEVER, the end is not enough to give this a bad rating.

It's an EASY 4 out of 5. If you like isometric view action RPGs you'd be stupid not to play this. It's a blast.
Artki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
T@F

Great game.
But already got it from GOG so no point getting on steam now tbh.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
M4nkoRid3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@F View Post
Great game.
But already got it from GOG so no point getting on steam now tbh.
I'm getting it again for the sake of supporting the Devs a little bit more.
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
PhantomLord

This was a great action RPG with a sense of humor that has yet to be matched in this style of game. Other than a cumbersome inventory and the end of the game being a bit tedious, this is definitely a game worth playing.
PhantomLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
D3rk01

I loved this game! I wasn't even a teenager when I played through it the first time. I just purchased it... but man... going from my 15in CRT back when I first played it to my 56in screen makes everything ultra tiny. Anyone know if there are any fixes for the UI? Maybe making text and dialog boxes bigger?

Awesome game regardless!
D3rk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #9
YariKrishna

I love RPGs, but I heard this was like Diablo and I don't really like that type of game.

Is it more like say, Baldur's Gate, or Diablo? I've heard this game is great but if it's like Diablo I don't want it.
YariKrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #10
M4nkoRid3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by YariKrishna View Post
I love RPGs, but I heard this was like Diablo and I don't really like that type of game.

Is it more like say, Baldur's Gate, or Diablo? I've heard this game is great but if it's like Diablo I don't want it.
You know, you cannot stray far from the general isometric hack'n'slash design without hitting similarities. IMHO, while there are bits of both present, DD feels more like Baldurs Gate to me. I just hope it's not that upsetting for you when you come across something that you feel is similar to Diablo...
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
crosswire

Bloody hell this game is good. How did I ever miss it the first time around.
£3.99 and it's 10 times more fun to play than most full priced games.
crosswire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
ForkTong

Quote:
Originally Posted by YariKrishna View Post

Divinity has a lot of dialogs, quests, side-quests, puzzles and "adventures", and a storyline. That makes it more BG. But it also has dungeons and Diablo-style combat (realtime, not party based). Don't let the first dungeon throw you off, the world is a lot less combat-based after that.
ForkTong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
PhantomLord

As others have said definitely more like BG, but without a party. This game is not just a hack and slash romp and there are no randomly generated dungeons here.

Personally I find the Diablo series boring, but loved Divine Divinity.
PhantomLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
crosswire

Definitely a lot of fun, great story so far, nice puzzles and a lot of humour has gone in to DD. Yeah, I would say a lot closer to Baldurs Gate than Diablo.
crosswire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
MushRush66

Impressive RPG.

Divine Divinity matches my playstyle much better than Baldur's Gate ever could. In other words, realtime combat and a nonparty based setting, is much more preferable for myself, as I found the insane amount of micromanaging of npc's to be far too tedious. DD is just perfect in my book, and reminds me more of Diablo than Baldur's Gate.

I am very pleased with this purchase, and I am quite stunned to see that they are still patching and refining this awesome RPG. Do yourself a favor and cough up that $6.00, because what you will get in return is worth ten times that - no kidding!!

A 9.5 out of 10 (imho).

Disclaimer:
No animal or human was harmed in the making of this opinion.
MushRush66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Divine Divinity