Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 07-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
mausdmchl

Problem Activating Gamestop Steam Wallet Codes

Hi, I'm a relatively new user; if this is in the wrong area, I'm sure a mod will move it.

I recently purchased $80 in $20 increments from Gamestop at one of their stores. I activated 2 $20 codes without a problem. However, the other two codes are unable to be activated. When I attempt to activate it on my account it says, "Invalid Code". I have tried activating it on another account and am given "An Error has Occurred" warning. On both occasions the code cannot be activated.

I'm mainly posting to see if anybody has had this problem today. Usually when I try to "activate" a giftcard code that I already activated, it will say "Duplicate Key". However, this time, it just says "Invalid Key" for previously activated giftcard codes. Maybe it's on my end; hopefully the activation server for Steam Wallet codes is down.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Applebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausdmchl View Post
Hi, I'm a relatively new user; if this is in the wrong area, I'm sure a mod will move it.

I recently purchased $80 in $20 increments from Gamestop at one of their stores. I activated 2 $20 codes without a problem. However, the other two codes are unable to be activated. When I attempt to activate it on my account it says, "Invalid Code". I have tried activating it on another account and am given "An Error has Occurred" warning. On both occasions the code cannot be activated.

I'm mainly posting to see if anybody has had this problem today. Usually when I try to "activate" a giftcard code that I already activated, it will say "Duplicate Key". However, this time, it just says "Invalid Key" for previously activated giftcard codes. Maybe it's on my end; hopefully the activation server for Steam Wallet codes is down.
When you try to activate too many codes in too short a period, the system locks you out for a few hours whilst showing the "Invalid Key" error. Just wait and try again later, and it'll work fine.
Applebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
mausdmchl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applebee View Post
When you try to activate too many codes in too short a period, the system locks you out for a few hours whilst showing the "Invalid Key" error. Just wait and try again later, and it'll work fine.
Thanks; I was just about to post back in here that I tried again and it worked to activate the remaining two codes.
mausdmchl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Satoru

Just as a minor tip. Apparently if you buy the gift cards with your Powerup Rewards card, the codes appear in your 'digital locker'. That way you can double check what the code is even if you happen to lose the receipt.

It's a good way to ensure that you're entering the correct code and such.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips