Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
sasukie908

Does steam support have a phone number?

I have been contacting them for the past 3 days. I submitted a ticket 9917-OAHN-4120 and it takes forever to get a reply.

My account is suspended from further purchasing. I have to get this resolved Anyone can help me?

Tell me how to contact steam directly?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
GirlPower23

No they don't. Your only option is to wait for Support reply.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
spartan0078

There is no way, it's e-mail or nothing. They should get back to you withing 4-6 days, that's my average with them anyways.

Goodluck getting your account back before the sale.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #4
ozipk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan0078 View Post
They should get back to you withing 4-6 days,
4-6 days lmao. For a multi-million dollar company thats really pathetic. I've never heard of a company that doesn't have a contact number before but the reasons are obvious: ing cowards who can't face their mistakes.

Anyway, here is a US number:

Telephone: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php
FAX: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

This was good as of 2010, but I'm not in US so I can't test it. I'm guessing you won't get much help but if you just want someone from Steam to shout at, there you go :P But seriously they should be able to transfer you to support.

Hmm I wonder if the admins will like me posting Steams SECRET number here..

edit- Removed "East coast no." that was my mistake.

Last edited by ozipk: 07-18-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
ElijahChondo43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozipk View Post
4-6 days lmao. For a multi-million dollar company thats really pathetic. I've never heard of a company that doesn't have a contact number before but the reasons are obvious: ing cowards who can't face their mistakes.

Anyway, here is an East coast US number:

Telephone: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php
FAX: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

This was good as of 2010, but I'm not in US so I can't test it. I'm guessing you won't get much help but if you just want someone from Steam to shout at, there you go :P But seriously they should be able to transfer you to support.

Hmm I wonder if the admins will like me posting Steams SECRET number here..
Valve and Steam is stationed in West coast Washington state, obvious fake number. Steam Support does NOT have a phone number. Valve does have a number but I don't think you want to talk about your account issues with the secretary now would you?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Monklybusiness

They probably suspended your purchasing to prevent possible fraud. Same happened to me last christmas when I purchased several games in a row with different credit cards.

Your best bet is to make a second account, buy the games you want and gift them to your primary account.

Hope it gets resolved soon!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
ozipk

That was a mistake, the site it was from was East Coast gamers so I got confused.. :P

That is definitely a Steam contact number, its not support but it is Steam and its a start.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
Aura891

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahChondo43 View Post
Valve and Steam is stationed in West coast Washington state, obvious fake number. Steam Support does NOT have a phone number. Valve does have a number but I don't think you want to talk about your account issues with the secretary now would you?
when i google https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php, the first thing that pops up is www.valvesoftware.com/contact/, lol

it could very well be valves phone number, 425 would be a number for the area their business is in, and 425-889 is for Kirkland, Washington, which is where they reside

Regardless of if its their number or not, Valve DOES have a number, but it's not a number for support, it's a number for contact, so calling it to get support...won't do any good

Quote:
4-6 days lmao. For a multi-million dollar company thats really pathetic.
Yes, and most other companies outsource their support to people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, what business they are working for, and don't speak english

I much rather have Valve have a dedicated, albeit slower, team that is actually part of valve
Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #9
ElijahChondo43

Quote:
Valve does have a number but I don't think you want to talk about your account issues with the secretary now would you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura891 View Post
Regardless of if its their number or not, Valve DOES have a number, but it's not a number for support, it's a number for contact, so calling it to get support...won't do any good

Of course Valve has a number, how do you think you book visits with the company and buy stuff off the Valve store and other means?

Again, Steam does NOT have a support number, no matter what.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #10
ozipk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura891 View Post
I much rather have Valve have a dedicated, albeit slower, team that is actually part of valve
Speak for yourself, been a week without my account now and its ing annoying.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
Aura891

Quote:
No thanks i'll speak for everyone and drown you out, it sounds more fun
Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
ElijahChondo43

Quote:
And because you're not liking supports availability you say it's crap? You know what, why don't you call and FAX them your problem and see what they say back? Also it's 3:20am where they live so no one will answer in the first place, better wait 8 hours for everyone to arrive at the office.

This is why they don't do phone support, yeah they're a multibillion dollar company BUT they only have ~300 employees and don't you think email support would be better for GLOBAL support? Anywhere a Valve employee can sign in and answer support tickets in the comfort of their home, if they did phone support they would be lacking even further because of all the calls from outside areas @3am in the morning.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:25 AM   #13
ozipk

I see and how exactly are you doing that?

From where I'm sitting you just seem like an annoying troll trying to antagonise me and its working because I'm already jarateed off with Steam.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #14
Aura891

Quote:
I see and how exactly are you doing that?

From where I'm sitting you just seem like an annoying troll trying to antagonise me and its working because I'm already jarateed off with Steam.
I think it'd be best if you were to state who you are talking to

In the end i'm surprised you actually said you'd rather talk to someone about a product/service who doesn't know anything about the product/service you are asking about, nor do they know what company they are answering the phone for, and can't even accurately talk to you unless you live in the country they live in or speak their native language

I mean...i always thought that when you contact a company you actually want to be responded by someone who is part of that company, not some random person far far away who gets told what to say and what button to push to respond to you in a certain way

Last edited by Aura891: 07-18-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #15
ozipk

Quote:
This is why they don't do phone support, yeah they're a multibillion dollar company BUT they only have ~300 employees
Multibillion dollar company with 300 employees, thats 100s of millions each...

You're seriously telling I shouldn't complain because its not their fault they are understaffed? What big companies do you know with 300 employees? I'm not saying I don't believe you, just that its ridiculous and cheap.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips