Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
WillyFourEyes

Question [SPOILERS] Achievement ?: Abusive Jerk

I got the last of the achievements a few weeks ago, the night the achievement fix patch went online. I'm almost 100% sure how I earned most of them, except for "Abusive Jerk". I only know I fulfilled the criteria for it since it unlocked when I went to the Bonus Content menu from the main menu, but I have no idea how I did it.

Since I can't go back and re-unlock the achievements without creating a brand new account and buying Analogue a second time, I ask you all: how exactly does the "Abusive Jerk" achievement work? I've been able to glean clues on how to get the others just by reading their descriptions, but this one eludes me.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
MEMANIA

I unlocked mine by, if I remember right, getting myself blown during the reactor scene by trying to download instead of fix the reactor. I think. Pretty sure...

My best guess for actually triggering it is to just be mean to her a lot, or toy with her emotions and then leave her on the ship to die. Basically, be an .
MEMANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
WillyFourEyes

At first, I thought it might have been the first option you described, but I think the second one might be a bit more plausible.
WillyFourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
BlackPhoenix969

You can get the achievement really fast. Start the game, talk to *Hyun-ae, and, as the title suggests, just treat her badly.

Tell her you don't care what she has to say, that you like the society described because women aren't worth a thing, tell her her opinions are stupid and that the Pale Bride was overly dramatic.

She will eventually tell you that you're an idiot and that you're no different from the people on the ship back then (thus 'Treat her with the sort of respect she's used to') and then she will terminate your connection, basically ending the game.
You can achieve this about 5-10 minutes after starting the game, even before gaining su access and activating mute.

But I felt bad afterwards.

//edit:
Quote:
I unlocked mine by, if I remember right, getting myself blown during the reactor scene by trying to download instead of fix the reactor. I think. Pretty sure...
That is the "Failed to Prioritize" achievement.

Last edited by BlackPhoenix969: 07-13-2012 at 06:36 AM.
BlackPhoenix969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
WillyFourEyes

Thumbs up That sounds about right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenix969 View Post
You can get the achievement really fast. Start the game, talk to *Hyun-ae, and, as the title suggests, just treat her badly.

Tell her you don't care what she has to say, that you like the society described because women aren't worth a thing, tell her her opinions are stupid and that the Pale Bride was overly dramatic.

She will eventually tell you that you're an idiot and that you're no different from the people on the ship back then (thus 'Treat her with the sort of respect she's used to') and then she will terminate your connection, basically ending the game.
You can achieve this about 5-10 minutes after starting the game, even before gaining su access and activating mute.

But I felt bad afterwards.

//edit:

Ah, I thought that might have been the reason. Thanks for your help!
WillyFourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
nights fire

Quote:

Actually i got abusive jerk this way as well, I think it might be slightly bugged
nights fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
BlackPhoenix969

Quote:
Originally Posted by nights fire View Post
Actually i got abusive jerk this way as well, I think it might be slightly bugged
Might as well be, I got some completion achievements not when I finished the game, but when I looked at the bonus content, for some reason.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
MEMANIA

Quote:
Might as well be, I got some completion achievements not when I finished the game, but when I looked at the bonus content, for some reason.
Yeah, I never once disagreed or jarateed her off and I got the achievement along with the bad prioritization achievement. So... there's more to it than just jarateing her off. Then again, technically that ending is also a "Game Over", so maybe it's just unlocked anytime you get a "Game Over" bad ending?
MEMANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
cosmonaut.zero

You might also get it for any ending where you leave Hyun-ae on the ship. I seem to remember getting it when I was playing around trying to get Failure to Prioritize and shut down the computer core.
cosmonaut.zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Meracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmonaut.zero View Post
You might also get it for any ending where you leave Hyun-ae on the ship. I seem to remember getting it when I was playing around trying to get Failure to Prioritize and shut down the computer core.
Yes you get this achievement for being a jerk, even just typing Download as soon as you get admin access and leaving.
Meracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #11
limegonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmonaut.zero View Post
I don't think this is the case, or at least it's not supposed to be. I achieved all five endings and 100% logs before getting the Steam code. The Steam version automatically used my non-steam saves, and I unlocked half of the achievements as soon as I launched the Steam version [See you next mission!, Friendzone, Mai Waifu, Forever Alone, TsunderAI, 2 Girls, 1 Core and Deep Space Detective].

For the others, I played through the game again a few times, and I unlocked Abusive Jerk by getting booted off the ship by *Hyun-ae after I unlocked Failure to Prioritise.
limegonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
BlackPhoenix969

Quote:
Originally Posted by limegonk View Post
I don't think this is the case, or at least it's not supposed to be.
It was already stated, that some achievements seem to be bugged, this one in particular.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #13
limegonk

Quote:
It was already stated, that some achievements seem to be bugged, this one in particular.
I know, I was clarifying that cosmonaut's suggested method does not appear to be the normal, non-bugged way you "should" get it, and thus it may not work for the OP.
limegonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
Undying Zombie

I got it by pure accident. Around the time the reactor started having issues. I had Mutes AI active when it happened.. so yea it seems bugged to me.
Undying Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #15
Elpizo

While I like getting 100% progress and having all achievements unlocked, it's rather hard to start a game and actually behave like this with Hyun-Ae.
I mean, come on, what sort of achievement (in a "I did something oustanding!" manner) is this? Making her feel even worse than she did already is no achievement, it's a crime against all good and nice in my ophinion!
Elpizo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story