Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron

Old 07-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
tommyboy987

FoC cheats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0vY1...feature=relmfu

at 1:51 you can see a cheat option in the menu
what do you guys think about that
Old 07-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
atomicmuffin

1) I dont think the cheats will be able to be used in the multiplayer. I highly doubt it. I hope its not.

2) Is that a revamped Complex? The layout looks familiar.
atomicmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
Tresob77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy987 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0vY1...feature=relmfu

at 1:51 you can see a cheat option in the menu
what do you guys think about that
It's probably an interface for activating or deactivating the G1 Optimus Prime skin, the G2 Bruticus, the DLC weapons, or whatever other little goodies they let you unlock or buy. (For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if they have G2 colored Dinobots coming down the road.) A lot of games will call that interface "cheats" or "extras."

@Muffin -- Yep...that looks like Complex alright. Someone in the comments said they were keeping some of the "fan favorite" maps.
Tresob77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
TheRealGrimbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmuffin View Post
1) I dont think the cheats will be able to be used in the multiplayer. I highly doubt it. I hope its not.
Guys, hackers will make them work in multiplayer. High Moon only made their work easier by doing this.
TheRealGrimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
KiraTsukasa

Speaking of cheats, has there been any talk about FOC being supported by VAC or some other anti-cheat system? I know the PC version requires Steam to play so I would think so, but I've been wrong before.
KiraTsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
Gata

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraTsukasa View Post
Speaking of cheats, has there been any talk about FOC being supported by VAC or some other anti-cheat system? I know the PC version requires Steam to play so I would think so, but I've been wrong before.
Considering FoC has steam integration, it's pretty safe to say that it'll probably have VAC.
Gata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
tommyboy987

little update: we will get DLC for PC!
it's on the FoC game page on facebook in the comments (transformers game)
tommyboy987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
spacebugO_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gata View Post
Considering FoC has steam integration, it's pretty safe to say that it'll probably have VAC.
VAC does work on a delayed banning system though so you won't see any immediate blocks of hackers like with PB... Although neither 1 is fool proof.
spacebugO_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
POWERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebugO_O View Post
VAC does work on a delayed banning system though so you won't see any immediate blocks of hackers like with PB... Although neither 1 is fool proof.
hmm.. I hope this doesn't lead to good players being banned...
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
atomicmuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
If it uses VAC, then we probably can't mod it. If it needs to be modded for PC use.
atomicmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
Dead Pool

Banned
Sometimes cheats can refer to many different things... They sometimes can mean having different outfits and what not.

And it just looks like they changed around a few materials and textures on the old complex map and took out a few lights and TADAAA! It's "revamped!"
Dead Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
Gata

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
VAC works on the clientside level- it checks for things like memory insertion and modded files. If it finds either of those things, then it'll mark you for death. Players who report it are going to need proof.
Gata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
POWERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gata View Post
VAC works on the clientside level- it checks for things like memory insertion and modded files. If it finds either of those things, then it'll mark you for death. Players who report it are going to need proof.
I'm not too sure some of us would like processes snooping around in the background...

Is vac really foolproof?
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
sparky4115

hmmm, the "cheat's" being there could be upgrades or bonus's, or extra'a, I would say it is too soon to tell, it would be very unwise for any gaming company to put cheat's in their game, if they are the hacker kind of cheat's we have seen in WFC, such as infinite ammo, extreme damage, or cheat's such as those, so to instantly assume that that cheat function seen in there is a form of cheating such as those seen in WFC, is not very wise, seeing as they could be the new name for the "extra's" section, or form's of cheat's such as those found in "ratchet deadlocked" where the cheat's are actually just way's you can modify what you see on your screen, like holding your gun's gangsta style, or making it darker or brighter, or mirror world, but i say it is too early to tell the true function of the "cheat" selection.
sparky4115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
.Syntax.

I'm sure the cheats are there just for testing purposes and will be removed for the game.
.Syntax. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron