Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Old 07-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
mizzuks

DayZ connection issues

I've installed everything this morning, but when I load it up I get an error saying 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' is missing, despite this, the game then launches, but I can't connect to any servers.

What can I do? Google doesn't bring much up.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
Creamer^

I had this problem when I installed but can't recall what I did to fix it. As DayZ is in Alpha it has so many gaping install bugs and such that it's hard to remember any single one. Took me a couple of hours to get it working after install.

If you're using one of the Arma OA betas like most people, you need to paste the .exe from the armaoa expansion/beta folder over into the main operation arrowhead folder, then let steam know to launch the beta by putting this line into the steam arma2oa > properties > launch options >
Quote:
-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash
See if that works. If not verify the integrity of game cache on both arma 2 and operation arrowhead. And install six launcher and six updater, which are both very useful tools.

Eventually you'll solve it and when you do it'll be well worth it. The game is amazing, even as an unpolished alpha.
Creamer^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
mizzuks

Alright, it loaded up without any issues or errors, but almost every server still has a red X near it. Is that due to the recent update and servers haven't caught up yet or what?

Last edited by mizzuks: 07-14-2012 at 05:38 AM.
mizzuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Creamer^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzuks View Post
Alright, it loaded up without any issues or errors, but almost every server still has a red X near it. Is that due to the recent update and servers haven't caught up yet or what?
I think that's because your version doesn't match the server version? Install six updater and six launcher. Most people use six launcher instead of the in-game browser as it's much better and will auto update your dayz files. It has an option to launch through steam so you can still use the steam overlay as well. There are guides on how to use it on the main dayz website forums.

You may need to update arma2oa to a particular beta. Certainly 94444 minimum.

Last edited by Creamer^: 07-14-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: typo
Creamer^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series