Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #16
d__________

Which of these configs require sv_cheats?
d__________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
KiloSwiss

I don't understand it.
Most of You have high Bandwidth DSL connections, but You still set the rate to 30000bytes/second which is for ISDN or DSL Light (384DSL, 768DSL and similar).
Stop using such a low rate of 30000 while having cmd/updaterate set to 66, 100 or even higher.
Your bandwidth of 30000 will most likely exceed, which leads You into having Choke.
You give Yourself a disadvantage!

VALVE/HPE have seen this problem in CSS and set the standard value for rate in CSGO to 80000 for a reason!

Let's go to the theory:
The biggest Packetsize You can receive in CSGO is set trough net_maxroutable which has its standard and maximum value set to 1200.
If You receive 64 Packets per second (Default TickRate 64), and each one is 1200 byte, Your bandwidth maximum of 30000bytes/second will not be enough.
Do the math:
64 x 1200 = 76800

This is only theoreticaly.
During matches with a max of ten players (5vs5) on TickRate 64 Servers You should be fine with rate 30000, but only as long as You are not playing on higher TickRate servers, or with a higher playercount (more slots).

For example TR 128
cl_updaterate 128 x max Packet size 1200bytes = 153600bytes/second
You will most likely not reach this Bandwidth usage, but You will exceed Your low bandwidth of 30000 very fast, even with a few players on the server.

So you should set rate to at least 80k or even higher if You play on Public or high TickRate Servers.

I hope You guys understand my point and STOP DOING THE SAME MISTAKE like most of You did in CSS!

I think I should go a bit more into playing CSGO and then make a Netsetting tutorial, before You all spread Your misleading information and lead other players into capping their bandwidth on 30000.

tl;dr
Stop using rate 30000 together with high updaterate values, especially on public Servers with more than 16slots and/or on Servers with a higher TickRate than 64!
If You have at least DSL1000 or a higher bandwidth connection, leave rate on its standard value of 80000 or set it higher, but not lower!

Greez KiloSwiss

Last edited by KiloSwiss: 09-12-2012 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Changed TR66 into TR64.
KiloSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #18
broadwey_again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloSwiss View Post
I don't understand it.
Most of You have high Bandwidth DSL connections, but You still set the rate to 30000bytes/second which is for ISDN or DSL Light (384DSL, 768DSL and similar).
Stop using such a low rate of 30000 while having cmd/updaterate set to 66, 100 or even higher.
Your bandwidth of 30000 will most likely exceed, which leads You into having Choke.
You give Yourself a disadvantage!

VALVE/HPE have have seen this problem in CSS and set the standard value for rate to 80000 for a reason.

Let's go to the theory:
The biggest Packetsize You can receive in CSGO is set trough net_maxroutable which has its standard and maximum value set to 1200.
If You receive 66 Packets per second with 1200 byte, Your bandwidth maximum of 30000bytes/second will not be enough.
Do the math:
66 x 1200 = 79200

This is only theoretical, and will only be a problem on Servers with a higher playercound.
During matches with a max of ten players (5vs5) on TickRate 66 Servers You should be fine with rate 30000, as long as You are not playing with higher updaterate on higher TickRate servers, or with a higher playercount (more slots).

For example TR 128
cl_updaterate 128 x max Packet size 1200 = 153600bytes/second
You will most likely not reach this Bandwidth usage, but You will exceed Your low bandwidth of 30000.

So you should set rate to at least 80k or even higher if You play on Public Servers.

I hope You guys understand my point and STOP DOING THE SAME MISTAKE like most of You did in CSS.

I think i should go a bit more into playing CSGO and then make a Netsetting tutorial, before You all spread Your misleading information and lead other players into using such a low rate of 30000.

tl;dr
Stop using rate 30000 together with high updaterate values, especially on public Servers with more than 16slots and/or on Servers with a higher TickRate than 66!
If You have at least DSL1000 or a higher bandwidth connection, leave rate on its standard value of 80000 or set it higher, but not lower!

Greez KiloSwiss
We set it to 30k because on most of the servers 30k is maximum.
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
KiloSwiss

So the Server admins should be slapped in their face for doing this.

These admins force people into choke on their servers and ruin the gaming experience for every player, including themselves.
How stupid can someone be to do that?
Take them the right to administrate any server, unless they can proof that they know what they do when changing serversettings like sv_maxrate and similar.

I know that these are also the same lowbrainer admins, coming from CSS, that force cl_cmdrate/updaterate to the Servers TickRate, not knowing that people with lower bandwidth are forced to lag around, because of highping (bandwidth exceeds), and also people with fps drops under the cl_cmdrate value will be extremely hard to hit because the prediction goes crazy when theyr amount of packets/s sent to the server is not constant.

My advice to all players:
Avoid servers who set sv_maxrate to 30000 and/or explain these Serveradmins their mistake they made.

Tell them:
sv_maxrate should be at least set to 80000 or higher, not lower.
I recommend to use the following sv_maxrate values
TickRate 64 - sv_maxrate 80000
TickRate 102 - sv_maxrate 128000
TickRate 128 - sv_maxrate 0

I hate selfquote but:
Quote:
VALVE/HPE have ... set the standard value for rate in CSGO to 80000 for a reason!
And VALVE/HPE have also set the standard value of sv_maxrate to 0 which means "unlimited", and they did this also for a good reason.

I really don't want to sound arrogant, but the only right Serversettings IMO are the following:

sv_mincmdrate 10*
sv_maxcmdrate 128 or the Servers TickRate value.
sv_minrate 5000*
sv_maxrate 80000 for TR64, 128000 for TR 102 and 0 for TR128 (0=unlimited)

*Will only be used by people with low Bandwidth.

btw.
In my previous post i made the mistake to speak about TR66 as the standard Tickrate, but it seems that this is now 64 in CSGO, not longer 66 like it is in CSS.

Back-2-Topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansing View Post
crosshair "1" //Enables crosshair
cl_dynamiccrosshair "1" //1=fully dynamic 0=static on movement only dynamic while shooting
sfcrosshair "0" //If set to 0 disables the new crosshair and uses the settings below
cl_crosshairdot "1" //Adds a dot in the center if set to 1 The size of the Dot is the same as cl_crosshairthickness.
cl_crosshairscale "5" //Has no use without the legacy_crosshair_scale CVARs from CSS
cl_crosshairsize "3" //The length of each of the crosshairs Lines.
cl_crosshairthickness "1" //The thickness of the crosshairs Lines
cl_crosshaircolor "1" //Color of crosshair 0=red 1=green, 2=yellow, 3=blue, 4=teal, 5=Use cl_crosshaircolor_R/G/B to set Your own Color
cl_crosshaircolor_R "100" //RGB value for RED
cl_crosshaircolor_G "100" //RGB value for GREEN
cl_crosshaircolor_B "255" //RGB value for BLUE

cl_crosshairusealpha "1" //If set to 1 allows the crosshair to become transparent
cl_crosshairalpha "200" //Determines the level of transparency, default is 200
0=completely transparent (invisible) and 255 (max.) is completely solid.
I added my changes/corrections in Orange.

Also take a Look at this Picture:
http://kiloswiss.ch/BLOG/CSS_CH_NEU/CSS_CH_NEU.jpg
Only the Option cl_crosshair_spreadscale is NOT AVAILABLE in CSGO and the values can go even higher than 99, but this would make no sense to play with

And finally here is my autoexec.cfg which i took from CSS and only added a few settings and some temporary ones for testing but it's not final (like the game is also still in Beta)
Oh and some of the the buybinds/weaponaliases are completely wrong which makes them useless.
I will probably fix them in the next couple days.
Code:
bind q ".primsec"
alias .primsec .sec
alias .prim "slot1; alias .primsec .sec" 
alias .sec "slot3; slot2; alias .primsec .prim" 

bind MOUSE3 ".sk"
alias .sk .sk1
alias .sk1 "use weapon_knife; use weapon_smokegrenade; alias .sk .sk2"
alias .sk2 "use weapon_knife; alias .sk .sk1"

bind MOUSE4 "use weapon_hegrenade"
bind MOUSE5 "use weapon_flashbang"
bind MWHEELUP "invnext"
bind MWHEELDOWN "invprev"

bind x "use weapon_decoy"
bind y "use weapon_molotov; use weapon_incgrenade"

bind ALT "+voicerecord"
bind backspace "toggleconsole"
bind f "drop"
bind g "impulse 100"
bind j messagemode
bind k messagemode2

bind i ".ch_color"
alias .ch_color .ch_color1
alias .ch_color1 "cl_crosshaircolor_r  32; cl_crosshaircolor_g 178; cl_crosshaircolor_b 170; alias .ch_color .ch_color2" //LightSeaGreen
alias .ch_color2 "cl_crosshaircolor_r 208; cl_crosshaircolor_g  32; cl_crosshaircolor_b 144; alias .ch_color .ch_color3" //VioletRed
alias .ch_color3 "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g   0; cl_crosshaircolor_b   0; alias .ch_color .ch_color4" //Red3
alias .ch_color4 "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias .ch_color .ch_color1" //White

bind F1 "buy ak47; buy m4a1"
bind F2 "buy mp5"
bind F3 "buy scout"
bind F4 "buy deagle"
bind F5 "buy vesthelm; buy defuser"
bind F6 "buy hegrenade"
bind F7 "buy flashbang"
bind F8 "buy smokegrenade"
bind F9 "buy decoy"
bind F10 "buy molotov; buy incgrenade"

rate 128000
cl_cmdrate 102
cl_updaterate 102
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 2

net_splitrate 3                //default 1
net_splitpacket_maxrate 25000  //default 15000

net_graph 1
net_graphheight 1040

sensitivity 2
m_rawinput 1
m_customaccel 0

volume 0.5
snd_musicvolume 0
voice_scale 0.5

sfcrosshair "0" //

cl_crosshairsize        "3"     // Std. 6   - Fadenkreuzgroesse (Strichlaenge) in Pixeln (Von einem 640x480 pixel grossen Raster ausgehend).
cl_crosshairthickness   "1"     // Std. 0.5 - Fadenkreuzdicke (Strichbreite) in Pixeln (Von einem 640x480 pixel grossen Raster ausgehend).
cl_crosshairdot         "1"     // Std. 0   - Punkt in der Mitte des Fadenkreuzes. Die Groesse entspricht cl_crosshairthickness.

cl_dynamiccrosshair     "1"     // 1=Fadenkreuz geht beim bewegen und schiessen auseinander.
                                // 0=Fadenkreuz geht nur beim Schiessen auseinander. 

cl_crosshairusealpha       "1"  // 0=Undurchsichtig  1=Wert der "Durchsichtigkeit" mit dem Befehl "cl_crosshairalpha" einstellbar.
cl_crosshairalpha        "255"  // 0=Komplett durchsichtig  255=Undurchsichtig

cl_crosshaircolor          "5"  // 0=Rot  1=Gruen  2=Gelb  3=Blau  4=Hellblau  5=Eigene Farbe
cl_crosshaircolor_r      "255"  // 0-255 Rotanteil
cl_crosshaircolor_g      "255"  // 0-255 Gruenanteil
cl_crosshaircolor_b      "255"  // 0-255 Blauanteil

mat_monitorgamma 2.1
mat_monitorgamma_tv_enabled   "1"

bind "/" "showconsole"                  // Konsole aufrufen.

bind "n" "toggle net_graph 0 1"         // NetGraph AN/AUS

bind "v" "toggle voice_scale .5 .25 0"   // Ingamevoice Lautstaerke: 50% / 25% / AUS

bind "o" "toggle mat_monitorgamma 2.6 2.1 1.6" //Helligkeit:  Dunkel / Mittel / Hell

hud_scaling 0.6 //default .75

viewmodel_offset_x "2"
viewmodel_offset_y "2"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"
viewmodel_fov "65"

cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt "0"
cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt "0"

cl_bob_lower_amt "5"
cl_bobamt_lat "0.1"
cl_bobamt_vert "0.1"
cl_bobcycle "2"

echo autoexec.cfg loaded
Greez KiloSwiss

Last edited by KiloSwiss: 07-17-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
Lansing

Thanks for your contribution KiloSwiss, some really good information.

I'm going to look into sv_maxrate more based on your post.
Lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #21
KiloSwiss

I will probalby make some tutorials for the Crosshair, Netsettings etc. in the future.
Eventually for the BETA, or maybe i will wait until CSGO is fully released.
We will see.

Greez KiloSwiss
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #22
S1L3nCe

Quote:
Let's go to the theory:
If You receive 66 Packets per second (TickRate 66), and each one is 1200 byte, Your bandwidth maximum of 30000bytes/second will not be enough.
Do the math:
66 x 1200 = 79200

This is only theoreticaly.
During matches with a max of ten players (5vs5) on TickRate 66 Servers You should be fine with rate 30000, but only as long as You are not playing on higher TickRate servers, or with a higher playercount (more slots).

For example TR 128
cl_updaterate 128 x max Packet size 1200bytes = 153600bytes/second
You will most likely not reach this Bandwidth usage, but You will exceed Your low bandwidth of 30000 very fast, even with a few players on the server.

So you should set rate to at least 80k or even higher if You play on Public or high TickRate Servers.
You seem to know this stuff pretty well. I have some doubts regarding sv config and rates.

In theory, if you want to handle 100 client command updates (cl_cmupdaterate) and 100 server updates (cl_updaterate) in a 100 tickrate server, the client must have a rate of 120000 bytes. That means a peak down/upload of 117,2 KBytes/s. Am I right? If that is the case then the server should be able to upload/download 117,2 x 10 in a 5v5 server, right?

My question is: why am I not having any choke on a 100 tickrate server with cmdrate/updaterate 100 rate 50000? I'm guessing it is because only a portion of those reserved 50 thousand bytes are used. I read something about the source network engine that might explain this "optimized" used of the reserved bandwidth but I would like you to clarify it with you:

Game data is compressed using delta compression to reduce network load. That means the server doesn't send a full world snapshot each time, but rather only changes(a delta snapshot) that happened since the last acknowledged update. With each packet sent between the client and server, acknowledge numbers are attached to keep track of their data flow. Usually full (non-delta) snapshots are only sent when a game starts or a client suffers from heavy packet loss for a couple of seconds. Clients can request a full snapshot manually with the cl_fullupdate command.

If all this is correct, that leads me to my final question: how much rate should be enough to handle a cl_cmdrate/cl_updaterate 100 in a tickrate 100 server?

Thank you for your time man. Your information was quite revealing!

PS: Oh, I nearly forgot to ask! I suppose that the more bytes/s you send the higher is the chance to increase your lag, right?

Last edited by S1L3nCe: 08-05-2012 at 10:08 PM.
S1L3nCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
KiloSwiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nCe View Post
In theory, if you want to handle 100 client command updates (cl_cmupdaterate) and 100 server updates (cl_updaterate) in a 100 tickrate server, the client must have a rate of 120000 bytes. That means a peak down/upload of 117,2 KBytes/s. Am I right? If that is the case then the server should be able to upload/download 117,2 x 10 in a 5v5 server, right?
In theory Yes.
Quote:
My question is: why am I not having any choke on a 100 tickrate server with cmdrate/updaterate 100 rate 50000? I'm guessing it is because only a portion of those reserved 50 thousand bytes are used.
Exactly this!

Quote:
If all this is correct, that leads me to my final question: how much rate should be enough to handle a cl_cmdrate/cl_updaterate 100 in a tickrate 100 server?
Tr100 is not common for CSGO.
Either play on TR64 or TR128 Servers.

Anyway: rate 80000 should be enough to handle the Data traffic on a TR128 Server up to, i would say ~24 Players.
I can't tell it exactly but from my experience, the bandwidth should not exceed if you use rate 80000 or more.
Avoid Servers who force a maxrate of 30k or something similar low!

Quote:
PS: Oh, I nearly forgot to ask! I suppose that the more bytes/s you send the higher is the chance to increase your lag, right?
Only if Your connection can't handle the data traffic and Your bandwidth exceeds.
Then You will have to lower Your cmdrate.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
EnYoFace

Banned
Give this guy some rep. I found by mistake that actually I can now use a lot more than for rate 30000. I had 40% choke until I used rate 200000 - 0% choke now, all smooth.

KiloSwiss I think it would be best to create new thread with this information.

Last edited by EnYoFace: 08-12-2012 at 01:05 PM.
EnYoFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
fabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnYoFace View Post
Give this guy some rep. I found by mistake that actually I can now use a lot more than for cl_updaterate 30000. I had 40% choke until I used cl_updaterate 200000 - 0% choke now, all smooth.

KiloSwiss I think it would be best to create new thread with this information.
I think you are talking about rate. The max value for cl_updaterate is 128.
fabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
EnYoFace

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabz View Post
I think you are talking about rate. The max value for cl_updaterate is 128.
Yeap.
EnYoFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #27
JohannAllag

autoexec

// +-------------+
// ¦ CONSOLE ¦-------------------------------------
// +-------------+

con_enable "1"
bind "'" "toggleconsole"
net_graph "1"
cl_showfps "0"

// +-------------+
// ¦ NETCODE ¦-------------------------------------
// +-------------+

rate "1048576
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_predictweapons "1"
clientport "1337"

viewmodel_fov "65"
viewmodel_offset_x "2"
viewmodel_offset_y "2"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"

cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt "0"
cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt "0"

cl_bob_lower_amt "0"
cl_bobamt_lat "0"
cl_bobamt_vert "0"

hud_scaling "1"
snd_mixahead "0.05"
mm_dedicated_search_maxping
cl_bobcycle "2"

fps_max 121
bind "p" "sv_cheats 1"
bind "l" "give weapon_hegrenade ; give weapon_flashbang ; give weapon_flashbang ; give weapon_smokegrenade"
bind "n" "say_team nw "
ignorerad "1"

// buyscript

bind "KP_PGDN" "buy galilar; buy famas"
bind "KP_DOWNARROW" "buy hkp2000"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "buy awp"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "buy mp7"
bind "KP_END" "buy deagle"
bind "KP_5" "buy m4a1; buy ak47"
bind "F1" "buy vest"
bind "F2" "buy vesthelm"
bind "F3" "buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy flashbang; buy flashbang"
bind "END" "buy defuser"
bind "KP_ENTER" "buy flashbang"
bind "KP_INS" "buy hegrenade"
bind "PGDN" "buy smokegrenade"
unbind "KP_SLASH"
unbind "KP_MULTIPLY"
unbind "KP_MINUS"

clear

echo
echo ""
echo "cfg loaded"
JohannAllag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #28
RayMD

http://MarkII.raymd.de/Configs/RayMD/valve.rc
RayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
KiloSwiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannAllag View Post
autoexec

rate "1048576
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_predictweapons "1" - def. 1 Useless to write this into the Config.
clientport "1337" - No coment

viewmodel_fov "65"
viewmodel_offset_x "2"
viewmodel_offset_y "2"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"
Why not use the new ViewmodelPosition presets from the Options Menu?
Code:
viewmodel_presetpos 3 //def. 1 - Viewmodel position preset:  1=Desktop  2=Couch  3=Classic - using viewmodel_offset_x viewmodel_y viewmodel_z viewmodel_fow
                      // 1 DESKTOP:  viewmodel_offset_x 1    viewmodel_offset_y 1  viewmodel_offset_z -1    viewmodel_fow 60
                      // 2 COUCH:    viewmodel_offset_x 0    viewmodel_offset_y 0  viewmodel_offset_z  0    viewmodel_fow 54
                      // 3 CLASSIC:  viewmodel_offset_x 2.5  viewmodel_offset_y 0  viewmodel_offset_z -1.5  viewmodel_fow 68

cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt "0" - def 1.5 min 0.5 max 2
cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt "0" - def 0.75 min 0.25 max 2

cl_bob_lower_amt "0" - def. 21 min. 5 max. 30
cl_bobamt_lat "0" - def. 0.4 min. 0.1 max. 2
cl_bobamt_vert "0" - def. 0.25 min. 0.1 max. 2

hud_scaling "1" - def. 1 Useless to write this into the Config.
snd_mixahead "0.05"
mm_dedicated_search_maxping - value?
cl_bobcycle "2"

fps_max 121
bind "p" "sv_cheats 1"
bind "l" "give weapon_hegrenade ; give weapon_flashbang ; give weapon_flashbang ; give weapon_smokegrenade"
bind "n" "say_team nw "
ignorerad "1" - ignorerad is a command not a CVAR, therefore it has no value but has to be re-entered after every mapchange/reconnect to the server.
Added comments in Orange.
Hope they are helpful for You to optimize Your config.

@RayMD
rate "38400" - Use the default value of 80000 if You have DSL1000, DSL2000 or a higher bandwidth connection.
Otherwise use a lower updaterate, because this way, You will most likely exceed the Bandwith of 38400bytes/s when requesting 128 Update Packets from the Server.
The more players on the same Server with You the more Bandwidth will be used, so avoid 16, 24 or more Player Servers with this low rate setting or just set it higher, to the standard value.

Your Crosshairsettings are totally mixed up which makes no sense.
Have a look at this Thread and choose one of the Crosshairstyles:
-> [INFO] Crosshair Customization

w10 - This is a "unknown command" for the Game, as long as this alias is not defined somewhere in the config.
Anyway CSGO threads the "wait" command also as "unknown command", maybe it gets reactivatet on the full release, because sv_allow_wait_command is still a valid CVAR for Servers.

Greez KiloSwiss

Last edited by KiloSwiss: 08-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #30
RayMD

@KiloSwiss: thanks for the rate recommendation. I have ADSL2+ 16k here, so I will change rate to 80000.

regarding the crosshair: why does it make no sense? I use a very small red dot as crosshair. And the wait command should be removed yeah, my fault. copied from my 1.6 config and edited for csgo not completely. thanks for the hint.
RayMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive