Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Larry1212

DayZ won't work, beta patch won't install

Getting the "Wrong CD Key" error when I try to install the latest beta patch. A small box saying "ARMA RTF: Wrong CD Key" pops up. When I start the game in Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead or Arma 2: Combined Operations NO version of the game is updated with the beta patch. When I click on the "OK" button after I get the Wrong CD Key error it proceeds to show me this:

Code:
Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.
Verifying ArmA2 OA, version 1.61...
ArmA2 OA patch 1.61 has been applied successfully.
This comes up instantly. No delay, nothing processed or installed, nothing. When I check the game, it still shows the latest STEAM version of the game in the bottom left and when I go to multiplayer and try check DayZ servers it shows as having the wrong patch.

I've tried uninstalling Arma 2 completely and reinstalling it but I still get the CD Key error. How can I fix this?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Larry1212

Nevermind... Looks like the only way DayZ will work is through the Six Updater and not STEAM. :/
Larry1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Ric666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1212 View Post
Nevermind... Looks like the only way DayZ will work is through the Six Updater and not STEAM. :/
Once you update through six updater, you can then launch it through steam. I do this myself. you'll need to overwrite the original launch exe with the beta one & it will work fine.

Not sure about the key problem though. I've never had this myself.
Ric666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Gutlesswonder

right click the beta installer and install as admin. Always delete any previous beta folder.
Gutlesswonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Larry1212

Sorry for the bump but I can't add the Six Launcher to STEAM. It just gives me an error and I can't find the ARMA II beta launcher to add to STEAM. I bought ARMA II combined operations via STEAM. For whatever reason the beta patch patches fine through Six Updater(I'm guessing) and I can play DayZ through Six Launcher but if I start from STEAM I can't play DayZ at all. It's annoying when i'm trying to join up with a friend. Constantly have to alt tab to use chat.
Larry1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
schrecksek

Exclamation rtfm !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1212 View Post
Sorry for the bump but I can't add the Six Launcher to STEAM. It just gives me an error and I can't find the ARMA II beta launcher to add to STEAM. I bought ARMA II combined operations via STEAM. For whatever reason the beta patch patches fine through Six Updater(I'm guessing) and I can play DayZ through Six Launcher but if I start from STEAM I can't play DayZ at all. It's annoying when i'm trying to join up with a friend. Constantly have to alt tab to use chat.
afaik dayz isnt playable through steam (and why would you want to?)....you just go to the mods homepage (http://dayzmod.com/ surprisingly), click the upper left "install dayz", follow the instructions (install sixupdater, sixlauncher, run them , install and update your files, launch it through the sixlauncher, select a server, play, die, die, die, die, find a hatchet and jump for joy, die...*g*)

maaaaaaan, it´s really not _that_ hard o_0 ....and for questions feel free to contact one of the million forums for dayz....it is not a game you bought, it´s a free mod (but it is better supported than many games i bought ) so you might need help installing it and getting it to run. if you invest about 15 minutes of time in reading i think a 3 year old can do it. and before you start it always click the verify-button in the sixlauncher, so you can be sure it´s at the actual version.
schrecksek is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead