Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
bombsonengland

Question Steam Store Issues?

I've been having major issues with the steam store since last night, and I just wanted to post a thread to find out if anyone else is as well. I haven't seen anyone around the internet commenting that the Steam store isn't working for them, so I want to try to figure out if it is something on my end.

Symptoms:

Browsers take an extremely long time to connect to the steam website, and once they do, images and the full page do not load at all.

This happens in my Steam Browser, as well as Google Chrome on two separate computers.

Ping to store.steampowered.com on both is around 100ms, no packet loss.

Any ideas? Or anyone else having this issue?

Edit: People who are having problems with getting the store to load at all seem to be concentrated in Florida on the Brighthouse Internet Service Provider (see multiple people in this thread). If you are on Brighthouse in Florida, go ahead and let us know here so we can figure out how many people we have.

Some of us are on Live Chat / Emailing them / Calling to bug them about it, and we will probably need to do a fair amount of that to get them to do anything.

Edit 2: There's a Reddit Thread about the issue now too, help us upvote it so more people see it! http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...south_eastern/

Edit 3: Link for Live Chat with Roadrunner to bug them about it: http://help.rr.com/HMSLogic/rrchat.a...e=TW-CentralFL

Edit 4: Most people are reporting that it is fixed! Thanks for everyone in the thread who helped harass Brighthouse!

Last edited by bombsonengland: 07-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Xesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombsonengland View Post
I've been having major issues with the steam store since last night, and I just wanted to post a thread to find out if anyone else is as well. I haven't seen anyone around the internet commenting that the Steam store isn't working for them, so I want to try to figure out if it is something on my end.

Symptoms:

Browsers take an extremely long time to connect to the steam website, and once they do, images and the full page do not load at all.

This happens in my Steam Browser, as well as Google Chrome on two separate computers.

Ping to store.steampowered.com on both is around 100ms, no packet loss.

Any ideas? Or anyone else having this issue?
All I can suggest is try deleting cookies and temporary internet files?
Xesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
arestice

I can't even make a purchase, I keep getting An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

Bummer, now I haven't been able to buy anything on sale this morning.
arestice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
snb

I've been getting 404's on every page of the store for the last hour or so. None of my UK buddies are though. I'm in Germany if that helps.
snb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
Captain Morti

Maybe the Steamstore was under heavy load in that time.
Captain Morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
bombsonengland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesu View Post
All I can suggest is try deleting cookies and temporary internet files?
Thanks for the suggestion. This didn't help, but I want to make sure I try everything on my end so I can be sure its an issue with Steam.

I definitely understand that the Steam Store is overloaded during the summer sale, but this is the longest its gone on for me now, for almost 12 hours now.

Interestingly enough, I get similar bad pings to forums.steampowered.com (around 150 to 200ms). Pings to other sites are fine.
bombsonengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Gnu UK

Yesterday & initially this morning.

Go to Summer Sale
Add sale item to basket
Click 'I'm purchasing for myself' button
Get taken immediately back to Summer Sale page - with no frigging purchase!

Now repeat the loop above until you are jarateed off.

Raise a ticket with support, as it is a time limited sale. 24 hours later no reply to ticket, and sale item expired 22.5 hours previously.

Result = Massive irritation
Gnu UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
bombsonengland

Haha I know it's no consolation to those of us having issues, but I AM glad to know it isn't just me and I don't need to go screw around with my router settings just yet.

Luckily I already blew waaay too much money in the first days of the sale and got alot of the games I wanted, so nothing I'm dying for is on sale right now.

Anyway, I don't know if there is an official thread for this issue yet, but if anyone figures out a workaround or something post it here!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
arestice

Tried two different computers and tried through my browser to purchase (chrome). Guess I wont be getting Sword of the Stars Collection, sent steam a ticket just now.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #10
bombsonengland

Just for the hell of it, I tried Internet Explorer and Firefox as well, still no dice on either of those.

Just a question for everyone else having issues - is the Store page itself loading fine for you? Like, are you able to see all the images for the games, prices, timers, etc, and just can't buy the game itself from the purchase page?

I'm asking because even the main page (store.steampowered.com) won't load for me - I just get a bunch of broken thumbnail icons all over the page. If I try to click on an item to go to the game page it won't even load for me.

Here's hoping stuff is fixed in the next couple hours before the dailies switch!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
arestice

No, everything loads fine and quickly for me. I just can't purchase anything. (US-East here)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #12
MADDOGGE

They just finished some maintenance.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
Gnu UK

I see everything, and actually made a purchase about an hour ago, I could get to the credit card page via the Steam application and via a browser, after a few attempts.

I finally made my purchase via the Steam application, though the system HAD forgotten my card details.

I had no such luck yesterday. I even made a You-Tube video of the problem, and added it to my ticket. Perhaps in the hope that when they eventually get around to answering my ticket, they will see the time ticking away for the sale item, my attempts to purchase it, and hopefully the opportunity to buy it now AT THE SALE PRICE, because it was their system failure, not mine.
Gnu UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #14
bombsonengland

Hmm, so seems like my issue is somewhat different than everyone else's.

For what it's worth I am US East as well - I wonder if this some kind of regional issue? I figure whatever information we can have in this thread will be useful if someone is taking a look at it.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
FrossetMareritt

Yup, East coast here and I haven't been able to properly see the store for 12 hours now. I've checked on multiple computers and browsers in my house using both normal and private browsing mode and I still can't pull up the store page.

I can see the sales with the mobile store, but I can't login to purchase or vote at all.
FrossetMareritt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips