Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series

Old 07-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
MediocreJoe

Error #15: Here is a fix if you have this problem..

For the life of me I could not get Trine to run. No directx or physx issue. I just kept noticing a command prompt would appear for 1 second and disappear every time I launched trine. Well it turns out my system kept closing the game due to "OMP: Error #15: Initializing libiomp5.so, but found libguide.so already initialized"?

If you have never heard of that don't worry, google only turned up 1 page of results meaning this obviously isn't a common issue. HOWEVER if you do happen to have a very fast closing command prompt show up for this or any other game really with Error #15 I have found the answer! Works perfectly now.

"Why am I getting this error "OMP: Error #15: Initializing libiomp5.so, but found libguide.so already initialized"?

This error usually happens if the "KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK" environmental variable is not correctly set. You can solve this by following these steps:

On Windows: Go to, Control Panel and double click on System. Then, select the Advanced tab in the System Properties window. Click Environmental Variables at the bottom of the dialog box, and in the System Variables section, click New. Enter the variable name KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK (name must contain capital letters and underscores). Then, enter the variable value TRUE and click OK. Click OK to close Environmental Variables, and click OK again to close System Properties.
On Linux: Set the environment variable: export KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE or in csh, setenv KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK TRUE"

Source: http://www.genarts.com/support/sapph...r-ofx#SA6OFX25
Old 07-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
This is indeed a very tricky bug - but we did have a solution to this had you asked. Your suggested solution is probably better in the long term, but I'll post mine as well:

--
Basically, run this in command prompt in the Trine folder:

set KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE
trine.exe

Or alternatively, use this bat file:
http://www.trine-thegame.com/help/Trine_launch_bat.zip

and copy the zip to the Trine game folder, unzip, and then run Trine_launch_bat
--

Nevertheless, happy to hear you got it solved, and I hope you enjoy the game!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series