Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
gogiel

Game doesn't run smooth despite 60FPS

Spec:
Core i5 2500K,
8GB RAM,
NV GTX 460

Setting - all high.
Game runs at const. 60FPS (or more without v-sync) but it feels sluggish and doesn't run smoothly. Anyone had that problem?
Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Pim Pandoer

ive had this problem ever since the mac update. game worked absolutely fine before. now it looks like and runs like crap. why the pc version would get ruined by the mac update is still a mystery to me, but hopefully they will fix it someday. still havent finished serious sam because of this.
Pim Pandoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Solais

1. Do you have SSAA turned on? Turn off if so. This is what the Mac update "screwed up", as in, fixed, because SSAA was not working at all till that update.

2. You can try switching off vsynch and using triple buffering. I heard that can help, nut this is really just what I heard and dunno if there's a setting in the options.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
Pim Pandoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
1. Do you have SSAA turned on? Turn off if so. This is what the Mac update "screwed up", as in, fixed, because SSAA was not working at all till that update.

2. You can try switching off vsynch and using triple buffering. I heard that can help, nut this is really just what I heard and dunno if there's a setting in the options.
i turned off SSAA, and that seems to have helped the lag. but we are still left with the problem that this game looks like molten on the roadside now. what did they up? wheres my glow? is it ever coming back? never had a single problem with this game before the mac update, graphical or otherwise.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
Solais

What is it that looks bad? I can't see that without pictures. And what is your glow?
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
Pim Pandoer

lol it doesnt look outright bad, but it looked alot better before. anywho, its of little importance now, since i just decided to go ahead and finish the game. quite rewarding really, i LOVED that last boss.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Gozer_

I'm having this same issue and I have super sampling aa off.

Any ideas?
Gozer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
timmybus

The lowest graphics settings runs with the same fps/lag as the highest graphics settings, I smell bad coding. Shame because its a really good game.
timmybus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE