Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
punkboy459

Skyrim With Friends Like These Kill Astrid or Captive?

Which one is worth it to kill Astrid or the Captives? This is very confusing I want to know their background what the good sides and the bad sides?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
shadenox

I would presume the most morally correct choice would be to kill the assassin. AKA Astrid.

Though joining the Dark Brotherhood is infinetly more fun then slaughtering it, to me anyway. As for the captives, pick one, or three, you can talk to them. But you wont get too many details.

In the end you'll just have to pick something.

Last edited by shadenox: 07-18-2012 at 07:39 AM.
shadenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Mephitic

At this late stage of the release cycle, I'm not sure there is still value in spoiler tags but etiquette dictates that we use them:

If you kill Astrid:
Spoiler:
She will exclaim "Well done." and die, leaving you her dagger (the Blade of Woe). You can then free the captives and will be instructed to report Astrid's death. When you do that you will be asked to kill the remaining members of the Dark Brotherhood. When that is done you will get occasional attaboys from city guards and no more surprise attacks from assassins.

If you kill one of the captives:
Spoiler:
It doesn't matter which one, the result is the same. You will be inducted into the Dark Brotherhood and asked to perform tasks for them. Since they are an assassin squad, that means murdering people throughout Skyrim. Rewards include Shadowmere (a cool demon horse).
Mephitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
punkboy459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephitic View Post
At this late stage of the release cycle, I'm not sure there is still value in spoiler tags but etiquette dictates that we use them:

If you kill Astrid:
Spoiler:
She will exclaim "Well done." and die, leaving you her dagger (the Blade of Woe). You can then free the captives and will be instructed to report Astrid's death. When you do that you will be asked to kill the remaining members of the Dark Brotherhood. When that is done you will get occasional attaboys from city guards and no more surprise attacks from assassins.

If you kill one of the captives:
Spoiler:
It doesn't matter which one, the result is the same. You will be inducted into the Dark Brotherhood and asked to perform tasks for them. Since they are an assassin squad, that means murdering people throughout Skyrim. Rewards include Shadowmere (a cool demon horse).
Thank you for the information I think I know what I'll do now!
punkboy459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Brandybuck

One course of action leads you on to a full faction questline, and one of the more interesting ones in the game. The other course of action lets you remain non-evil but is only one quest and not nearly as interesting. As the old saying goes, evil throws much better parties than good.

Of course, to get to that choice you have to kill an innocent woman, so you've already lost that "Paragon Of Virtue" title just by being in the same room as Astrid. I hate Grelod just as much as the next kid, but she didn't do anything to justify her murder.

p.s. I liked Oblivion better, where you could be approached by the Dark Brotherhood merely for accidentally killing a bystander. I wanted to play the morally good character who went around helping people. It was a huge letdown to be constantly greeted by guards as a murderer just because some nitwit NPC soldier ran in front of me just as I loosed a filebolt during the Battle of Kvatch.
Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
Kailieann

Kill all of the captives.
Kailieann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
TheSagetEffect

If you want to become a member of the Dark Brotherhood, kill a captive. You will become an assassin.

If you want to remain morally pure, kill Astrid and you can even take up a quest to destroy the Brotherhood.
TheSagetEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
shadenox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailieann View Post
Kill all of the captives.
Kill ALL the captives except for the Khajiit, too obvious.
shadenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
bmp1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadenox View Post
Kill ALL the captives except for the Khajiit, too obvious.
I always kill the woman - she's such a B*tch.
bmp1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
RedLegZeff

Um, is it just me or does anyone get flashbacks to men in black. You've got a confessed mercenary that gets out of hand and kills people. A theif, who also confesses to killing. And you have the woman who just claims to be a single mother of 6 kids. I think astrids test is to kill someone, but at least 2 of the choices seem really deserving. A choice of killing a condemned criminal who really deserves to die to prove your worth. So why the woman? Just cause she's kinda b*tchy? She comments she has 6 kids. There are 4 of the kid sized wall shackles the kind grelod had. And 2 other cages to hold people/kids in. Several blood stains on the wall. I think the place you're in is alea quintus' house. Just saying. Though that also might be the anti obvious choice twist side of me coming out. Just curious why no one wonders about this house.
RedLegZeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #11
sir_blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandybuck View Post
p.s. I liked Oblivion better, where you could be approached by the Dark Brotherhood merely for accidentally killing a bystander. I wanted to play the morally good character who went around helping people. It was a huge letdown to be constantly greeted by guards as a murderer just because some nitwit NPC soldier ran in front of me just as I loosed a filebolt during the Battle of Kvatch.
or by doing quests for that arena guy finding out his heritage so he throws the fight as he's not fighting back its considerd murdering an innocent in their eyes some how so you get an invite to their guild without having to murder anyone lol
sir_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V