Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires III

Old 07-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Juls483

AOE Complete not letting me access expansions

I just bought AOE Complete and this is my first time using Steam. I launched the game and although the intro shows asian dynasties and warchiefs, when the game actually opens up, I only have the option to choose from the European colonies. Also, when I launched the game, it never asked for my key. I did have the basic version of AOE installed on my computer with the Warchiefs expansion before I installed the Steam version, and I never uninstalled my original version. Could that have interferred with my Steam installation?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
Slaizt

Yes, it most likely have interfered. Fully uninstall the old installation and then re-download the Complete Collection from Steam and you should be prompted to enter a CD-key when you run it the first time.
Not sure if there is a simpler way to do it... Good luck!
Slaizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
MS Ryz0n

Microsoft Games Studios
As Slaizt mentioned, you'll want to make sure to fully uninstall the game from your machine prior to installing via steam. Also with regards to specific civs, when you launch TAD - try playing a skirmish game and see if it allows you to play all civs or just a select few.
MS Ryz0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires III