Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series

Old 07-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
Ravenheart77

Farcry 1 reflection.

I truely hate whoever designed the checkpoint system for this game. The cheapness and massive frustration of this game FAR overshadow any enjoyability this game could potentially have. I've been trying to overcome the same checkpoint on the River level (level 16) now for two days with no progress. No game needs to go this ing long between savepoints.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
zodaex

Bad games are bad.
zodaex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Karmatic

it's a hard game....that's the best part about it. Not to sound like a d0uch3 here, but if the game's too hard, play Call of Duty...they do a good job of holding your hands there.

The thing about the River level, is there is also land on each side of the river that you can travel on. You don't always have to be in a boat on the water.......or just simply change your plan of attack. It's not a very long level, and i think there are, what, 6 checkpoints in that level.

if it's against the helicopter you are stuck...just take out the gunner. Takes about 2 seconds.
Karmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
SPG

Don't keep doing it the same way over and over. Change tactics. But if you just can't get past it, here is a little secret...

Quick Save and Load
There is no official quicksave, but you can get around this by doing the following: Open the console ingame with the tilde button and to save type in \save_game quicksave (you can name it whatever you want) Press enter and close console. To quickload that save, open the console and type in \load_game quicksave. Press enter and close console. Don't forget the backslash at the beginning or it won't work. The game continues as you do this, so pick a safe place.
SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Karmatic

Quicksaving takes all the fun out of it......i personally think you get more of a sense of accomplishment is you beat it without....hence why i don't quicksave in any game.
Karmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Ravenheart77

Thank you all very much for the advice and encouragement. I finally got passed that part using the quick save trick. The game is actually enjoyable now; without massive frustration. I'm on the factory level.
Ravenheart77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series