Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 07-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
FrozenFireBug

Place all of your E.Y.E suggestions here!

Post your E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy ideas here. I suggest giving the medkit a very slow passive regeneration.

Last edited by FrozenFireBug: 03-11-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Zurp 2.0

That would be pretty nice.
Zurp 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Amarantamin

As it stands, I make a habit of charging the med-kit when the enemies die down. Otherwise, I have to crouch in a corner in stealth, or turn on the Dermal Sheath (Thanks for suggesting that Zurp, that sheath is a game-changer), to get a heal in mid-battle.

A slow charge while inactive would be nice, if it did not completely replace the regular charge while held. Then the med-kit would more often be ready for one quick use mid-battle, without having to drain energy reserves hiding and recharging it. And it still wouldn't be game-breaking, since the med-kit's recharge wouldn't be fast enough to spam it.

I like that idea too.
Amarantamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Eidolon108

You can block with any of the swords, and you can also sprint at the same time. This is great when you're closing the distance on an enemy that's shooting you so you can take a swing at them.

You can also block when wielding a sword + pistol by moving backwards and holding down the attack button. However, if you start sprinting, you stop blocking. I'd like a way to block and sprint while wielding the sword and pistol combo. Perhaps a seperate keybind option specifically for blocking, or perhaps just make it so you continue to hold your block even if you're sprinting, so long as you hold the attack button down.
_________

There's that cool psi-blast you can do by holding shift and clicking attack when you have a ranged weapon out, which tends to decimate enemies in an area around you. However, you can't do that when you have a melee weapon out. An option to keybind the psi-blast would be pretty cool, and it would be handy when you're surrounded with a melee weapon out.
_________

A silenced pistol would be sweet. Especially if it could be combo'd with the sword (Are you seeing a pattern here? I really like sword + pistol).

Last edited by Eidolon108: 07-21-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: clarification
Eidolon108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Zurp 2.0

Plasma weapons.

We've seen them on the Interceptors, now we've seen them on the Special Forces, we still don't have any of our own to use. I guess they probably don't currently have their own model, but it would be nice to see them some time.

My understanding of the lore is that they're deadly against people and vehicles, but ineffective against the Metastreumonic Force. Would be a nice tradeoff option for players.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
FrozenFireBug

I'd also like to see a Flamethrower of sorts added.

What I'm thinking is that it could be a minigun with limited range and the inability to headshot, but at the same time it would have splash damage and would ignite enemies for a short amount of time (not indefinitely like the psi blast). It would be listed as a Heavy weapon.
FrozenFireBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Amarantamin

More options for stealthy characters.

Currently we have a Stealth Cloak, but it seems as soon as that turns off, the enemies know right where to find you, even if you are in a hiding spot. Implementing some sort of line of sight and sound system might help. It could also give the mostly-ignored Agility stat some much-needed love, where a higher-agility player is harder to detect when crouching. Other current game mechanics, like Speed Malus, could affect this as well.

Additionally, if stealthed, it's currently set so that as soon as you kill one enemy, even with a silenced weapon, the rest instantly know where you are. Something to throw them into 'search mode' instead of instantly catching you would be nice (using the aforementioned line of sight/sound mechanics, agility stat, etc).
Old 07-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
Zurp 2.0

@Amarantamin

The default AI seems to be generally unaware of you if you kill enemies quickly with the Motra. Not sure if this is always the case but it seems to happen a fair amount.

That said more stealth options would be nice. Especially on Ghost + SBO mode, where combat is incredibly lethal.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
colin8seven

make 12 player coop non-impossible.
pls
colin8seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #10
Amarantamin

Colin, a large part of the problem is the coordination and cooperation of the team. Some mission objectives will not trigger unless the team is all together. Likewise, some objectives will not spawn if there is anyone near the spawn point, so if everyone is spread out all over the map, they will not spawn at all.

In order for large teams to work, they need to cooperate and stick together as much as possible. Splitting up for marked objectives is fine, but if say a mission comes to kill a Jian squad and they're just not spawning, the problem is usually that the group needs to come together at a certain point so the game can decide where to spawn them. It will not spawn the squad next to a location where somebody already is, even if 11 team members are grouped and 1 is wandering on his own.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #11
Salamatiqus

I suggest Streumon to merge patch history thread in one changelog thread and "Launching issue" and "Crashes" to known issues thread.
Salamatiqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
Ghostdog

When returning to base after a mission, notice that any part-used clips are refilled, but completely used clips are not replaced. Personally would like it if returning to base restored your loadout (including clips) from the last time you visited an armoury.

Would also be really nice to be able to create a number of preset loadouts that could be switched in the armoury by pressing the corresponding number key.
Ghostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Nijay

Stats & Hacking Stats & Inventory

Right now, any upgrades you research that increase your stats or penalties from fatal wounds that decrease your stats - I think even broken legs, possibly, count toward the cost of the next skill point. It seems odd to me that you could make a better character by dying a lot and waiting to research everything until you are done leveling (not sure about a max level...can you go over 50?) Also, is there a max to stats? I dunno. But my suggestion is to separate the baseline stats and the modifications to stats for purposes of cost calculations for the next stat point.

The hacking system might benefit from a sub-stat/subcharacter that allowed customization of the strength of your various viruses or how fast they load. If you made each virus a stat, and allowed players to assign points equal to their hacking power & speed stats across all the viruses, you could end up with a range of 1-10 in each stat, assuming 100 is a max stat or by placing an artificial cap or by adding additional categories. This could be applied to the targets just like NPC's with AI that played to their strengths. So instead of the same-old-same-old overpower/scan/mask until attack > defense AI, maybe some variety could take seed.

With the inventory, I am level 21 and have yet to feel the need to buy anything from a store. No doubt the skyships will change my mind on that point. But I would like to see upgrades available to all weapons, not what research gives, but actual upgrades to the stats of the weapons.
Nijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
Zurp 2.0

Stats max at 120. I exploited fatal wounds on one of my characters to get him to 120 in all stats.

You really should buy stuff from the store. Specifically the Bear Killer 444 and the Motra. Both are fantastic weapons. The Bear Killer 444 is your go-to weapon for killing vehicles and really tough enemies. The Motra is silenced, wall piercing, and armour piercing, and is basically superior to all the assault rifles.

Both weapons fit in leg slots.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
Amarantamin

Yeah, I just started using the Motra in place of the KA93, and love it. Silenced one-hit headshots everywhere!

If I may suggest, switch it to its single-fire mode (default hotkey F), that way it can save bullets. Between the silencer and proper use of the cloak, it's practically one-kill-per-bullet. Rather amazing!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy