Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy

Old 07-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Tuckie

Game-breaking glitch

I didn't know how to describe the problem, so here's a video from some random person on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rJePFBIics
The meat boy just keeps hitting the ground making jumping a lot harder

I am sorry if this has been sorted out before, I've tried to do a search of my own but found no solution.

Last edited by Tuckie: 07-22-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Chernoobyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckie View Post
I didn't know how to describe the problem, so here's a video from some random person on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rJePFBIics
The meat boy just keeps hitting the ground making jumping a lot harder

I am sorry if this has been sorted out before, I've tried to do a search of my own but found no solution.
That does look like a bit of an issue. I'll start with the obvious.. have you verified integrity of the game cache and/or defragmented files?
Chernoobyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Tuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernoobyl View Post
That does look like a bit of an issue. I'll start with the obvious.. have you verified integrity of the game cache and/or defragmented files?
I did, I also wanted to uninstall the game, but it is prevented because another application (SMB level editor) uses the files. Thus, I tried manually, then re-downloaded, but the problem persisted. I should also note the game runs about 10-times faster in the menu, everything's sped up a lot.
Tuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Chernoobyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckie View Post
I did, I also wanted to uninstall the game, but it is prevented because another application (SMB level editor) uses the files. Thus, I tried manually, then re-downloaded, but the problem persisted. I should also note the game runs about 10-times faster in the menu, everything's sped up a lot.
Sadly what I mentioned above was all the ideas I had. This game does have quite a few glitches though. Wish you the best of luck on your quest for an answer.
Chernoobyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Tuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernoobyl View Post
Sadly what I mentioned above was all the ideas I had. This game does have quite a few glitches though. Wish you the best of luck on your quest for an answer.
And I thank you for your time and advice, fellow Steam user
Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
moosenukes

Make sure you don't have anything forcing vsync off such as Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Tray Tools. SMB's physics depend on the game running at 60 FPS and things start breaking if it gets too high or low.
moosenukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
Tuckie

Man, I fixed it! You were right about the problem being the high framerate, I checked all the applications but didn't find any Vsync operations. So, I tried to run the game in a window to see if it would change anything. And it did! So thanks for the tips, guys!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #8
Copper_Blimp

Windowed mode has fixed this problem only partly for me. It works a lot of the time, but sometimes the FPS will dip and meatboy will start doing whatever it is he's doing in that video. Can't jump. It's killed me a bunch.
Copper_Blimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy