Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 07-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Torigoma

SKSE and SkyUI

I am using the files from http://skse.silverlock.org/ in order to use this Mod,
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...22&searchtext=

Now I googled how to install the SKSE and I found this answer,
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8091745AAiLaGI

However, the SKSE file from the first link as far more files than just the .exe and .dll
So what do I do to make sure SkyUI will work? will those two files be enough? or are there other files in that folder that I need.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
sarojz

Inside the zipped up files are instructions from the authors, make sure you follower them to the letter or you will have issues. If you do that will AND you have no unforseen problems irrespective of SkyUI or skse them everything should work fine.
sarojz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Torigoma

<_<.....I have no idea how I missed that Readme ROFL, thanks.
Torigoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Breton Warrior

You unzip the download (you have obviously been able to do that) and then copy the entire "contents" of the unzipped folder and paste the lot into the Skyrim Folder. Everything goes in including the Data Folder that's in there, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the original Data Folder just click yes. All it does is add some extra files of its own into Data, nothing will get changed.

After doing that make a shortcut to the SKSE-Launcher.exe on the desktop as you will be starting Skyrim with that from now on.

BTW using the SKSE Launcher skips the normal Options/Data Files Splash Screen so to check for Mod Load Order, Changing Graphic Settings or installing a new Mod from the Workshop you do need to start the game as you would normally. But starting normally does not start SKSE so watch out it can muddle you at first if you start with the normal Beth Launcher as you will be going "but, but, my SKSE stuff isn't working????" Easy mistake to do, I'm sure nearly all of us have done it once or twice, me? I've done it loads of times, He He.

Good Luck BW
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Shadowblade001

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torigoma View Post

However, the SKSE file from the first link as far more files than just the .exe and .dll

So what do I do to make sure SkyUI will work? will those two files be enough? or are there other files in that folder that I need.
There are lots of extra files in there for developers and there are also scripts to do with weather and horses and all sorts. You don't need those if you just want SKSE to use SkyUI; just the dll and the exe, IIRC. The readme can be confusing - I had to edit a copy to make my own instructions. It's 2nd nature to modders, but they forget that some idiots (like me) need specific, step-by-step instructions until we are used to the game and how the mods work. "Unzip into your game folder" wasn't even enough for me. Game folder? Which one's that?!?

Good call on SkyUI, by the way. If you like that, you should really try Categorized Favorites Menu. For me, I can't recommend these two mods highly enough.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4862#content

~.~
Shadowblade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Breton Warrior

That's interesting stuff Shadowblade001 about the additional files that you do not need just for SkyUI (and possibly Catagorised Fav's maybe Yes/No???)

Weather and Horses? got to admit I just dump the whole lot in as I always did with FO3, no Horses in that one, he he. Weather and Horses what the heck does it do with the horses, or are you pulling my ????, He He
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Shadowblade001

Banned
Hee-Haw!

I wouldn't mislead anyone! I still remember some bright spark posting when I was stuck on an ice floe with 3000 lbs of gear that if you went into sneak mode, drew a weapon, side-stepped with A or D I'd be super-fast. Instead I couldn't move at all! I let that one go as a joke and didn't post my displeasure with whichever idiot it was.

But really, there are scripts in there and if you put them in ~Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts, when you load the game some text comes up saying things like Weather enabled and something about better horse combat. But I took them out as I didn't know what they did. I think they are just script mods the SKSE guys made.

~
Shadowblade001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Torigoma

Yep, looks like it's working now. Thanks for all the help everyone ^_^.
Torigoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V