Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka

Old 07-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Quxudica

Multiplayer Problem, looking for help

I'm trying to play this with my better half but we are bothing having the same issue. On the online game screen we can see a ton of games, but we cannot see a game we make - she can't see mine and I can't see hers. I tried having her connect to my game using my IP address, but it only gave her a connecting messege then threw her back to the game select screen.

Any help?

Edit: I'
m guessing this is a port forwarding problem. I've checked my router and it looks like (from the best of my very limited knowledge) that I should have the entire range of ports open that I need. Assuming that is correct, would she not be able to see my game if hers are not forwarded correctly?

Last edited by Quxudica: 07-21-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
swanreaper

Interestingly enough, my better half and I have had a similar problem. However, forwarding the ports has done nothing to fix it.
swanreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #3
Gkarful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quxudica View Post
I'm trying to play this with my better half but we are bothing having the same issue. On the online game screen we can see a ton of games, but we cannot see a game we make - she can't see mine and I can't see hers. I tried having her connect to my game using my IP address, but it only gave her a connecting messege then threw her back to the game select screen.

Any help?

Edit: I'
m guessing this is a port forwarding problem. I've checked my router and it looks like (from the best of my very limited knowledge) that I should have the entire range of ports open that I need. Assuming that is correct, would she not be able to see my game if hers are not forwarded correctly?

Try to FULL UNBLOCK Magicka in windows firewall.
Gkarful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 AM   #4
swanreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkarful View Post
Try to FULL UNBLOCK Magicka in windows firewall.
Is there a difference between fully unblocking something and the normal unblocked setting? I have Magicka unblocked by default, when I go through the control panel and look at the "allowed programs" under the Firewall.
swanreaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka