Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gotham City Impostors

Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
vipersnake52

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request."

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request.
Please try again in a few minutes."

Well its been hours!

I bought this game for $5 on the sale and it will always come up with this error when the files are preparing to install.
And trust me I don't give up easily. I tried installing about 50 times and tried all of the solutions online. Deleting client.blob, deleting all gotham city impostors related files in steamapps and steamapps/common, trying different download regions, deleting all steam files except steam.exe and steamapps, using a steamfilter to force a different download region.

One of the solutions said to delete all of the .ncf gotham city files in the steamapps but i didn't even have any

Any tips?

Last edited by vipersnake52: 07-22-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
Remember Pluto

Change your download location. That may help.
Remember Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
DemonicJawa

I'm having the exact same problem. It's been over a day and I keep getting the same message.
DemonicJawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
DemonicJawa

Solved the issue by deleting everything related to Gotham City Imposters in steamapps and re-launching steam. Hit install again and now it's finally working.
DemonicJawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Starphire

Thx for coming back and posting your fix. 'grats man for finding a solution.
Starphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
vipersnake52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Pluto View Post
Change your download location. That may help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipersnake52 View Post
I tried installing about 50 times and tried all of the solutions online. Deleting client.blob, deleting all gotham city impostors related files in steamapps and steamapps/common, trying different download regions, deleting all steam files except steam.exe and steamapps, using a steamfilter to force a different download region.
Quote:
I tried installing about 50 times and tried all of the solutions online. Deleting client.blob, deleting all gotham city impostors related files in steamapps and steamapps/common, trying different download regions, deleting all steam files except steam.exe and steamapps, using a steamfilter to force a different download region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicJawa View Post
Solved the issue by deleting everything related to Gotham City Imposters in steamapps and re-launching steam. Hit install again and now it's finally working.
Quote:
I tried installing about 50 times and tried all of the solutions online. Deleting client.blob, deleting all gotham city impostors related files in steamapps and steamapps/common, trying different download regions, deleting all steam files except steam.exe and steamapps, using a steamfilter to [B]force a different download region.
The ONLY fix i have found for this myself is to log in on the same account on a different computer where it will most likely work, download the 7.5GB gotham city imposters and transfer it onto the computer i currently use via usb/hdd
vipersnake52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gotham City Impostors