Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series

Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
ConkertheCat

HELP? Fallout 1 werid color error

Hey Im trying to play fallout 1 however some of the pixels turn to green and blue randomly on parts of the screen.

idk whats wrong I am running Windows 7.

is there a way to fix this?

edit: i have the SAME problem with fallout 2.....trying to launch fallout 2 even went as far to mess up all colors on my steam browser thing as well (even when the game was closed)

Heres what it looks like I had to restart steam just to fix it.

The only game on this pack that doesn't give me problems is fallout tactics.....why is this? can anyone help?

Last edited by ConkertheCat: 07-23-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
v8ftmfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkertheCat View Post
Hey Im trying to play fallout 1 however some of the pixels turn to green and blue randomly idk whats wrong i have windows 7, is there a way to fix this?
me too, be patient, dont freak out, I know there a way to fix this. btw its simmilar problem to diablo 1 or diablo 2, for diablo 2, i alway bring up the desk top screen resolution and minimize it, then try to run diablo 2 and it fix that green color thing,

hey it work for fallout too , I just try

Last edited by v8ftmfw: 07-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.
v8ftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
ConkertheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8ftmfw View Post
me too, be patient, dont freak out, I know there a way to fix this. btw its simmilar problem to diablo 1 or diablo 2, for diablo 2, i alway bring up the desk top screen resolution and minimize it, then try to run diablo 2 and it fix that green color thing,

hey it work for fallout too , I just try
im hearing it could be a lot more then just this....are you sure that would fix it? because im trying to play the game in the default resolution

Anyway i tried making the resolution of my computer smaller however this changed nothing....

....also when i close the game for a few seconds i see my desktop has the same problem till its fully closed....

soo yeah what can i do?

Last edited by ConkertheCat: 07-23-2012 at 11:01 AM.
ConkertheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Fish-E

Volunteer Moderator
Try installing the high resolution patches listed here. That fixed the problem for me (and made the game playable in modern resolutions!)
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
ConkertheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
Try installing the high resolution patches listed here. That fixed the problem for me (and made the game playable in modern resolutions!)
...my problem isnt the resolution its the pixels that go from colors green red and blue that appear all over the screen randomly...

How do i fix that?

Also i have the same problem with fallout 2...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
ConkertheCat

updated main post with more info on the problem.

Can anyone help me fix the problem with fallout 1 and 2?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
v8ftmfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkertheCat View Post
im hearing it could be a lot more then just this....are you sure that would fix it? because im trying to play the game in the default resolution

Anyway i tried making the resolution of my computer smaller however this changed nothing....

....also when i close the game for a few seconds i see my desktop has the same problem till its fully closed....

soo yeah what can i do?
no no, what I mean is, right click on your desktop and choose screen resolution, after the window pop up, leave it open and launch fallout again, all those color will get fix. it work for me, same thing i did to diablo 2 or starcraft
v8ftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
ConkertheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8ftmfw View Post
no no, what I mean is, right click on your desktop and choose screen resolution, after the window pop up, leave it open and launch fallout again, all those color will get fix. it work for me, same thing i did to diablo 2 or starcraft
I tried that and it had no effect
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
PannicAtack

I think you do need to download a patch in order to fix it.
PannicAtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
ConkertheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PannicAtack View Post
I think you do need to download a patch in order to fix it.
Have you tired it? -.- also because this is steam it says i have to instal other crap before hand, its confusing -.-
a step by step would be nice

Does anyone have a download of all the files in the correct folder already? I am having problems installing it

EDIT: I installed the patch for fallout 1, however even after doing all the steps the color error still remains...also if one trys to change any resolution the game crashes, not that i care about that much however the color error still remains...

Also the files needed in that thread someone linked to for fallout 2 the link is dead

Last edited by ConkertheCat: 07-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
ConkertheCat

update:" ok now randomly fallout 1 works for the most part however because the fallout 2 fix has dead links im stuck does anyone have the files?
Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
venom_is_an_ace

the best way i have found to fix the color glitch is to open and close the game until the color glitch stops
venom_is_an_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
Nite69

Banned
I actually never played Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 mainly cause I didn't like the birdeye view

I jumped into Fallout 3 when I started this game series as it was the first FPS style.
Nite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #14
ConkertheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_is_an_ace View Post
the best way i have found to fix the color glitch is to open and close the game until the color glitch stops
I installed the patch for fallout 1 and it fixed it however the one for fallout 2 is a dead link so i cant fix that one :c also that doesnt work trust me ive tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite69 View Post
I actually never played Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 mainly cause I didn't like the birdeye view

I jumped into Fallout 3 when I started this game series as it was the first FPS style.
Its not bird's eye view really, that would be the first zelda game, this view is more off to the side soo its not directly above.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
ConkertheCat

Does anyone have the fallout 2 fix? the link for me is dead

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series