Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Divine Divinity

Old 07-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Uraziel

Post Divine Divinity a good game, still after 10 years...

Hi,

the game Divine Divinity is still a good game. It has many, maaaany hours gameplay with a good story, alot side quests and you mostly decide what you do next. You remember Fallout 1 and 2? It is a bit like this game engine, the graphic is absolut not today standard, but it is really good painted. This game has brilliant music and sound effects.

Before you start the game, configure first your graphic-resolution, do not wonder on the first look it seems that the window is small, but when you finished talking in the begin with the healer and you leave the house, than you see that the world is on the complete window of your monitor.

Divine Divinity is a bit more comfortable than Fallout 1 and 2. But 'DD' is a RPG in a fantasy world, where you choose a character, a Thief, Warrior or Magician. Maybe good to know that you could choose each of this class as male or female class.

For this cheap price is Divine Divinity for everybody that loves RPG games, a must play.

If you still not sure to buy it, than do what I do always, look on youtube for gameplay videos and read some game reviews on different mags.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
v8ftmfw

This game having graphic bump up, it look really like HD, just bought ALL fall out, fallout 1,2,tactic,4 and new vegas with all download content, so imma busy with those for a very long time, spend over 205 dollar on summer sale, but only game I play now is fall out 1 , love those old school game.
v8ftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Montyleeny15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uraziel View Post
Hi,

the game Divine Divinity is still a good game. It has many, maaaany hours gameplay with a good story, alot side quests and you mostly decide what you do next. You remember Fallout 1 and 2? It is a bit like this game engine, the graphic is absolut not today standard, but it is really good painted. This game has brilliant music and sound effects.

Before you start the game, configure first your graphic-resolution, do not wonder on the first look it seems that the window is small, but when you finished talking in the begin with the healer and you leave the house, than you see that the world is on the complete window of your monitor.

Divine Divinity is a bit more comfortable than Fallout 1 and 2. But 'DD' is a RPG in a fantasy world, where you choose a character, a Thief, Warrior or Magician. Maybe good to know that you could choose each of this class as male or female class.

For this cheap price is Divine Divinity for everybody that loves RPG games, a must play.

If you still not sure to buy it, than do what I do always, look on youtube for gameplay videos and read some game reviews on different mags.
DD is a good RPG, I can tell. However, it doesn't suit this generation of RPG players. Back when DD was released, there was another generation of RPG players who might have also played Elder Scrolls I and II, as well as the Might and Magic series, and Baldur's Gate. DD's gameplay is all paper and pen in all honesty, and I think in today's standards of gaming, it's not worth investing time into the game since it lacks value to play. It might have had value to play back in 2002, but that was ten years ago. RPGs have changed dramatically over 10 years, with new mechanics and such. First person shooter games can get away with being dated gameplay-wise, but RPGs it will always follow a life cycle. That's my personal opinion on Divine Divinity.

I'd highly recommend playing the game if you want to also play 'Original Sin' when it comes out, since it will follow the same sort of style as DD.
Montyleeny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
hexaae

This is a real RPG. Immersive like a book. Not an action-adventure with magic powers + inventory like modern so-called RPGs.

Wanna play other impressive real RPGs?
Baldur's Gate series, Torment etc.

Last edited by hexaae: 07-25-2012 at 02:48 AM.
hexaae is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Divine Divinity