Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Overlord Laharl

Skyrim randomly closes

Hello everyone, I know this topic may have been brought up before, but this is kind of getting annoying for me. I seem to have a problem with Skyrim, the game runs great for me on medium settings, everything is running great, in fact yesterday and this morning it was running fantastic. But than something odd happens, when I was playing the game randomly closed on me, no error messages whatsoever, just closes on me I am running the game off mods and I do have a mod manager so I can deactivate them, what do I do? Do I start a new game without mods? Do I reinstall the game? Or is this another Bethesdia glitch? I haven't downloaded any mods since yesterday and like I said before, it ran great yesterday, but now it just decided to act strange. Please help.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
cannonfodder-uk

im having the same problem ive got about 70 mods running but it was working fine untill yesterday now random closing no error message or anything :S
cannonfodder-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
Memeras

@cannonfodder-uk - Have you applied the Steam Beta Patch for Skyrim at all? I installed that this morning, and since then the game constantly closes without any error messages whatsoever and returns me to the desktop.

Everything was fine until I applied this Beta Patch. Hopefully this will be rectified for the official patch release.
Memeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
marcicol

Same problem here, randomly I get back to desktop. I don't think to have the beta patch, I have only the patches from the auto-update form steam (or does it install the beta ones too?).
Sometime I can play 2h or more without any problem, sometime I get back to desktop 2-3 times in 1 hour...
marcicol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Memeras

Steam won't install Beta patches unless you select the option to in your Steam settings. Prior to installing the latest Beta patch I could play for hours without issue. Now it crashes after approximately 30 seconds and returns me to the desktop. As this only started after installing the Beta patch, I am assuming it is that that caused the issue
Memeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Overlord Laharl

Red face

Well so far it seems like another Bethesdia glitch....or Steam glitch *shakes fist at Bethesdia or Gabe*....hopefully they realize and patch it quick.....
Overlord Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
cannonfodder-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memeras View Post
@cannonfodder-uk - Have you applied the Steam Beta Patch for Skyrim at all? I installed that this morning, and since then the game constantly closes without any error messages whatsoever and returns me to the desktop.

Everything was fine until I applied this Beta Patch. Hopefully this will be rectified for the official patch release.
nope havnt installed the beta patch as i never opted in to do so unless steam whent ahead and did it anyway
cannonfodder-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
spyrochaete

Disable mods, try again. No crash = bad mods.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
Overlord Laharl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrochaete View Post
Disable mods, try again. No crash = bad mods.
Did that but it still crashes...
Overlord Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
Digimortal

Bad Mods....nice try.

So tell me why people are getting this problem w/o mods or with 2 or 3 mods only.

Also I'm running Skyrim with SKSE. (Have SkyUI)
Maybe it's not compitable with the patch?

btw. Skyrim Version 1.6.89.0

Last edited by Digimortal: 07-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Digimortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
RB_Crash

I've had this since I got this game it's hard to play more then 10 minuets without a crash.I tried the update and still crashing.
RB_Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
ebevan91

This has been happening to me a lot recently.

The game crashed none during my first 45 or so hours of gameplay. All of a sudden it starts crashing. No mods installed either.
ebevan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #13
Digimortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
This has been happening to me a lot recently.

The game crashed none during my first 45 or so hours of gameplay. All of a sudden it starts crashing. No mods installed either.
I'm curious about an update.esm I can see in the nexus mod manager (in the plugins tab) but there is no description.
Also dump question.

With the high res texture pack we have 2 .esps
We must enable both of them or just one?
Digimortal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V