Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prince of Persia series

Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Frywalker

Insane Difficulty Curve!

I got the whole series as part of the Steam Sale and decided to play form the first Prince of Persia to the last. What the hell happened between Sands of Time and Warrior Within? It went from a semi-easy PG game to a Insanely unforgiving PG-13. I went through SoT probably only dying once or twice. In Warrior Within I died twice on the tutorial boss fight. Either I accidentally set it to hard mode (I dont know if I can go back and check) or the Prince suddenly got very gritty and very hard.

I played Two Thrones back when it came out on PS2 and I dont remember it every being this hard

Last edited by Frywalker: 07-24-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Valas34

That first boss fight is a tough challenge when you just start out. When fighting her you should mostly dodge roll away from attacks and do the jump over attack. If you are confident you can try and parry her but it usually best to play it safe.

Warrior Within is much tougher combat wise (at least for me) and dodging is usually better than blocking seeing as many enemies can knock you down if you are blocking.

It is a great game but sometimes the combat can be very unforgiving.
Valas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Humble Ed

This is true that lady is hard, you will fight her at the start and med game if I remember correctly. Also the final boss in Warrior Within is the only boss from my PS2 games that I never beat for the alternate ending.
Humble Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Roaming_Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Ed View Post
This is true that lady is hard, you will fight her at the start and med game if I remember correctly. Also the final boss in Warrior Within is the only boss from my PS2 games that I never beat for the alternate ending.

Theres a glitch there that makes sure he never rises up from hanging the ledge after Kaileena throws him off. You must circle non stop and hack him without letting up not giving him space to move, and when he is thrown, keep jump attacking on top of him and he won't rise.
Roaming_Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prince of Persia series