Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
shkerd

Post my steam banned cs

counter-strike
counter strike zero
my steam account banned cs
I'm not cheating and not playing with the cheats on the other day I did not have the monitor and steam banned : Замешательстве:но почему я забаннен

Last edited by shkerd: 07-30-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
CTRL ALT DEL !

If you didn't cheat, you let someone use your account that did.

The VAC ban(s)on record means a cheat or modified file was detect 100% for sure.

If VAC made a mistake there would be hundreds of people here complaining of the same ban, I haven't seen that.

So I am happy to tell you that to remove you ban, you will have to create a new account and buy you games again.

And next time, don't lend your account and/or don't cheat.

VAC bans are never removed when a cheat is detected.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
shkerd

The VAC ban(s)on record means a cheat or modified file was detect 100% for sure.

VAC bans are never removed when a cheat is detected.

I was thinking about making an addon that would inject itself into the Steam client (Mac) and hook into the notifications to relay them to Growl, so Growl can receive the notifications. I was wondering if this would trigger a VAC ban, even if it's not affecting the actual game.virus

Last edited by shkerd: 07-30-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Nekomancer

Why are you citing someone else with something that's not even related to your case?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
Tito Shivan

What CTRL+ALT+DEL said.
You can open a support ticket if you wish, so support will verify your ban is indeed earned.

As VAC works on cheat detection, i have a very, very hard time believing 'you didn't' cheat.

Learn the lesson and stop cheating in the future.

Fun Fact: While doing a profile check i stumbled into a 'VAC Proof cheats' page with the following warning:
Quote:
Remember, when you download cheats & hacks from [REDACTED], you agree not to use them on VAC secured servers. It is against Valves policy, and you risk getting your Steam account permanently banned from all VAC secured servers.

It is at your own risk to use any of the cheats & hacks from [REDACTED] We take no responsibility of any harm it may cause, or if you get banned.
Oh, the irony....
So much for a 'VAC Proof' cheat, ain't it?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
shkerd

necromancer
Why are you citing someone else with something that's not even related to your case?

shkerd
my steam is hacked and addon upgdate steam client with not monitor 3 days
support wants to understand

Last edited by shkerd: 07-30-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
MST3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
If VAC made a mistake there would be hundreds of people here complaining of the same ban, I haven't seen that.
Have you seen the VAC thread? By this logic VAC only bans players for not cheating.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
shkerd

TiTo shivan
Remember, when you download cheats & hacks from [REDACTED], you agree not to use them on VAC secured servers. It is against Valves policy, and you risk getting your Steam account permanently banned from all VAC secured servers.
It is at your own risk to use any of the cheats & hacks from [REDACTED] We take no responsibility of any harm it may cause, or if you get banned.

shkerd
Thousands are without Steam client to the same cheaters
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
Nekomancer

Please, stop using Google Translate, whatever you wrote, we don't understand it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomancer View Post
Please, stop using Google Translate, whatever you wrote, we don't understand it.
^ This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K View Post
Have you seen the VAC thread? By this logic VAC only bans players for not cheating.
Certainly, VAC only bans innocent people who did nothing.

OP. I assume you got somehow your account 'hacked' by someone who used it to cheat? Well, if that's the case, it makes no difference.
Account security is your responsability, so whatever happens is your responsability too.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
shkerd

Quote:
so you do not unban my account
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
shkerd

Quote:

I don't understant it my account more unban
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
shkerd

Quote:
I already posted a link to support

Last edited by shkerd: 07-30-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #14
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkerd View Post
so you do not unban my account
NOBODY here can unban your account.
This is a USERS forum.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
_Budweiser_

Facts:

The VAC system is designed to automatically detect and flag the currently logged-on accounts for clients that connect to VAC-secured servers when specific KNOWN cheats are discovered in running memory, injected into steam or game processes and any modifications to core executables and libraries.

No Steam game accounts to the best of my knowledge have to this date ever been 'hacked'. If this situations occurred, Valve would have a serious situation on their hands. Valve certainly keep their account server(s) very well secured to the best of their abilities. More likely, users have neglected their own computer/credintial security allowing someone else to gain access to their password. In which case, they have defaulted on the responsibility to their account.

In any instance where one is certain that a ban has been applied 'wrongfully' on one's own registered account, the best course of action is to contact Steam Support. However, note that Valve policy is not to divulge any information relevant to the ban which may potentially compromise the effectiveness of the VAC
system.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion