Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jade Empire: Special Edition

Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Stormsworder

Failed to Find Steam error on Windows 7 32-bit

I've seen a lot of fixes that seem more geared towards 64-bit users, but I'm only a 32-bit user. Compatibility mode won't work. Tried launching the game directly from its folder but still gives me a "failed to find Steam" error.

This is the THIRD game I can't play so far on Steam (other being Dustforce and The Witcher). Veeery frustrating. Anyone got some tips
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
insane312

Same problem here. I actually joined the forums to try get help. I tried everything that people are suggesting. I find it absolutely unbelievable that Steam are actually selling this game without a warning. The fact is: it just doesn't work.

I've spent hours trying different things e.g compatibility issues, , backing it up un-installing the game and re-installing, I've tried altering the path in the environmental settings. I've copied Steam.dll into the Jade Empire Folder...

I shouldn't have to do all this. I purchased a game that isn't fit for sale. There was no warning on the page that it wouldn't work with Win7 32bit.

Please can someone share an idea on how to fix it
insane312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
brubobaggins

I'm on 32 bit as well, and I also had this issue. I just did the same fix as for Win 7 64bit, i.e. this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...7&postcount=13, and it fixed that problem right up for me. Give it a go?
brubobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
insane312

thanks, that did work
insane312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
mschi772

What really gets me (I'm a 64-bit user) is that I just ran this game fine after installing it a few days ago. I had no problems with anything at all. NOW I get a "can't find Steam" error. I can't stress enough that I have changed NOTHING since I last ran the game.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
itworkedforme

reverify
itworkedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
riteilu

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubobaggins View Post
I'm on 32 bit as well, and I also had this issue. I just did the same fix as for Win 7 64bit, i.e. this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...7&postcount=13, and it fixed that problem right up for me. Give it a go?
This isn't working for me. Any other ideas?

Perhaps relevantly, I did not find PATH under my user variables, but under system variables. I tried adding it to my user variables as well, but it didn't change anything.
riteilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #8
XxGriMReapRxX

I run a 64 bit, and I tried that tip. But it did not wrk.
XxGriMReapRxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #9
Introspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubobaggins View Post
Thank you!
Introspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
Designator

Running Windows 7 64-bit and having the exact same issue. I can get the splash screen up, but when I click play or configure I get the "Failed to Find Steam" error.

The fix posted in this thread did not work for me :I
Designator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
defluxx

Designator, so I had the same problem. I read about modifying the path, and instead decided to make a symbolic link to Program Files (x86) in my Program Files folder. That didn't work, so I figured "WTH" and did what was suggested in this thread exactly. That didn't work either! So instead (without removing my previous changes) I closed Steam and re-ran in administrator mode, and lo-and-behold I'm now able to access the utility! So... which of my changes were necessary? Which were superfluous? I can't say for certain and I'm not going to play around just to find out.

Edit: Running as an administrator actually didn't fix the problem, what fixed it was restarting steam AFTER adding the right directory to my path. Hope something from my experience works for you.

Last edited by defluxx: 08-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
defluxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Castaa

Thanks this worked. Be aware your path to Steam might be different if you installed steam on a different path than the default.

And you need to restart Steam once you make the PATH change.
Castaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jade Empire: Special Edition