Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
voodoodude
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 102
Posts: 807
Exclamation STALKER 2 from bethesda ?

Stalker 2 is not dead, says Sergey Galyonkin, marketing director at 1C Multimedia

STALKER 2 is alive, details in the blog later
https://twitter.com/galyonkin/status/230257375808999424

edit it seems bethesda has the rights according to this


Quote:
The following info is from a reliable source but isn't official, keep that in mind.

Sergey Grigorovich didn't sell the brand name "STALKER".

Bethesda is going to publish a STALKER game and has all the rights to it.

The game is multiplatform(consoles+PC) and is based on Bethesda technology.

It's being made by a studio familiar with that technology(possibly Obisidian or the Fallout 3 team from Bethesda, but no facts as of yet). It is almost 100% guaranteed that it's not a Ukrainian studio.

Bethesda will be able to buy the brand name from Grigorovich later, but for now all the misc. merchandise is his responsibility.

Release date, engine, detailes - TBA.

Last edited by voodoodude: 07-31-2012 at 05:37 AM.
voodoodude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
klaount
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 98
Posts: 975
A decent translation would be nice.
klaount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
Mr.SwingKing
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 100
Posts: 478
The twitter message only says Stalker 2 is alive, more information later. Nothing about Bethesda.
Mr.SwingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
TeKraken
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 7157
Posts: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaount View Post
A decent translation would be nice.
It would yes, but underneath it does sound like better news than STALKER is dead.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #5
voodoodude
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 102
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SwingKing View Post
The twitter message only says Stalker 2 is alive, more information later. Nothing about Bethesda.
http://galyonkin.com/2012/07/31/stal...daet-bethesda/

translate it
voodoodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #6
clocksstoppe
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 406
Posts: 2,892
Yay stalker! Aww, it's in russian.

Translate it someone. RUS pls.
clocksstoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #7
Edeslash
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Reputation: 275
Posts: 898
And another series will die in Bethesda's hands. Poor STALKER.
Edeslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #8
psihomir2
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 2112
Posts: 7,486
Yay, prepare for Oblivion with AK-47's Between this and the Stalker F2P MMO they announced a while ago, they should just let this franchise die.
psihomir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #9
prX8
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 119
Posts: 144
guys, someone said it on the internet, has to be true
prX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #10
Mr.SwingKing
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 100
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoodude View Post
I write a quick summary.

Quote:
The below information comes from a trustworthy source, but is not official.

Sergey Grigorovich really didn't sell the Stalker brand.

The new Stalker game however is in production at Bethesda, who owns all rights to it. It is developed for multiple platforms with Bethesda technology. Which studio is working on the game is unclear, but its certainly not in Ukraine.

Grigorovich still holds the rights to all Stalker merchandise.
Mr.SwingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
psihomir2
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 2112
Posts: 7,486
I also don't get this.

"Sergey Grigorovich really didn't sell the Stalker brand."

"Bethesda [...] owns all rights to it"

Don't these 2 sentences directly contradict each other?
psihomir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:55 AM   #12
voodoodude
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 102
Posts: 807
or this
Quote:
The following info is from a reliable source but isn't official, keep that in mind.

Sergey Grigorovich didn't sell the brand name "STALKER".

Bethesda is going to publish a STALKER game and has all the rights to it.

The game is multiplatform(consoles+PC) and is based on Bethesda technology.

It's being made by a studio familiar with that technology(possibly Obisidian or the Fallout 3 team from Bethesda, but no facts as of yet). It is almost 100% guaranteed that it's not a Ukrainian studio.

Bethesda will be able to buy the brand name from Grigorovich later, but for now all the misc. merchandise is his responsibility.

Release date, engine, detailes - TBA.
voodoodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #13
TheDarkChaplain
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 215
Posts: 1,117
Carp. That means even if the game gets released, it will take at least another six to nine months to make the game playable without tons of bugs and glitches.

I honestly don't want STALKER 2 to be ruined. Bethesda games feel traditionally extremely empty and lifeless, and not just because of some nuclear holocaust or dragons flying around. They lack spirit and soul.

And really, this will probably be all too similar to Fallout 3, a test-run for Fallout 4 or too forcefully different to feel anything like STALKER.
TheDarkChaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
voodoodude
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 102
Posts: 807
all the stalkers took 6-9 months too to be playable
voodoodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #15
psihomir2
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 2112
Posts: 7,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkChaplain View Post
Carp. That means even if the game gets released, it will take at least another six to nine months to make the game playable without tons of bugs and glitches.

I honestly don't want STALKER 2 to be ruined. Bethesda games feel traditionally extremely empty and lifeless, and not just because of some nuclear holocaust or dragons flying around. They lack spirit and soul.

And really, this will probably be all too similar to Fallout 3, a test-run for Fallout 4 or too forcefully different to feel anything like STALKER.
Yep, I expect it to be extremely buggy, plus there's no way I can see Bethesda pulling off the STALKER atmosphere, if all of their previous games are any indication.

But hey, it's a good opportunity to milk a cash cow, right?
psihomir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.