Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sins of a Solar Empire series > Rebellion

Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
quenta

Random rebellion crashes.

Anyone getting random crashes in Rebellion? Mine sporadic and I can't identify anything that would be triggering them.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Ryatboss

Yes, there are several issues. The devs are working on a patch for it and will be out soon sometime in August.
Ryatboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Zygon2004

Mine isn't quite random, but I don't know what's causing it. I crashed, reloaded, and after a few minutes (me doing nothing but camping a planet until its culture drops so I can colonize) and it crashes at the same time as before. I loaded three different times, the last time I didn't use time compression because I figured that might be it, but it crashed there anyway. :-P
Zygon2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
fileosoft

For people with crash, start the game with the dev version located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire rebellion\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Dev.exe"...

These dev version generate a log of everything where the last few lines usually show what is guilty for the crash... in some way, it is very similar to the papyrus log from Skyrim... since log can be huge, 7zip them before send them to the game dev...

For more info about what other great thing can do the dev exe, take a look at http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/410160 ...
fileosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Fulcrum1

Crashes on big maps

Mine crashes alot on big or huge maps.
It seems its unplayable on huge with 6 or more players, just bogs down to a crawl or crashes.
Fulcrum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Ryatboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryatboss View Post
Yes, there are several issues. The devs are working on a patch for it and will be out soon sometime in August.
This ^
only the patch will take a little bit longer. The devs have said they tracked down the issue but other things with the patch are still in work up.
Ryatboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
MadDog1001

I came across this site after crashing a few times, its been working for me so far.

half way down problem #2
crashfixes .com
http://www./sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-crash-fix-and-fixes-to-errors-minidump-desync-freezing-lagging-ctd-poor-fps-black-screen-no-sound/

sorry, cant post links?

Last edited by MadDog1001: 08-19-2012 at 09:17 AM.
MadDog1001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sins of a Solar Empire series > Rebellion