Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 08-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Saint

Red face Cheater flood in mw3

Mw3 always had lots of cheaters in a game mode called ground war.Out of 10 potential games i can join 7 games have a aimboter or 2 in them.Recently the situation escalated.While the number of aimboters slightly increased more commonly i find a game where sudenly everybody runs 10 times faster,some players are unkillable and can fly across the map,not to mention that they have unlimited ammo and sometimes even aimbot.In some games an entire team spawns in the same place over and over again.Sometimes when i get shoot at i get kicked back across the map.It often happens that an entire team just goes airborne and then they all fall and die.To some extent i understand that vac cant ban everyone using a cheat but i doubt that you need a really small program such as an wh/bot to do something as severe as the things i listed above.Does anyone know anything about stuff like this and how can this be stoped since its really quite frequent as of late.Sry for bad english
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
towny

MW3 is still quite new, so new hacks are constantly coming out for it and it's hard to keep up with blocking the hacks and detecting them. I'm sure if you wait patiently, playing spec ops and offline it will be fixed.
towny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
Nekomancer

The bigger problem is that Activision failed again to implement VAC as it was intended, to support server administrators.
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
CTRL ALT DEL !

Not only that there is no setting to stop using skins in any game.

sv_pure 2 or the like doesn't exist in MW games so edited iwd files are allowed. Not good to stop cheating is it?

Those options should be in vac games. Skins on/off and administrator or at least vote kick.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
lmaobox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
sv_pure 2 or the like doesn't exist in MW games so edited iwd files are allowed. Not good to stop cheating is it?
We already know they do not care about PC version so much.
lmaobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
Misguided

They way MW3 works is that your game lobbies are generally localized to your region. This means you may be experiencing a huge influx of cheaters while other may not. It totally sucks, i know. Happened to me about three months ago but it is cleared up now.

Try joining the IWEnforcers group and message them with game replay or screenshot of the offenders. They may be able to clear it up. It will take some time though and good luck.
Misguided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Xientie

Banned
I like it when my opponents cheat, it makes killing them all that much sweeter, that even when cheating they still manage to fail.

Cheats are a lot like crutches, some people genuinely need them while others are encumbered and slowed by their use.

I'm particularly fond of opponents who persist in using the infinite ammo and flymode mods.

Players who use infinite ammo always tend towards spray'n'pray tactics, advertising their postion and leaving themselves open to counter attacks.

Flymode users? Someone who actually ignores cover in favor of flying around in the open cover-free skies? Oh yes please.

Killing a single cheater at least once is enough to fill me with pride and accomplishment for an entire afternoon.
A cheaters kills are hollow, meaningless and pointless. They enjoy the moment, but afterwards are left cold and empty.

Pity the cheater, for few are more pitiful than them.
Xientie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Saint

Mw3 is probably going to end up like world at war.I will probably try to join IWEnforcers after i come back from holidays since im a cheater detecting machine .The lobbys im in are a lot of things but localised never
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
MalBoY

Vac sucks who just want to wait 2 ing weeks before people get banned? that sucks :/

Sorry my bad language but this is true.

Last edited by MalBoY: 08-03-2012 at 04:25 PM.
MalBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
lillythemoogle

It's so that they don't know which cheats actually got banned, if you would actually think about why the bans are delayed.

If you want to play Call of Duty with little to no cheaters, buy it on the 360.
lillythemoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
MalBoY

A pc gamer dont want to play on console lol

Punkbuster do it fine and punkbuster dont have a big delay i have played battlefield 3 in 1 week and i have not seen just 1 cheater.
MalBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Traitor Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalBoY View Post
Vac sucks who just want to wait 2 ing weeks before people get banned? that sucks :/
VAC does not suck, IW's implemention of VAC is far from optimal though and leaves normal players no option to get rid of blatant cheaters.
Traitor Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:26 AM   #13
stoerzi94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
Not only that there is no setting to stop using skins in any game.
"..."
won't say "in any game" because (for example) in Call of Duty 4 you can check the .iwd files with the PunkBuster MD5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillythemoogle View Post
"..."
If you want to play Call of Duty with little to no cheaters, buy it on the 360.
You played Call of Duty 4 on 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalBoY View Post
"..."
Punkbuster do it fine and punkbuster dont have a big delay i have played battlefield 3 in 1 week and i have not seen just 1 cheater.
Not really. PB had a lot of problems to work in BF3 and at Bad Company 2: 90% of PB screenshots are black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny View Post
MW3 is still quite new, so new hacks are constantly coming out for it and it's hard to keep up with blocking the hacks and detecting them. I'm sure if you wait patiently, playing spec ops and offline it will be fixed.
They had the same problem in MW2. in may 2010 there were about four hackers in every lobby (6v6). Oktober it has beed fixed a bit but if you pay 60€ for the game and another 1000$ for mappacks you should have a better anticheat support.
stoerzi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
no1dead

I'm not surprised.

The game has absolutely no protection on it's anti-cheat.
no1dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
uk301071

In every second Match is a Hacker.

No Valve not this way.
It makes me sick.

VAC dos'nt work.
Only the "open" cheats are detected.
The Closed Sources are undetected.
Maybe a Member of Valve sell the Hacks too.

MW3 was the last game I bought from Valve

Greets UK301071
uk301071 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion