Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Panzer89
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 442
Posts: 1,168
Represent TF2 in the gaming wiki-Olympics (NOW WITH SCOUT!)

Do this by voting for the sniper in the shooting section.

Kind of a shame they didn't add more TF2 characters.

EDIT: Credit goes to Cheesebot.exe for noticing that everyone's favorite annoying Bostonian is also competing in gaming wiki-Olympics under the long jump. So give The Scout some love and vote for him as well. He needs well over 200 votes to beat a certain two tailed flying fox.

Last edited by Panzer89: 08-04-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Panzer89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
mobott
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 203
Posts: 973
The link on the page doesn't even go to the official wiki or the TF2Wiki...it goes to a freaking Tf2 Wikia. *facepalm*
mobott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Panzer89
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 442
Posts: 1,168
We now have double the points we had before. We still need 18 more to beat the chief.
Panzer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
tacticalf41L
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 268
Posts: 1,515
I wish it were the spy. His characteristics combined with his abilities would've definitely made him the best contender and representative for TF2.
However, the current representative here THROWS BODILY FLUIDS AT PEOPLE. AND LIVES IN A VAN.
Sorry, but I considered all things and voted for the Chief. Don't hate me
tacticalf41L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Taxicab1729
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 1925
Posts: 2,562
Why the hell is Crash Bandicoot there? I guess he has a wumpa launcher, but he's still not exactly known for shooting.

And where's Doomguy?
Taxicab1729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Jaydor
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 534
Posts: 3,580
Solid Snake and Master Chief are there, Sniper might be a bit outclassed.

Snake is obviously the best contender in that poll.
Jaydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
XYTWO
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 2263
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalf41L View Post
I wish it were the spy. His characteristics combined with his abilities would've definitely made him the best contender and representative for TF2.
However, the current representative here THROWS BODILY FLUIDS AT PEOPLE. AND LIVES IN A VAN.
Sorry, but I considered all things and voted for the Chief. Don't hate me
How is Spy better at straight-up shooting people than Sniper?
XYTWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
tacticalf41L
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 268
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYTWO View Post
How is Spy better at straight-up shooting people than Sniper?
For one thing, he's a lot more versatile. It's not just about spraying the competition down, it's also about being able to duck when they return fire.
I doubt this theoretical fight would take place where meet the sniper did, with him at the very top of a cozy little tower while all the others are down below killing each other and disregarding him.
If things got dirty, he'd probably also be better in hand to hand combat.
tacticalf41L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
XYTWO
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 2263
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalf41L View Post
For one thing, he's a lot more versatile. It's not just about spraying the competition down, it's also about being able to duck when they return fire.
I doubt this theoretical fight would take place where meet the sniper did, with him at the very top of a cozy little tower while all the others are down below killing each other and disregarding him.
If things got dirty, he'd probably also be better in hand to hand combat.
This is the Olympics, not a brawl. It's about shooting a far-off target with little to no interference, not shooting the other guy to death.
XYTWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
tacticalf41L
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 268
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYTWO View Post
This is the Olympics, not a brawl. It's about shooting a far-off target with little to no interference, not shooting the other guy to death.
Ah, ok.
Then what was this guy smoking when he put birdo in? Heck, what was he smoking when he chose all the guys in the top row?
IMO, in the end, it's between the Chief and snoipeh. Though I do find it kind of funny that birdo's got more backers than Alex Mason. To be fair though, he'd probably be disqualified in the first round for screaming at the other contestants, asking what the numbers mean.
tacticalf41L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
TheHoboGod
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 142
Posts: 1,225
I'm mad the Gestir didn't make the Javelin contest.

On topic: Sniper wins because of aimbot.
TheHoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
fat guy ina box
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 513
If Sniper was down in the polls I woulda voted for him. Honestly.

But Garrus man? He's a complete bro and I owe him more than I can remember.
fat guy ina box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
Switch1
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 79
Posts: 348
Thumbs up

Sniper for the gold. As of now he's in the lead, come on SPUF make it happen!
Switch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #14
Panzer89
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 442
Posts: 1,168
Big thanks again to all who helped out.

We now outclass Chief by well over 30 votes, SPUF has spoken!

I'll give this thread a bump every day or so until the vote ends.
Panzer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #15
Cheesebot.exe
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 101
Posts: 107
scout's there in long jump
vote for him too
Cheesebot.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.